Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Read werewolf skills for 1st time

Bosco916
Bosco916
✭✭✭
There's no if, and, or but...werewolf is op. I've been a vampire since 2014...never had any desire to look at werewolves. Vampire tree is garbage compared to what just became known to me after reading werewolf tree.

Vampire tree is joke compared to werewolf tree. WHAT GIVES.
"How DARE you betray me, Tharn!
Your suffering shall be LEGENDRY!"
--The King of Worms
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    giphy.gif

i've played werewolves for about 3 years and vampires for a couple of years...couple of different things to consider - are we talking skill effectiveness in pve or pvp - or, just generally fun gameplay and role playing...

mist and bat swarm are pretty effective skills in their own right (pvp wise at least)...i had a blast with drain essence when i first started out vampiring...the undeath passive coupled with some other skills/gear can make you near unkillable...

no doubt though - turning in to a savage werewolf and ravaging folks is pretty hard to beat (fun wise)...
    Edited by geonsocal on February 17, 2019 4:51AM
    PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place
  • ZaroktheImmortal
    ZaroktheImmortal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Playing a rampaging werewolf looks fun but is it actually viable? I've heard negatives in regards to werewolves and some of the issues are that things on the werewolf skill tree only work when in werewolf form and I've heard that other abilities don't work when in that form. I've seen a fair few posts of them not being that good when it comes to actually playing them which is what has put me off playing them.
  • Bosco916
    Bosco916
    ✭✭✭
    geonsocal wrote: »
    giphy.gif

i've played a werewolves for about 3 years and vampires for a couple of years...couple of different things to consider - are we talking skill effectiveness in pve or pvp - or, just generally fun gameplay and role playing...

mist and bat swarm are pretty effective skills in their own right (pvp wise at least)...i had a blast with drain essence when i first started out vampiring...the undeath passive coupled with some other skills/gear can make you near unkillable...

no doubt though - turning in to a savage werewolf and ravaging folks is pretty hard to beat (fun wise)...

Oh don't get me wrong, I utilize the mess out of the abilities available for vampires. And, RPing vampires is a treasure. However, my beef--after reading the Werewolf tree-- is that sooo much more is available to werewolf. Why do they get like 5 extra abilities and we only get 2? Their ulti lasts virtually forever, and ours lasts 5 secs. Again, what gives?
    --The King of Worms
  • max_only
    max_only
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That’s why so many people are Werewolf for the passives....... oh wait.
    #FiteForYourRite Bosmer = Stealth
    #OppositeResourceSiphoningAttacks
    || CP 1000+ || PC/NA || GUILDS: LWH; IA; CH; XA
    ""All gods' creatures (you lot) are equal when covered in A1 sauce"" -- Old Bosmeri Wisdom
  • Toc de Malsvi
    Toc de Malsvi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bosco916 wrote: »
    giphy.gif

i've played a werewolves for about 3 years and vampires for a couple of years...couple of different things to consider - are we talking skill effectiveness in pve or pvp - or, just generally fun gameplay and role playing...

Oh don't get me wrong, I utilize the mess out of the abilities available for vampires. And, RPing vampires is a treasure. However, my beef--after reading the Werewolf tree-- is that sooo much more is available to werewolf. Why do they get like 5 extra abilities and we only get 2? Their ulti lasts virtually forever, and ours lasts 5 secs. Again, what gives?

Because they only get their passives/skills in werewolf form. Where as Vampires can use their passives as additional bonuses to their normal builds.

I can agree that Werewolves are super strong, but its not without some drawbacks.
    Legendary Archer of Valenwood
    Bosmer Dragon Knight Archer. XBox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Bosmer Nightblade Archer. Xbox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Bosmer Sorcerer Archer. Xbox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Bosmer Warden Archer. Xbox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Templar's are evil..
  • Bosco916
    Bosco916
    ✭✭✭
    Not to mention, I also read that werewolves have an ability that grants 10000 resistances...the transforming alone increases max stam 30%...light attacks apply bleeds...they basically have a green dragonblood ability...a great many fearing cc's...etc etc the list goes on.
    --The King of Worms
  • Seraphayel
    Seraphayel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Werewolves just have too much of everything. Bleeds, poison, self heal, CC and crazy light attacks. It's just too much and all of that at the same time.

