Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Gaming Keypads?

WoW_Refugee
WoW_Refugee
✭✭
I'm finding playing ESO on my PC with keyboard and mouse increasingly limiting. I'm considering getting a gaming keypad such as the Razer Nostromo. Do y'all have any recommendations regarding which keypad works best and/or how best use it, or do you perhaps have a solution other than a gaming keypad that you prefer?
  • WoW_Refugee
    WoW_Refugee
    ✭✭
    Having trouble editing my post, so I'll add this additional info here. I've tried gaming mice in the past, but they tend to be a problem for me. Because I'm a fingertip mouser, I hold the mouse with my thumb, pinky, and ring finger, and I use my index finger and whatever that other finger is called (you know the one) to click the right and left mouse buttons. This means it's very difficult to press other mouse buttons with my thumb while my character is moving.
  • Nave_Horsespitoon
    What type of machine do you have? I use a Mac, and can just plug one of my ps4 controllers directly into one of my USB ports. That Nostromo is very cool, I don’t know where you can buy one however. In a previous thread someone mentioned the Razor controller but I don’t know where you can find one of those either, on top of not knowing if it comes in pc/Mac flavors.
  • Nave_Horsespitoon
    I found more info for you at the Razer site

https://razer.com/gaming-keyboards-keypads/razer-tartarus-v2

This is their latest version it looks super cool.
  • jd24
    jd24
    ✭✭✭
    I see your name as wow_refugee and taking it you are coming to eso from wow. I am in the same boat! Eso is a blast so far tbh.

In wow I could play one handed a lot of times because I have the logitech g600. It makes holding a kid with one hand doable while playing. In eso, the movement basically required you to play with two hands. Then I started messing around with the controls and this is some of the binds I made.

auto run to mouse button 4 which is moving the wheel to the left
    Mount to right below mousewheel
    E to right below mount
    roll dodge to wheel up
    interrupt to wheel down

Then with the 12 buttons on the side 1-5 was left alone.
    6 is ult
    7 bar swap
    10 potion
    11synergy

Movement is a bit wonky still since I am constantly having to toggle autorun on and off but I can at least play one handed like I could in wow.
  • jd24
    jd24
    ✭✭✭
    Well I don't know how to edit and just saw where you don't like using an mmo mouse. Sorry!

I've used my Steelseries Merc Stealth for about 6 years now and has a gamepad like setup addon to the left of your keyboard. It also doesn't sound like you are typing a telegraph in ww2. I looked it up and amazon has it for $500. Not sure what happened to the price of it since mine was about $115 at walmart.

• Zypheran
    Zypheran
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Have you considered an Xbox controller. The UI has improved hugely over the years and it gives the option to play on your TV while sitting back on your couch
    All my housing builds are available on YouTube
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCf3oJ_cxuu01HmWZJZ6KK6g?view_as=subscriber
    I am happy to share the EHT save files for most of my builds.