The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Invigorating

JobooAGS
JobooAGS
✭✭✭✭✭
Should invigorating go from a flat recovery bonus of 11 hp stam and mag regen to a % increase in regen to make it more useful?
Edited by JobooAGS on February 17, 2019 4:26AM

Invigorating 33 votes

Yes 4% at gold rating
33%
StxRikumaruLordTareqafonikCrafts_Many_BoxesZeroXFFWildRaptorXn0she1teRMartiniDanielsDonny_VitoUryel 11 votes
Yes 7% at gold rating
33%
UntrustedExistenzKatinasApheriusmeekeyceesusmitdsShinshadoweso_nyaMuSE_nr1robprmacsmoothKhajiitFelix 11 votes
No invigorating is fine
12%
Lightspeedflashb14_ESOIlluvatarrSwiftnoodleJazzyNova 4 votes
No, but here is what should happen with it
12%
JobooAGSMudcrabberWoppaBoemRaptorRodeoGod 4 votes
Other
9%
HidesFromSunTrinity_Is_My_NameThanatos_inside 3 votes
  • Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    No invigorating is fine
    7% is way to much, that is almost 50% more regen, even 4% is crazy, that is 28% more regen, or even more then the armor regen buffs. Invigorating is a filler trait. It is fine in that regard, better to use it then not have a set piece.
  • Rikumaru
    Rikumaru
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes 4% at gold rating
    There should be more viable traits than inpen (and very rarely well fitted).
    Overload rework. Power Overload now does physical damage and grants you the power of a tornado: You throw a brick at the target with a light attack, and you hammer your head into that brick with every heavy attack. We have decreased its Ultimate cost, but increased the chance that you get stuck in the animation.
  • Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    No invigorating is fine
    Rikumaru wrote: »

Sounds like inpen needs to be nerfed.
  • Chilly-McFreeze
    Chilly-McFreeze
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Sounds like inpen needs to be nerfed.

Would totally not screw the whole damage thing.
  • LordTareq
    LordTareq
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes 4% at gold rating
    Maybe not percentage based, as that way it would only become (too) useful for characters with high regen, but the flat value should be higher.
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

That's utterly not their direction tho. Look at ward changes, the one setup type that could avoid it now, nope all ward users in impen.

It's a real shame
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • Illuvatarr
    Illuvatarr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No invigorating is fine
    Invigorating is underrated. Can wear with impen set and necro.
  • Chilly-McFreeze
    Chilly-McFreeze
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Illuvatarr wrote: »
    Invigorating is underrated. Can wear with impen set and necro.

For 77 tri-regen? Awesome.
  • Illuvatarr
    Illuvatarr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No invigorating is fine
    Get some gear you don’t like and test it. Watch how much your Regen rates go up with percentages etc.
  • RaptorRodeoGod
    RaptorRodeoGod
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Change it back to prosperous, I want more gold.
    Give all classes access to a Scribing skill that works like Arcanist beam.
    ---
    Overland difficulty scaling is desperately needed. 10 years. 6 paid expansions. 25 DLCs. 41 game changing updates including One Tamriel, an overhaul of the game including a permanent CP160 gear cap and ridiculous power creep thereafter. I'm sick and tired of hearing about Cadwell Silver & Gold as a "you think you do but you don't" - tier deflection to any criticism regarding the lack of overland difficulty in the game. I'm bored of dungeons, I'm bored of trials; make a personal difficulty slider for overland. Make a self debuff mythic. Literally anything at this point.
  • Mudcrabber
    Mudcrabber
    ✭✭✭✭
    For comparison, Divines with a recovery mundus would give you 7.5% of 238 or about 18 recovery in one resource. Since Invigorating gives you all 3 resources, they reduced it to 11 each, but that's 33 total.

In terms of percentage, the current 11 is 0.67% of my main's magicka recovery, or 1.2% of the average of my recoveries. 4% is about 3-6x stronger than that, so I think that's too steep of a buff.

I think the problem is that nobody even uses the recovery mundus stones either. The 77 recovery from 7 Invigorating takes over a minute to give me one more ability cast. A mundus buff, giving only one resource, still takes 20-30 seconds. Nobody uses Invigorating because nobody uses The Atronach or Serpent either.

What if it gave you 25 recovery, but only in one resource? Like your highest-max, or your most-empty?

I'm also thinking about a 1% ability cost reduction.
  • Uryel
    Uryel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes 4% at gold rating
    As it is, invigorating is the moste useless trait ever. Sustain is only a problem in some high end situations (trials, maybe ?). Most of the time, just a few heavy attacks will do the trick if you even need that. But maybe I'm biased, being a stamina based bosmer character.

But if for some reason you need more regen... What good is that trait ? You squeeze almost nothing out of a full set, and have to give up everything else for that, when anything else is more useful than that anyway.
  • Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    No invigorating is fine
    Uryel wrote: »
    As it is, invigorating is the moste useless trait ever. Sustain is only a problem in some high end situations (trials, maybe ?). Most of the time, just a few heavy attacks will do the trick if you even need that. But maybe I'm biased, being a stamina based bosmer character.

But if for some reason you need more regen... What good is that trait ? You squeeze almost nothing out of a full set, and have to give up everything else for that, when anything else is more useful than that anyway.

nirnhoned and reinforced would like to have a word with you. i would much rather have invigorating then either of those. and inpen in pve.
  • Chilly-McFreeze
    Chilly-McFreeze
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Uryel wrote: »

nirnhoned and reinforced would like to have a word with you. i would much rather have invigorating then either of those. and inpen in pve.

And now compare it to actual useful traits.
  • Krayl
    Krayl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    iMpen.