I think tuning down their light attacks would be the easiest "fix".
    Edited by Seraphayel on February 16, 2019 1:08AM
    PS5
    EU
    Aldmeri Dominion
    - Khajiit Arcanist -
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Playing a rampaging werewolf looks fun but is it actually viable? I've heard negatives in regards to werewolves and some of the issues are that things on the werewolf skill tree only work when in werewolf form and I've heard that other abilities don't work when in that form. I've seen a fair few posts of them not being that good when it comes to actually playing them which is what has put me off playing them.
    when i was just starting out in the game - i needed to use that werewolf ultimate just to complete some of the tougher overland and quest fights...
    giphy.gif

we did have some changes last year to how the werewolf functions - hopefully zos will re-look the vampire skill line...

(cyrodiil) pvp wise anyway - turning in to a werewolf paints a huge target on your back during large scale fights - fortunately - a werewolf has a pretty large back :)

i've had the most fun in cyro using a werewolf on tank characters...
    Edited by geonsocal on February 16, 2019 1:11AM
    PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place
  • notyuu
    notyuu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    yes werewolf is power, but the key thing to remember is that werewolf is ALL about the form, srsly..outside the form we get +15% stam regen from having the ult slotted...and that's it

In the form however we take 25% more poison damage, stamina regen is no, you're limited to melee and most importantly the form is on a tight time limit, which can only be increased by either go nut *** crazy with attacking [even then it's hard to have the timer be a net gain] or by leaving ourselves open to eat something, combined with the innately high cost of ww ult [400 down to 300 as you rank it] it kinda makes scene that it would be powerful.

Plus up until wolfhunter werewolves were...a joke, in pvp they would implode and die and in PvE they were a net dps loss across the board.
  • Bosco916
    Bosco916
    ✭✭✭
    I think
    notyuu wrote: »
    yes werewolf is power, but the key thing to remember is that werewolf is ALL about the form, srsly..outside the form we get +15% stam regen from having the ult slotted...and that's it

In the form however we take 25% more poison damage, stamina regen is no, you're limited to melee and most importantly the form is on a tight time limit, which can only be increased by either go nut *** crazy with attacking [even then it's hard to have the timer be a net gain] or by leaving ourselves open to eat something, combined with the innately high cost of ww ult [400 down to 300 as you rank it] it kinda makes scene that it would be powerful.

Plus up until wolfhunter werewolves were...a joke, in pvp they would implode and die and in PvE they were a net dps loss across the board.

This isn't a "Nerf WWs" thread, just clarifying. It's more of a call for balance. I am not against ww being strong, but vamp tree is very underwhelming when compared.
    --The King of Worms
  • Bosco916
    Bosco916
    ✭✭✭
    We want vamp lord transform!
    --The King of Worms
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I absolutely hated their look in skyrim (seriously creeped me out), but, it would be cool to get some look other than severe anemia...
  • ZaroktheImmortal
    ZaroktheImmortal
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I absolutely hated their look in skyrim (seriously creeped me out), but, it would be cool to get some look other than severe anemia...

I actually liked the way vampire lords looked but I like spooky things.
  • Mr_Wolfe
    Mr_Wolfe
    ✭✭✭
    @Bosco916 Instead of just looking over the skill line, try playing a werewolf for a while and see what you think. It's a very different experience/playstyle than vampire, and hard to evaluate without seeing how it works in practice.
  • Bosco916
    Bosco916
    ✭✭✭
    Oh trust me, I'm gonna play one for sure. One of last three trophies I need for platinum lol. (Master angler and emperor too).
    --The King of Worms
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    max_only wrote: »
    That’s why so many people are Werewolf for the passives....... oh wait.

