Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Matchmaking

thedude33
thedude33
✭✭✭✭✭
How is it possible that I have played maybe 10 BG matches. Am not even ranked, and just faced a premade with a guy ranked # 6 in the entire game ?
1v1 Win/Loss Record in PvP.
1 Wins - 392 Losses (guy was AFK)

• thedude33
    thedude33
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So just entered another under 50 BG game and cool ..he's there again. Always in werewolf form. His team won the first game 500 -70 -70
    Not interested in facing that again ..exit to another toon

• jd24
    jd24
    ✭✭✭
    Maybe the game thinks you are better than you think you are.
  • rabidmyers
    rabidmyers
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe the game thinks you are better than you think you are.

oh that is true, thedude33 is the best player ever
    at a place nobody knows
  • ChunkyCat
    ChunkyCat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’ve seen thedude33 beat up Chuck Norris
  • wheem_ESO
    wheem_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    thedude33 wrote: »
    How is it possible that I have played maybe 10 BG matches. Am not even ranked, and just faced a premade with a guy ranked # 6 in the entire game ?
    Those leaderboard rankings aren't based on skill, just on total cumulative score for the week.
    So just entered another under 50 BG game and cool ..he's there again. Always in werewolf form. His team won the first game 500 -70 -70
    Not interested in facing that again ..exit to another toon
    Pre-level 50 Battlegrounds aren't balanced in the slightest, and Werewolves - especially if twinked, which he most likely is - are extremely overpowered in that bracket. If he's abusing the bug with Torug's Pact + Werewolf bleeds (which is hopefully getting fixed soon), he'll be even more overpowered than normal.
  • Thogard
    Thogard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It’s far easier for new / beginner players to hit the leaderboard than it is for veterans because of the difference in queue wait times.

BG leaderboard means nothing

Source : I’ve hit #1 over a dozen times. Literally meaningless.
    PC NA - @dazkt - Dazk Ardoonkt / Sir Thogalot / Dask Dragoh’t / Dazk Dragoh’t / El Thogardo

Stream: twitch.tv/THOGARDvsThePeasants
    YouTube: http://youtube.com/c/thogardpvp

• thedude33
    thedude33
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thogard wrote: »

It’s far easier for new / beginner players to hit the leaderboard than it is for veterans because of the difference in queue wait times.

No idea what that means.

• Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Experienced players like to run under 50 BGs as WW because it’s freakin OP in that case. I mean not that all of them are trolling some just like to level up that way. There’s a smaller pool in under 50 as well and it also depends on what time of day you play.
  • wheem_ESO
    wheem_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭

No idea what that means.
    Lets say that you and I both queue up for a Battleground. If your MMR (Match Making Rating, which is hidden from view) is a lot higher than mine, you'll usually end up waiting longer to get into a game than I will. This will ultimately mean that for the same amount of time invested, I will probably get to play more Battlegrounds than you, which means that it's easier for me to make it to the leaderboards, since they're based on cumulative personal score.

So if I play 10 games, getting 2,500 points each, I'll have a total score of 25,000 for the leaderboards. If you score 4,000 points per game, but can only get in 5 games due to having to sit around waiting on the queue, you'll end up with a total score of 20,000.

Neither MMR nor the leaderboards are a good measurement of individual skill, even though a lot of the players high up on both of those things are indeed solid players.
  • thedude33
    thedude33
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    wheem_ESO wrote: »

No idea what that means.
    Lets say that you and I both queue up for a Battleground. If your MMR (Match Making Rating, which is hidden from view) is a lot higher than mine, you'll usually end up waiting longer to get into a game than I will. This will ultimately mean that for the same amount of time invested, I will probably get to play more Battlegrounds than you, which means that it's easier for me to make it to the leaderboards, since they're based on cumulative personal score.

