The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Best PVP bow sets?

SummerHyme
SummerHyme
✭✭
Hello, I'm currently gearing up one of my characters, a bosmer nightblade, for some PVP action. I would like to know which sets would be best for her.

I was thinking either:

- Marksman + Hawk's Eye
- Marksman + Morag's Tong

I have no idea which or those two is best. I'm also open to other suggestions, maybe Hunding's, or Clever Alchemist? I would love to have your opinion :)
  • russelmmendoza
    russelmmendoza
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you wanna bowgank but its squishy.
    Marksman 5pcs.
    Hawkeyes 5pcs.
    Asylum bow front.
    Generic 2h. (For rally)
    Go like this.
    Rally. Relentless focus. Piercing mark. Bombard. Poison injection. Lethal arrow. Draining shot. Lethal arrow.
    Hope that helps.
    Hail! Sithis!!!
  • Brutusmax1mus
    Brutusmax1mus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Spriggans + hawks eye
  • Solariken
    Solariken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I like these combos:

Bone Pirate + Spriggan
    Marksman + Battlefield Acrobat (more 1vX friendly)

Marksman + Morag Tong is ideal ONLY if you also plan to use double-DOT poison.

Blood Spawn is probably top choice for monster. Could also go with 1 Domihaus and 1 Velidreth. Balorgh with Ballista would be super nasty though.

• Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i like this thread, good infos.
    thanx dudes.
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why in the world does it seem like most new players are so keen on snipe builds? They pretty much only gear you to do one thing, snipe gank and Xv1. If you get caught you’re pretty much dead or have to sneak off into the shadows.
  • Ramber
    Ramber
    ✭✭✭✭
    yeah in pvp Bone Pirate is a must unless your gonna not dodge roll ever.
  • robpr
    robpr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Poisonous Serpent is also nice - flat damage after enemy hit with Poison Injection with light attacks.
  • Tryxus
    Tryxus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There's also Sheer Venom, which works with Poison Injection. Back when I had a Stam DK, I combined that with Skoria + Morag Tong

Incredibly squishy, but fun :)
    "The Oak's Promise: stand strong, stay true, and shelter all"
    Tryxus of the Undying Song - Warden - PC/EU/DC
  • ZarkingFrued
    ZarkingFrued
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah they're called, "Armor of Delete Your Account", and, "Have No Skill? Slot Snipe and Hide Arms"
  • Lord_Sando
    Lord_Sando
    ✭✭✭
    If you wanna bowgank but its squishy.
    Marksman 5pcs.
    Hawkeyes 5pcs.
    Asylum bow front.
    Generic 2h. (For rally)
    Go like this.
    Rally. Relentless focus. Piercing mark.I find you and kill you Bombard. Poison injection. Lethal arrow. Draining shot. Lethal arrow. Death
    Hope that helps.
    Hail! Sithis!!!

hope this helps
  • Zeromaz
    Zeromaz
    ✭✭✭✭
    People so mad cause they bad at the bow. Such a deep seeded hate for this weapon because everyone believes its so easy to pull off. If you honestly believe that, you’d all be doing it too. This is the laziest gaming community that gravitates to the least effort for the highest return. The dawnbreaker steel tornado meta reinforces this statement. Its mindless and doesn’t even require a target, but very effective. Doesn’t require the thought of when an execute needs to be triggered. The skill does the thinking for ‘em.

Go ahead badasses. Try the bow and when you’ve had enough of getting worked over, do us all a favor and go back to your heavy armor bleed setup
    Edited by Zeromaz on December 4, 2018 7:03PM
  • kojou
    kojou
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I run Hawk Eye, Spriggan, 1 Kena, 1 Velidreth, and backbar a Master battle axe.

The master battle axe is great when you get in a melee situation and easier to hit than Suprise Attack.
    Playing since beta...
  • Stigant
    Stigant
    ✭✭✭✭
    Zeromaz wrote: »
    People so mad cause they bad at the bow. Such a deep seeded hate for this weapon because everyone believes its so easy to pull off. If you honestly believe that, you’d all be doing it too. This is the laziest gaming community that gravitates to the least effort for the highest return. The dawnbreaker steel tornado meta reinforces this statement. Its mindless and doesn’t even require a target, but very effective. Doesn’t require the thought of when an execute needs to be triggered. The skill does the thinking for ‘em.

Go ahead badasses. Try the bow and when you’ve had enough of getting worked over, do us all a favor and go back to your heavy armor bleed setup

No we would not, cause some of us don't find it much entertaining to snipe from sneak than queue another snipe and back into cloak in attempt to IK someone... than rinse and repeat or die trying to run away if actually confronted in combat.

I don't hate on that playstyle, I understand some people like to play like that. I myself used to run a high burst bow build for couple of weeks quite successfully, but grew bored of that playstyle. Cause it was actually just that... the least effort for highest return.