Back in the day, they were. I've still got a couple characters that were turned into wolves for the +15% stam regen. Then they changed both so you had to have an ability slotted to gain that buff (specifically the transform for a wolf, any one for a vampire), then they changed vampires again. But, we're talking over four years ago.
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    when i was just starting out in the game - i needed to use that werewolf ultimate just to complete some of the tougher overland and quest fights...
    giphy.gif

we did have some changes last year to how the werewolf functions - hopefully zos will re-look the vampire skill line...

(cyrodiil) pvp wise anyway - turning in to a werewolf paints a huge target on your back during large scale fights - fortunately - a werewolf has a pretty large back :)

Tank wolves are an absolute nightmare to deal with. In PvP, they pick up reasonable leathality, and pair it with absurd sponginess. It's revolting. In PvE, they actively sabotage their own group, fearing mobs out of AoEs, dropping taunt, and they're usually beefy enough to survive no matter how badly they screw up. So the healer can't, "suggest they calm the **** down," by refusing to give them heals and resources.

If you do find yourself facing a werewolf in PvP, your best bet is to lethal arrow their ***, then poison inject them. The big hit is defile. You need to keep that up, while you burn them. Oblivion or bleed damage isn't a bad idea, because they can easily be running well over resistance caps.
  • ccfeeling
    ccfeeling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Zos revamped WW last year, and yes they finally can do something.

I think u never play WW before, have you see WW in PVE in the past few years?

Vampire passives are cool and can be controlled.
    Edited by ccfeeling on February 16, 2019 6:46AM
  • Qbiken
    Qbiken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Seraphayel wrote: »
    Werewolves just have too much of everything. Bleeds, poison, self heal, CC and crazy light attacks. It's just too much and all of that at the same time.

I think tuning down their light attacks would be the easiest "fix".

You do realise that werewolf´s light attack damage got reduced in Summerset, while everyone else got a damage boost? In Wolfhunter werewolfs lost even more damage when they removed the unique damage boost you used to gain from Hircine´s Rage. So werewolf has lost damage over the last few patches, in return they got improved defensive tools. So werewolfs doesn´t need even more of a damage nerf.
  • IlCanis_LupuslI
    IlCanis_LupuslI
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    giphy.gif

Tank wolves are an absolute nightmare to deal with. In PvP, they pick up reasonable leathality, and pair it with absurd sponginess. It's revolting. In PvE, they actively sabotage their own group, fearing mobs out of AoEs, dropping taunt, and they're usually beefy enough to survive no matter how badly they screw up. So the healer can't, "suggest they calm the **** down," by refusing to give them heals and resources.

If you do find yourself facing a werewolf in PvP, your best bet is to lethal arrow their ***, then poison inject them. The big hit is defile. You need to keep that up, while you burn them. Oblivion or bleed damage isn't a bad idea, because they can easily be running well over resistance caps.

lmao if you think a lethal arrow and pi will worry a werewolf in a 1vs1 you probably werent fighting experienced ww´s. And a tank ww does more damage then a tank human but not enough to worry any player who isnt afk or knows how to heal himself. And compared to the real "cheese builds" out there, ww looks like a small puppy. Stop blaming loosing a 1vs1 on "overpowered" builds guys. It just makes you look stupid. Accept the loss, get better, learn how to counter that build and remember it next time you´r in a fight with 1.
    Edited by IlCanis_LupuslI on February 16, 2019 10:04AM
    Cp 1490
    Xbox-EU-AD
    Khajiit Night blade Healer(BiS for cuteness)-Flawless Conquerer Grand Overlord
    Khajiit Stamsorc Werewolf, Flawless Conquerer (1st attempt ww form during the entire dungeon) main
    Khajiit(Master Race) Templar Healer, Flawless Conquerer
    Khajiit Stam dk, Flawless conquerer, 2nd attempt
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCQhCmVHwZioVyTEDberxGtA?view_as=public
    Werewolf Veteran player, Since Wrathstone-DLC "Raid-Wolf", 50k dps with fracture, Pvp Healer.
  • sionIV
    sionIV
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think
    notyuu wrote: »

This isn't a "Nerf WWs" thread, just clarifying. It's more of a call for balance. I am not against ww being strong, but vamp tree is very underwhelming when compared.

