The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
· [IN PROGRESS] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
· [IN PROGRESS] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)

Sword and Rune.

Hysorn
Hysorn
✭✭
So, I wasn't around when it was datamined, but was there a reasoning why it never saw the light? I would love to be able to use that weapon combination, I mean, seeing the warden using a longsword properly was the best part of the entire Morrowind trailer. =v
  • Chelo
    Chelo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Probably next year
    Options
  • hyraak
    hyraak
    ✭✭
    More weapon skill lines @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_Gilliam
    Options
  • SirMewser
    SirMewser
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Same thing with spell crafting and horse racing, both had files being added to the data suggesting it was coming or in development, nothing to confirm when or if they will ever truly happen.

ESO Forums: "Future Content"
    ESO Forums: "Spellcrafting" (Compiled Notes)
    UESP
    Reddit

1H&Rune
    Icon foundXKYDIDD.png
    Can't actually recall if any of the weapon icons are actually used in game, the destruction staff types are definitely are not familiar nor is there a restoration staff icon.

Shown in Morrowind.TBlNSpu.jpg
    Even notice that the pit daemon banners are different at this time, prior to release. There was probably a lot of scrapped content including 1H&rune at this time, however, this is how they've chosen to preview it.

Shown in Summerset.ESO-Summerset_KeyArt_3840x2160-01-1024x576.jpg
    Then trolling us a year later.

We do need more weapon options.

Now it feels the same way with the wrathstone tablet looking like a rune, having a hexagram and being fragmented, as they explained in the quake 2014 news for spellcrafting, needing to combine the pieces.

We still yet to know what the next mechanical feature is that is coming with Elsweyr.
    (As we get with every chapter, mind you.)
    Edited by SirMewser on February 15, 2019 6:29AM
    Options
  • Hysorn
    Hysorn
    ✭✭
    SirMewser wrote: »
    Same thing with spell crafting and horse racing, both had files being added to the data suggesting it was coming or in development, nothing to confirm when or if they will ever truly happen.

(...)

We do need more weapon options.

Now it feels the same way with the wrathstone tablet looking like a rune, having a hexagram and being fragmented, as they explained in the quake 2014 news for spellcrafting, needing to combine the pieces.

We still yet to know what the next mechanical feature is that is coming with Elsweyr.
    (As we get with every chapter, mind you.)

Damn, thanks for this insightful comment, like I said, I wasn't around back then, I only saw some videos on my Youtube recommended section about this, but when I started playing again I saw no trace of it.
    Options
  • AlienSlof
    AlienSlof
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    It could be conceived as a spell forming in the off-hand, as most of the classes have some magical skills. Still, a staff/sword/axe + rune would be fantastic.

Battlemages unite! :)
    Bionic Crazy Cat Lady
    Options
  • TheShadowScout
    TheShadowScout
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • Vaerth
    Vaerth
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hysorn wrote: »
    So, I wasn't around when it was datamined, but was there a reasoning why it never saw the light? I would love to be able to use that weapon combination, I mean, seeing the warden using a longsword properly was the best part of the entire Morrowind trailer. =v

ZoS shows awesome artwork and trailers.

Then you get in game only to find the weapon choices really suck when mixed with Stamina and Magicka.

S&B - Tanks Only
    1H only - Not a thing... Really, it not weapon to wield ONE sword...
    2H - For those who refuse DW
    DW - The only front bar choice for Stam builds
    Bow - Required for all Stam builds
    Frost Staff - Useless unless a 2nd bar back up for TANKS only
    Fire Staff - Must use for Magicka builds front bar
    Lightning Staff - Must use for AoE back bar Magicka

NO creativity is allowed in ESO without being punished in end game. The way they did weapons and class skills with Magicka and Stamina has everyone forced to play meta builds or stay in normal's. 5 years this game has had to make a new weapon skill. But nah, they rather make Psijic skill lines, thieves guild, etc.

This has been asked for since release, 5 years ago, and I was one of the early access players who also felt this was foolish to limit Magicka to Staff only. Now, if you are a DD you may only use lightning and fire staff, and need both.

Soon the white knights will arrive to defend why they dislike what I said. I know this, but the fact remains that half a decade is plenty of time to have given a Magicka weapon skill line that is not a staff....
    Pact Bloodwraith
    Options
  • Starlock
    Starlock
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have a magicka character who uses two swords on one bar, and a sword and shield on the other. I accept the drawbacks associated with that and have successfully worked around it by and large. I have to watch his magicka very carefully in drawn-out fights because he has no good way of recovering resources. His light/heavy attacks also get all of their punch from the weapon enchantments he runs. The changes the developers are making to one-handed weapon enchantments are going to straight up ruin that for him. It makes me mad, and it makes me want a magicka-based melee weapon line now more than ever.
    Options
  • mateosalvaje
    mateosalvaje
    ✭✭✭✭
    Magical-based melee would be cool
    I've been wrong before, and I'll be wrong again.
    Options
  • Calibanana
    Calibanana
    ✭✭
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't 1handplusrune.png used as the Skill Tab icon?
    Options