And yes, it is quite easy to pull off the combo, approximately as hard as lining up subterranean + DBoS + Tornado. Except that you only target single target from range instead of going toe to toe with someone.

The problem with facing bow build, imho, is all those bugs and issues on the receiving side not that bow is too strong by itself. Problem is snipes desyncing healthbar, snipes landing within 1 second from the same source even tho snipe has more that 1 s cast time, problems with braking free from scattershot is broken and more often than not results in unbreakable stun or delayed breakfree, that a lot of bow users abuse since it was given full range... those are issues in desperate need of fix for last couple of months.
    Edited by Stigant on December 4, 2018 7:53PM
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

all truth.
    well said.
  • Zeromaz
    Zeromaz
    ✭✭✭✭
    Stigant wrote: »

No we would not, cause some of us don't find it much entertaining to snipe from sneak than queue another snipe and back into cloak in attempt to IK someone... than rinse and repeat or die trying to run away if actually confronted in combat.

I don't hate on that playstyle, I understand some people like to play like that. I myself used to run a high burst bow build for couple of weeks quite successfully, but grew bored of that playstyle. Cause it was actually just that... the least effort for highest return.

And yes, it is quite easy to pull off the combo, approximately as hard as lining up subterranean + DBoS + Tornado. Except that you only target single target from range instead of going toe to toe with someone.

The problem with facing bow build, imho, is all those bugs and issues on the receiving side not that bow is too strong by itself. Problem is snipes desyncing healthbar, snipes landing within 1 second from the same source even tho snipe has more that 1 s cast time, problems with braking free from scattershot is broken and more often than not results in unbreakable stun or delayed breakfree, that a lot of bow users abuse since it was given full range... those are issues in desperate need of fix for last couple of months.

I’ll agree the health desync stuff is complete BS. Keep in mind, bow users have no way if intentionally causing this. It isn’t their fault. Why is the witch hunt against bow users and not against ZOS’ business model, or rather, the lack of?
  • Stigant
    Stigant
    ✭✭✭✭
    Stigant wrote: »

I’ll agree the health desync stuff is complete BS. Keep in mind, bow users have no way if intentionally causing this. It isn’t their fault. Why is the witch hunt against bow users and not against ZOS’ business model, or rather, the lack of?

Because there are, as in other MMOs, players that just go and abuse those issues and bugs to take advantage of that.
    I 've met players openly admitting to using Draining Shot just because it has a chance to bug out and get the target stunned long enough to give them time window to kill without getting countered. When I asked how exactly does it works most of them don't even know, they just know it works and gives them easy kill opportunity.
    That's why other players tend to hate on bow users... in the end it's ZoSs job to get the game working, I agree on that, but it still gets quite aggravating to have to face people that can win just by abusing broken mechanic and that say: "yes I know, that's why I do it."
  • pdebie64b16_ESO
    pdebie64b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Currently running a more snipe/brawler bow build, 5x Marksman, 5x Sheer venom, Asylium bow front, Blackrose bow back, Morag Tong/Sheer Venom works as well but sustain can be an issue.

BTW for the snipe haters did you know PvP Archers are one of the easiest targets to kill?
  • rumple9
    rumple9
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What do people think of maelstrom bow on front bar with marksman, 3 agility pieces and dual wield back bar for flying blade which grants major brutality 20% weapon damage for 20 seconds.

No point running 2 five piece sets if using a maelstrom bow

Views please
  • Zeromaz
    Zeromaz
    ✭✭✭✭
    rumple9 wrote: »
    What do people think of maelstrom bow on front bar with marksman, 3 agility pieces and dual wield back bar for flying blade which grants major brutality 20% weapon damage for 20 seconds.

No point running 2 five piece sets if using a maelstrom bow

Views please

Maelstrom bow is so-so for BGs but you’d be better off slotting Blackrose or Master bow. I’d also take another 5 piece set over a monster set but i’m certain others would disagree with that
  • Curtdogg47
    Curtdogg47
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sets I like for my bow build

TBS, Spriggians, Marksman, Hawkeyes, Hundings Rage, Drugar Hulk, Archers Mind.

