The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Instant Blacksmithing Research

DR4GONFL1
DR4GONFL1
✭✭✭✭
5,000 Crowns for Instant Blacksmithing Research!!! I'm just curious does anyone think this is worth almost $40...? I mean I'm only 3-4 items researched away from having every item researched and I just don't understand the cost here I mean even $20 would be to expensive in my opinion. Not to judge anyone on how you spend your money I'm just wondering what the community thinks.
  • tmbrinks
    tmbrinks
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DR4GONFL1 wrote: »
    5,000 Crowns for Instant Blacksmithing Research!!! I'm just curious does anyone think this is worth almost $40...? I mean I'm only 3-4 items researched away from having every item researched and I just don't understand the cost here I mean even $20 would be to expensive in my opinion. Not to judge anyone on how you spend your money I'm just wondering what the community thinks.

I will stick to the ones I can buy in game with writ vouchers, or get free from login rewards. I can wait for the research to complete.
    Tenacious Dreamer - Hurricane Herald - Godslayer - Dawnbringer - Gryphon Heart - Tick Tock Tormenter - Immortal Redeemer - Dro-m'Athra Destroyer
    The Unchained - Bedlam's Disciple - Temporal Tempest - Curator's Champion - Fist of Tava - Invader's Bane - Land, Air, and Sea Supremacy - Zero Regrets - Battlespire's Best - Bastion Breaker - Ardent Bibliophile - Subterranean Smasher - Bane of Thorns - True Genius - In Defiance of Death - No Rest for the Wicked - Nature's Wrath - Undying Endurance - Relentless Raider - Depths Defier - Apex Predator - Pure Lunacy - Mountain God - Leave No Bone Unbroken - CoS/RoM/BF/FH Challenger
    61,215 achievement points
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Its kind of absurd.

But if you really want to and you have all the items ready to go, you can use Crown Research Scrolls to fully research all the crafting lines for about 350,000 crowns or about $2,500 if not on sale.

If you do it without in-game or crown scrolls, it takes about 1 to 1.5 years to research all the traits depending on passives and ESO+

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/399756/pay-to-win-the-math-on-research-scrolls/

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/408045/how-much-does-it-cost-to-max-research-jewelry-with-crown-scrolls/
    Edited by VaranisArano on February 14, 2019 7:03PM
  • Elsterchen
    Elsterchen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DR4GONFL1 wrote: »

You are aware that these scrolls will only reduce the time for your current research - if research takes longer then (I think it was) 15 days it won't instantly complete.

So yeah, either spend $ 40 to save you 2 weeks of waiting ... or get the voucher 1-day scrolls for 0 $ ... and use one each day :)