The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

DC stop ddos EU Vivec please

VioletVience
VioletVience
✭✭✭
In primetime i have ~3s delay
Please fix it
  • redspecter23
    redspecter23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's a mighty huge accusation there. Have some proof to back that up? Or just feely feels?
  • Inaya1
    Inaya1
    ✭✭✭
    It is impossible to play. Delays are terrible. At some points, the game crashed or throws out the menu or the game just hangs for 5-6 seconds.

If Vivec and etc. pvp servers can't stand players now, then I am sure that during the Midyear event, the servers will simply break down and stop working.
  • VioletVience
    VioletVience
    ✭✭✭
    Have some proof to back that up??

Yes, 60+ DC enable "3-4s autolag mode" for everyone on Vivec.
    1. Stay up around Fare at 10PM GMT+3
    2. ddos activated succefuly
    Edited by VioletVience on January 3, 2019 10:55PM
  • Datthaw
    Datthaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Same of pc na with aotp logs on. They win by just lagging people out until no one fights them.

But on the real though zos doesn't give a *** *** about this game, they are completely incompetent, just do what everyone else does. Quit.

I'm probably on the way out the door myself because I can't play a game the developers don't care about
  • VagabondAngel
    VagabondAngel
    ✭✭✭✭
    That's a mighty huge accusation there. Have some proof to back that up? Or just feely feels?
    Are you suggesting that stacking the entire faction population at one keep + the inevitable attempt at defence has has no adverse affect on performance? Any evidence or just feely feels?
    ~ Níamh ~
    ~ Ebonheart Pact ~

~ SatGNU - PC - EU ~
  • Kadoin
    Kadoin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    :D
  • Ahtu
    Ahtu
    ✭✭✭✭
    If you don't like it, then defend Roe and destroy the milegate in order to prevent the DC zerg from stacking at Fare with the inevitable EP zerg.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Are you suggesting that stacking the entire faction population at one keep + the inevitable attempt at defence has has no adverse affect on performance? Any evidence or just feely feels?

Of course it has an impact on performance.

But its not a DDOS.

Its a bunch of players playing Cyrodiil exactly as intended.

Its intended play for lots of players to be able to attack/defend keeps, especially if the keep is an important objective like the last emperor keep or holds a scroll.

So its silly to accuse people of DDOSing the enemy (unless there's actual proof) when in fact they are playing the game as intended. Even though playing as intended has an impact on performance because ZOS can't/wont fix Cyrodiil.

The actual problem is that Cyrodiil can't handle a lot of people playing AvAvA in the same place as intended. That's on ZOS.
    Edited by VaranisArano on January 8, 2019 5:47PM
  • Princess_Ciri
    Princess_Ciri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just because DC in Vivec are so bad at the game they can't win fights unless they outnumber people 80 vs 20 doesn't mean they're ddosing. It just means they zerg harder than the other alliances.
    GM and raid leader of Hot Girls Play DPS, the cutest guild EU
  • VagabondAngel
    VagabondAngel
    ✭✭✭✭
    But its not a DDOS.
    Playing devil's advocate, since I largely agree with you.... technically it is a DDOS since the number of calculations being requested of the server is more than it can handle resulting freezes and disconnections for many. Since this has long been common knowledge, wilfully taking part in such actions could be interpreted as intent.

It has also been, in the past, not unknown for certain ball groups/guilds to collectively cause such a situation intentionally in the hope of causing mass disconnections/server crashes.

I'm not implying malicious intent but its certainly not such a wild accusation as you suggest. :)

~ Níamh ~
    ~ Ebonheart Pact ~

~ SatGNU - PC - EU ~
  • redspecter23
    redspecter23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Of course it has an impact on performance.

But its not a DDOS.

Its a bunch of players playing Cyrodiil exactly as intended.

Its intended play for lots of players to be able to attack/defend keeps, especially if the keep is an important objective like the last emperor keep or holds a scroll.

