Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [EXTENDED] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Help me to understand one thing about Argonian food...

myskyrim26
myskyrim26
✭✭✭✭✭
Jotep-Liurz, an Argonian from the Bright-Throats says as follows:

"Mmm. The bonding season feasts are always sumptuous, but if you think brined leeches are delicious the first time, try regurgitating them from your crop in a few hours.
They are proof the Hist love us."

Ok. Brined is a way of cooking with salt - I understand this part. Now, leeches - emm... it is not a fish, right? It is a blood-sucking creature used for medical purposes in real world, right? Next part is totally omnious for me: but if you think... are delicious the first time, try regurgitating them from your crop in a few hours. So, one eats a brined leech, it seems tasty, but one needs to vomit it later? For...what?... I have a very weird guess and I hope I'm wrong just because English is not my native...
Edited by myskyrim26 on February 15, 2019 9:29PM
  • Claudman
    Claudman
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It seems all the tribes have different and particularly peculiar diets (I would personally guess that the Naga-Kur are meat-eaters as they are warriors), but grubs and insects seem to be quite popular as seen in Murkmire's dishes.
    Welcome, Moon-and-Star, to this place where destiny is made.

I play healers or DPS often for vet dungeons and trials (NA, CP810+). I play mostly elves or Argonians.
    I primarily play Damage-Based stuff in PvP, but occasionally I'll play something tanky or got the heals.
    I also love gaining more knowledge both metaphysical and mundane regarding TES lore.

I also occasionally role-play, but I prefer playing the game.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The crop in birds is a part of their esophagus used to store food prior to digestion. Some species will reguritate food from the crop to feed their chicks.

So I'd guess this is something similar.