Tend to swap around between different combos of these.
  • IlCanis_LupuslI
    IlCanis_LupuslI
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HDMjuAlfB5U&app=desktop
    Still works after 2 yrs I would change cp used it last patch for 1h before I got bored of it banged out 1 guy with a 25k lethal arrow... I can't believe they haven't nerfed it yet its so broken...
    Cp 1490
    Xbox-EU-AD
    Khajiit Night blade Healer(BiS for cuteness)-Flawless Conquerer Grand Overlord
    Khajiit Stamsorc Werewolf, Flawless Conquerer (1st attempt ww form during the entire dungeon) main
    Khajiit(Master Race) Templar Healer, Flawless Conquerer
    Khajiit Stam dk, Flawless conquerer, 2nd attempt
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCQhCmVHwZioVyTEDberxGtA?view_as=public
    Werewolf Veteran player, Since Wrathstone-DLC "Raid-Wolf", 50k dps with fracture, Pvp Healer.
  • IlCanis_LupuslI
    IlCanis_LupuslI
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just use the psyjiic ability instead of mage light
    Cp 1490
    Xbox-EU-AD
    Khajiit Night blade Healer(BiS for cuteness)-Flawless Conquerer Grand Overlord
    Khajiit Stamsorc Werewolf, Flawless Conquerer (1st attempt ww form during the entire dungeon) main
    Khajiit(Master Race) Templar Healer, Flawless Conquerer
    Khajiit Stam dk, Flawless conquerer, 2nd attempt
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCQhCmVHwZioVyTEDberxGtA?view_as=public
    Werewolf Veteran player, Since Wrathstone-DLC "Raid-Wolf", 50k dps with fracture, Pvp Healer.
  • Lab3360
    Lab3360
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Thank you my friend.
    What they are really saying is the build is effective and they hate being killed by it.

Hurt feelings. Pvpers I swear are the worse crybabies. Same thing happened in DCUO.
    "If I an weak against a class, I ask for dev intervention and call for nerf.

These types make a game bad.
  • exeeter702
    exeeter702
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Lab3360 wrote: »

Thank you my friend.
    What they are really saying is the build is effective and they hate being killed by it.

Hurt feelings. Pvpers I swear are the worse crybabies. Same thing happened in DCUO.

Its only partially that. Too many people automatically associate bow builds with being snipe spam builds, wich is grossly inaccurate. Warden bow builds can very much make a non snipe setup work and the its not easy.

I wouldnt pay it any mind personally. This is a game where the playerbase demands every aspect of player power come from player input instead of playing around procs and simultaneously shut their mouths when steel tornado spamming is perfectly just because you have to press a button despite requiring no target or coordination. Its fine because you are right there in the thick of a fight therefore its "skill" but when you are virtually doing the exact same thing (hammering on a button with a gear/build setup to bolster said button) from 28m away its "cheese and pathetic".
    Edited by exeeter702 on February 17, 2019 12:50AM
  • twofaced
    twofaced
    ✭✭✭
    btw does Asylum bow works on a backbar? Does snipe being on frontbar hit harder?
  • Aurielle
    Aurielle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    exeeter702 wrote: »
    Lab3360 wrote: »

Thank you my friend.

Its only partially that. Too many people automatically associate bow builds with being snipe spam builds, wich is grossly inaccurate. Warden bow builds can very much make a non snipe setup work and the its not easy.

Snipe-less stamNB builds are possible too. To introduce some more variety in my builds (I’m planning on making a mag necromancer, which would have left me with four mag builds and only two stambuilds), I reinvented my magNB as a stamNB. I mostly do BGs, so I built the character with that in mind. I run 5 Spriggans, 5 Marksman, 1 Kena, 1 Domihaus (or 2 BS, if I need more defence). 5 impen, 2 well-fitted. Front bar is Poison Injec, Bombard, Crushing Weapon, Relentless, Cloak, Ballista, back bar is Rally, Piercing Mark, Shuffle, Leeching, Vigor, and Soul Siphon. I play mid-range to support my team, and use cloak sparingly to ensure they’re not taking more damage than they should. The key is to lull players into a false sense of security until you have your Merciless proc up, then hit them with Bombard > LA > Cloak > Relentless > LA > Poison Injection. Finish off with Ballista if that burst combo doesn’t do the job. It’s a fairly durable build that will help you support your team better than the average bow gank build, and it’s still capable of dishing out high damage without relying on buggy skills. I usually have one of the highest scores, and sonetimes even have THE highest score — which feels pretty good, given that it’s an unorthodox NB build. It’s difficult to pull off, but it’s fun and I don’t feel guilty (like I did the one and only time I tried Snipe).
    Edited by Aurielle on February 18, 2019 1:21AM
  • NyassaV
    NyassaV
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    How about just use shackle and bone pirate.
    Flawless Conqueror ~ Grand Overlord
    She/Her ~ PC/NA | I record things for fun and for info
  • Narvuntien
    Narvuntien
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I use Clever Alchemist and Spriggans. Yeah, Clever Alchemist means you need to start combat before getting the buff but you typically don't get the kill with the first hit.
  • tunepunk
    tunepunk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    While using bow when doing BG's I usually get a lot of assists and people steal a lot of kills from me. Maybe because Bow lacking in the exacute department. Snipe, I don't really use as it doesn't really help either, as it's too slow. Enemy is often dead by the time arrow arrives.

I havn't tried this setup yet, but something I'm going to experiment with is:

Kvatch gladiator bow and bloodthirsty jewlery for some LA exacutes.

Will be fun to try to see if it will get me any more kills with that setup. Get tons of points for assists, but not so many kills.