Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

VoIP in ESO

SmithNL
SmithNL
✭✭
Hello peeps

Just wanted to start a discussion about VoIP in ESO. Personally I don't really need it because we use TS3, but for new players who don't have a community yet it really helps.

Besides ESO I mainly play on Arma and DayZ. VoIP works really well on those games. Do you think it should be included in the game? Keep in mind that that is the only way people on consoles can communicate!

Smith
I live for science!
  • lePoissonRouge
    lePoissonRouge
    ✭✭✭
    Yes I think it should be included in the game, especially since my Overwolf thing doesn't appear in game for some reason O_o Also I find it to be a lot less of a hassle to get set up.
  • Ragnar_Lodbrok
    Ragnar_Lodbrok
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No for the simple reason as it is just something that will cause the game to get laggy due to the extra stresses on the server.
  • Raif
    Raif
    ✭✭✭
    Yes I think it should be included in the game, especially since my Overwolf thing doesn't appear in game for some reason O_o Also I find it to be a lot less of a hassle to get set up.

It doesn't appear because it is currently not supported. You can check out our supported games list for the full list of games we do support.

We will be releasing support for ESO very soon.
    Overwolf Community Manager - Here to help in any way =)
    www.Overwolf.com
  • Shimond
    Shimond
    ✭✭✭✭
    I've never seen it done very well as part of the core game in other MMOs, so I wouldn't suggest they waste developer time/money on it myself.
  • SmithNL
    SmithNL
    ✭✭
    It will be in the xbox/ps version
    I live for science!
  • Eris
    Eris
    ✭✭✭✭
    I've found in the games that support it, if I ask about using it people tell me to get TS or vent. The odd exception to this is DDO where more people seem to use the built voice.
    Side effects of reading messages on forums can cause nausea, head aches, spontaneous fits of rage, urination due to intense laughter, and sometimes the death of your monitor or other object in throwing range. If you find that you are reading forums more than 24 hours a day, please consult your nearest temporal physicist.