Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Keep recall stones?

Karivaa
Karivaa
✭✭✭✭✭
Patch 19 drops for those of us in Xbox soon and I am wondering if keep recall stones have changed the game play on PC? Ty!
  • Sacredx
    Sacredx
    ✭✭✭
    Overall gameplay is not changed on PC. Very rarely used to save a keep that is under siege and is called out in zone. If they drop the cost to say 5k I think it may start to have an impact on the game but 20k is just not something everyone can burn at will.
    PC NA PvP Oceanic
    The Kelly Gang [TKG]
    Highest kill streak: https://i.imgur.com/V6jJhoy.png
    KB sample: https://i.imgur.com/n7TFyZr.png
    TKG raid sample: https://youtube.com/watch?v=RkrsHg3T7pc
  • ku5h
    ku5h
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sacredx wrote: »
    Overall gameplay is not changed on PC. Very rarely used to save a keep that is under siege and is called out in zone. If they drop the cost to say 5k I think it may start to have an impact on the game but 20k is just not something everyone can burn at will.

This. If they left def ticks as they were before they *** them up ppl would probably use them much more. Now there is no point to burn 20k to get 1.3k def tick maybe.
    Many ppl dont care about AP, but those that do wont use them.
  • Sanct16
    Sanct16
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    You get them for free in the rewards of the worthy.
    - EU - Raid Leader of Banana Zerg Squad
    AD | AR 50 | Sanct Fir'eheal | ex Mana DK @31.10.2015
    EP | AR 50 | Sanctosaurus | Mana NB
    AD | AR 44 | rekt ya | Mana NB
    AD | AR 41 | Sanct Thunderstorm | Mana Sorc
    EP | AR 36 | S'na'ct | Mana NB {NA}
    AD | AR 29 | Captain Full Fist| Stam DK
    AD | AR 29 | Sanct The Dark Phoenix| Stam Sorc
    EP | AR 16 | Horny Sanct | Stam Warden
    EP | AR 16 | Sánct Bánáná Sláyér | Mana DK
    DC | AR 13 | ad worst faction eu | Stam Sorc
    DC | AR 13 | Lagendary Sanct | Mana NB

>320.000.000 AP
  • Lieblingsjunge
    Lieblingsjunge
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not changed the gameplay at all. Some people use them - but usually it's not worth it.
    20k AP for a keep recall stone is a decent price. You also get'm for free.

Might as well spend that 20k AP on a camp and help 20 of your comrades ressurrect once during a keep defence.
    Ignorance is the greatest weapon of tyranny.
    PC - EU.
    Lieblingsjunge(AD) - Racechanged Argonian :< | AR 50 - No double AP or Bleakers involved |
    Sits-On-Cacti(DC) - Problem?
    Fail-With-Tail(AD) - Healing Springs-spammer :<
    Tiny Liebs(EP) - Very Tiny. Also heals.
    Lieblingsmädchen(DC) - Magplar is love.
    The Dominàtrix(AD) - Chains, whip, whip, whip.
    Fluffy Furball Kitten(DC) - Kittycat, meow.
    Your Face(EP) - People make bad jokes about my name =(
    Liebs-With-Trees(AD) - Male argo with a big tail :>

Officer/Sandwitch of Zerg Squad
    My title: The Maneater, Destroyer of Maneuvers, Bane of Potatoes, she who devours them, The Black Hole, the humorless, first of her name.
  • NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    It basically just replaces bloodporting without the hassle and delay of finding someone to kill you.

Since they drop reasonably often in RftW, I don't expect to ever buy any.
  • Karivaa
    Karivaa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ugh they nerfed d ticks? Yuck! I liked the last update and how it actually mattered to defend again!
  • kalitoslime
    kalitoslime
    ✭✭
    These stones are the worst now we can teleport all over the map and completely take away all the strategies from end keeps and from back keeps. They should have a 2hr cooldown they are trash trash trash trash and so much more trash!!! Almost as trash as being in a 5 man group getting sieged by 15 players. More trash then faction swapping.
  • JamilaRaj
    JamilaRaj
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    NBrookus wrote: »
    It basically just replaces bloodporting without the hassle and delay of finding someone to kill you.

Since they drop reasonably often in RftW, I don't expect to ever buy any.

Bloodporting is horrible design flaw per se that should have been addressed years ago by e.g. allowing players to revive only at the most proximate keep, if it is held by their faction, or base camp and suffer rez sickness (like halved stats for several minutes), if it is held by enemies (or burning).
    That ZOS instead added an item for hassle free, as you accurately put it, circumvention of what little and insufficient fast travel restrictions are there, is apalling. Coincidentally, patch notes do not contain dev comment on this addition. I guess it would interesting read.
    Edited by JamilaRaj on February 13, 2019 3:14PM
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm not sure why this thread needed to be necromancied from its grave in August 2018.
  • JamilaRaj
    JamilaRaj
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm not sure why this thread needed to be necromancied from its grave in August 2018.

Because glaring stupidity of recall stones will not allow it to rest in peace.
  • Nermy
    Nermy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    JamilaRaj wrote: »

Because glaring stupidity of recall stones will not allow it to rest in peace.

What makes them stupid? Asking for a friend... ;)
    @Nermy
    Ex-Leader of The Wabbajack [EU EP PvP guild - Now stood down from active duty]
    BLOOD FOR THE PACT!!!

Nermden - EP Warden, Nerm-in'a'tor - EP Dragon Knight, N'erm - EP Sorcerer, D'arkness - EP Nightblade, Nermy - EP Templar

“Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.” ― Oscar Wilde

"An Army is a team; lives, sleeps, eats, fights as a team. This individual heroic stuff is a lot of crap." -General George S. Patton
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    These stones are the worst now we can teleport all over the map and completely take away all the strategies from end keeps and from back keeps. They should have a 2hr cooldown they are trash trash trash trash and so much more trash!!! Almost as trash as being in a 5 man group getting sieged by 15 players. More trash then faction swapping.

I dunno. If you have a smaller group hitting a back keep, getting the enemy to over commit and use a 20k item each is kind of funny
  •  Jules
    Jules
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I always forget these are a thing. But when I remember, it's hella convenient.
    JULES | PC NA | ADAMANT

IGN- @Juies || Youtube || Twitch
    EP - Julianos . Jules . Family Jules . Jules of Misrule. Joy
    DC - Julsie . Jules . Jukes . Jojuji . Juliet . Jaded
    AD - Juice . Jubaited . Joules . Julmanji . Julogy . Jubroni . Ju Jitsu

Rest in Peace G & Yi
    Viva La Aristocracy
  • blabafat
    blabafat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    most definitely
    Fire Cloak - VR12 DK - Nord - EP