How come that there are so many vampires running around, and so few werewolves? If the Vampire tree was so underwhelming, why are so many people using it? If the Werewolf is so strong, why don't we see more of them? I'll explain it to you.

Vampire is much more beneficial than werewolf, and werewolves aren't overpowered.
  • Verbal_Earthworm
    Verbal_Earthworm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You read a thing and compared it to another thing that you have known for years?

thanks for editing my post ZOS now it makes total sense

"edited for non-constructive comment"? then you have a lot of editing to do on this forum, crack on!

Edited by Verbal_Earthworm on February 19, 2019 3:39PM
  • Red_Feather
    Red_Feather
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I heard werewolf's can summon jets that turn into robots. :o
  • mairwen85
    mairwen85
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    If geared and configured correctly, for Pve Werewolves have a super simple light attack only rotation that is easy mode for 45k+ dps... Its cheesey but functional and effective, especially with more in a group. Boring af, but effective. In pvp, I have no trouble 1 on 1 with a ww.

• starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    lmao if you think a lethal arrow and pi will worry a werewolf in a 1vs1 you probably werent fighting experienced ww´s.

Wow, so many things wrong with this. I've been playing werewolves since before you joined the game. You'd be shocked by how many werewolves really don't know what they're doing. And, yes, maintaining major defile along with some minor pressure is more than enough to crumble most wolves you'll run into in BGs or Cyrodiil. Also, generally speaking, if you're going 1v1 and using lethal arrow, mistakes were already made, doesn't matter if you're fighting a wolf or not. As with many other elements of the game, this is skill based, but from practice and creative building, I can melt wolves in several amusing ways. In BGs or in Cyrodiil, when the wolf is paying attention elsewhere, lethal arrow along with some minor pressure will get the job done.
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I heard werewolf's can summon jets that turn into robots. :o

No, those are forum trolls. They never seem to actually do it, though, but they do post about doing it on the forums a lot. Usually I just find them congregating in Direfrost, waiting for a party to wander past, so they can show off their neat floor licking skills.
  • macsmooth
    macsmooth
    ✭✭✭✭
    Is this a nerf werewolves because they share the same competitiveness as vampires now and vampires want to have the limelight all to themselves again

Werewolf’s only have their passives when in the form and they loose all their class passives while in that form and they can only rely on five skills really to keep them alive or sets and werewolf is technically an ultimate

Vampires have all their passives depending on stage of course and class passives at the same time permanently and they have some good skills to, one of those skills that is annoyingly mobile and a damage reduction as well

They both have their weaknesses poisons fire and fighters guild and it’s not like you don’t see that damage in PvP
    Edited by macsmooth on February 16, 2019 2:14PM
  • Qbiken
    Qbiken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    lmao if you think a lethal arrow and pi will worry a werewolf in a 1vs1 you probably werent fighting experienced ww´s.

Wow, so many things wrong with this. I've been playing werewolves since before you joined the game. You'd be shocked by how many werewolves really don't know what they're doing. And, yes, maintaining major defile along with some minor pressure is more than enough to crumble most wolves you'll run into in BGs or Cyrodiil. Also, generally speaking, if you're going 1v1 and using lethal arrow, mistakes were already made, doesn't matter if you're fighting a wolf or not. As with many other elements of the game, this is skill based, but from practice and creative building, I can melt wolves in several amusing ways. In BGs or in Cyrodiil, when the wolf is paying attention elsewhere, lethal arrow along with some minor pressure will get the job done.

If you consider snipe spamming on an afk/un-aware werewolf as a valid counter I´ve no words really....
    Edited by Qbiken on February 16, 2019 2:09PM
  • Pevey
    Pevey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Werewolves are fine, NO MORE NERFS. If they were truly OP, literally everyone would be a werewolf.
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Qbiken wrote: »

If you consider snipe spamming on an afk/un-aware werewolf as a valid counter I´ve no words really....

So you consider, once every 9 or 10 seconds spamming? I start to see where you could be having some issues.