So its silly to accuse people of DDOSing the enemy (unless there's actual proof) when in fact they are playing the game as intended. Even though playing as intended has an impact on performance because ZOS can't/wont fix Cyrodiil.

The actual problem is that Cyrodiil can't handle a lot of people playing AvAvA in the same place as intended. That's on ZOS.

Thank you for explaining it the way I should have.

DDOS is not the same as playing the game as intended with horrible consequences.
  • Slack
    Slack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Show us where the smurf touched you
    PC EU
    Betty Breeze - Magwarden
    Hunts S'hitblades - Stamplar
    Aschavi - Magplar
  • Komputerheld
    Komputerheld
    ✭✭✭
    Of course, these lags are DC´s fault..., attacking in big groups strategic important castles to win the campaign.
    I would say, it´s just poor server performance.
    If its a problem for other fractions, just go away from keeps, when DC attacs ... :D
  • Gariele
    Gariele
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zerg2Win
    PC/EU
    Winter Rose Autumn Rose Summer Rose Pacific Rose Midnight Rose
    RoseESO Discord
    RoseESO Website
  • ironbob2008
    ironbob2008
    ✭✭
    Maybe you blue idiots will wake up one day and realize that red is not your favorite color.
  • Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nah this can't be for realz . Must be RP .
  • Merlin13KAGL
    Merlin13KAGL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    But its not a DDOS.
    Playing devil's advocate, since I largely agree with you.... technically it is a DDOS since the number of calculations being requested of the server is more than it can handle resulting freezes and disconnections for many. Since this has long been common knowledge, wilfully taking part in such actions could be interpreted as intent.

It has also been, in the past, not unknown for certain ball groups/guilds to collectively cause such a situation intentionally in the hope of causing mass disconnections/server crashes.

I'm not implying malicious intent but its certainly not such a wild accusation as you suggest. :)
    That would include DC'ing themselves in the process.

That's some quality *** you've got going there. If there's nothing more than normal traffic being produced, but the normal client, from normal play, it's not even remotely a DDoS.

Just because you don't like the way something is doesn't necessarily make it wrong...

Earn it.

IRL'ing for a while for assorted reasons, in forum, and in game.
    I am neither warm, nor fuzzy...
    Probably has checkbox on Customer Service profile that say High Aggro, 99% immunity to BS
  • Seperatist
    Seperatist
    ✭✭✭
    They just zerklin harder, like tda + wolves + pugs + few other smallscale guilds in same place that's it no DDoS involved.
    Immoltal ledeemel, (un)chained, Gryphon Fat, Thicc Tocc Tolmenter, Grand overbruhlord, Kekslayer. "You know you don't have to be here right"
  • Eclipse0990
    Eclipse0990
    ✭✭✭
    Seperatist wrote: »
    They just zerklin harder, like tda + wolves + pugs + few other smallscale guilds in same place that's it no DDoS involved.

Well if the opposition chooses to faction stack a keep with their so called 12 men groups and small scales, it only makes sense for DC to push with big numbers. It's easy to accuse other faction of doing what your own faction does. :)
    Raid leader for Undead Nuns (DC-EU-KaalWhaterveritscallednowdays)
  • Ysbriel
    Ysbriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A week ago i played on Sotha Sil , 5 DC showed up, only 5 and immediately my game started lagging, it went away when they left the area, didn’t happen with the huge incoming AD group that went in to defend Sej, is that an example of a possible cheat like that?
  • Montimer94
    Montimer94
    ✭✭✭
    It's strange because they say DC causes the lag but DC is the only alliance that has no ball groups running and ruining the performance (and the game) ... And it's also strange that nobody seems to see the 50+ yellow zergs taking one keep after another, just like a train ...
    Seperatist wrote: »

Well if the opposition chooses to faction stack a keep with their so called 12 men groups and small scales, it only makes sense for DC to push with big numbers. It's easy to accuse other faction of doing what your own faction does. :)