So if I play 10 games, getting 2,500 points each, I'll have a total score of 25,000 for the leaderboards. If you score 4,000 points per game, but can only get in 5 games due to having to sit around waiting on the queue, you'll end up with a total score of 20,000.

Neither MMR nor the leaderboards are a good measurement of individual skill, even though a lot of the players high up on both of those things are indeed solid players.

I usually get in instantly. Never more than a minute. Plus i'm ranked about 5,000 ? ( cant remember but it's not good) . The wide majority of the time I am ranked 4th on my team for score after a game. No other way to say it, I'm a really bad player. No way should I be matched up against a guy that is 4th overall on leader board.... and he played like it. Couldn't damage him and he killed both teams over and over. Like watching a Bruce Lee movie.

• Thogard
    Thogard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    wheem_ESO wrote: »

No idea what that means.

I usually get in instantly. Never more than a minute. Plus i'm ranked about 5,000 ? ( cant remember but it's not good) . The wide majority of the time I am ranked 4th on my team for score after a game. No other way to say it, I'm a really bad player. No way should I be matched up against a guy that is 4th overall on leader board.... and he played like it. Couldn't damage him and he killed both teams over and over. Like watching a Bruce Lee movie.

Most of the players who are actually good at BGs have 15min + wait times or are on new alts.

You’re not getting matched up against a top tier player... just someone who is playing a lot on a new toon. That’s all the leaderboard is.
    PC NA - @dazkt - Dazk Ardoonkt / Sir Thogalot / Dask Dragoh’t / Dazk Dragoh’t / El Thogardo

• jd24
    jd24
    ✭✭✭
    How many games does it take on a fresh toon to get to a 15 min queue time? I'm a newb right now and wondering if I should wait to max level to pvp or start doing some now.
  • brandonv516
    brandonv516
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    How many games does it take on a fresh toon to get to a 15 min queue time? I'm a newb right now and wondering if I should wait to max level to pvp or start doing some now.

At least several hundred I would surmise. But I'm not sure if those matches need to be wins or having a good medal count.
  • ChunkyCat
    ChunkyCat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

My StamSorc is on the 15 minute bandwagon. In these matches, if you’re not with a premade of your own, then you’re getting farmed with the rest of your losing team.

After over a year since playing my Warden, I dusted him off and queued up.

Insta-Match.

Now, I honestly don’t know what’s worse, the ice Warden snare tank meta of top tier BGs (where the match times out with a max score of 250) or low tier MMR BGs where I get grouped with 3 CP 200 stamblades.

It’s only been a weekend on my Warden, but I’m eagerly waiting to GTFO these low tier MMR matches.
    Edited by ChunkyCat on February 18, 2019 1:47PM
  • Thogard
    Thogard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ChunkyCat wrote: »

My StamSorc is on the 15 minute bandwagon. In these matches, if you’re not with a premade of your own, then you’re getting farmed with the rest of your losing team.

After over a year since playing my Warden, I dusted him off and queued up.

Insta-Match.

Now, I honestly don’t know what’s worse, the ice Warden snare tank meta of top tier BGs (where the match times out with a max score of 250) or low tier MMR BGs where I get grouped with 3 CP 200 stamblades.

It’s only been a weekend on my Warden, but I’m eagerly waiting to GTFO these low tier MMR matches.

I honestly prefer the high MMR matches where you can usually count on having teammates that aren’t idiots. Low MMR matches are nothing but nightblades and werewolves and mediocre premades and bad teammates constantly overextending to rush out and get farmed by the above.

In high MMR you can generally count on teammates to have decent positioning, nightblades are generally useless, and the advantage for being a premade is greatly diminished since (almost) everyone knows how to play together anyway.

• thedude33
    thedude33
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My magdk is level 37 now. I have a magden and magplar in their teens. Will level them all up in BGs. Two games per day for each ..or more if we don't finish top 2. Should be no fear of getting a high MMR, and if I see that werewolf that plays 24/7, will just go grab some shards or play a bit on Cyrodil