The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Question on NB stealth

LovesLost13
Question is more towards the Dark cloak and shadow cloak ability. I used this a long time ago ( roughly when morrowind just came out) and I could just spam it and never be caught by Npcs if I ever wanted to get by some.. but recently just started playing Nightblade. Now no matter what I am just instantly seen as soon I use it once even if I am a pretty good distance away from an enemy.. by spam I do mean no real break using it so there shouldn't be a gap in time where I am not stealthed. Were these changed/nerfed to hell against Npcs? Cause its getting annoying to the point where now I see the only point of the ability for is in middle of combat which you know.. Ruins the point of a stealthy Nightblade gameplay.
  • susmitds
    susmitds
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dark Cloak is a Heal now.
  • LovesLost13
    susmitds wrote: »

So does it just not actually do stealth anymore?
  • BlueRaven
    BlueRaven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah they changed it depending on the morph;

(I may be wrong, but these should be up to date.)

Dark Cloak: Cloak yourself in shadow to heal yourself for 32% of your max Health over 3 seconds and gain Minor Protection, reducing your damage taken by 8% for 3 seconds.
    Heals you and grants reduced damage taken instead of invisibility.

Or the other version of the morph which is;

Shadowy Disguise: Cloak yourself in shadow to become invisible for 2.5 seconds.
    Your next attack within 3 seconds will always be a Critical Strike.
    Guarantees a Critical Strike on your next attack.
  • macsmooth
    macsmooth
    ✭✭✭✭

No stealth on dark cloak just a health based heal
  • LovesLost13
    That would explain alot Thank you very much been using dark cloak and was about to throw biscuits
  • Cundu_Ertur
    Cundu_Ertur
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Heal and 8% damage reduction.
    Taking stealth away from the Bosmer is like taking magic away from the Altmer, making Nords allergic to mead, or making Orcs pretty.