Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Sun-in-Shadow won't give Rising to Retainer quest

dastaten
dastaten
Soul Shriven
I finished A Hireling of House Telvanni, and the online guide says I now need to talk to Sun-in-Shadow at her house and she'll give me the quest Rising to Retainer so we can continue to work to free her boyfriend, Eoki. However, when I speak to her at her house, she just says that it's nice to see me and all I can say is "goodbye."

I really want to finish this quest line so I can get the Telvanni personality, but I'm now stuck. Am I missing something or doing something wrong, maybe?
  • dastaten
    dastaten
    Soul Shriven
    Never mind. Turns out you have to talk to Eoki, and THEN go to talk to Sun-in-Shadow. I looked at two walkthroughs online and neither said that, and I couldn't find him again anyway. Finally found him and I've got the next quest.
  • FlopsyPrince
    FlopsyPrince
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    dastaten wrote: »
    Never mind. Turns out you have to talk to Eoki, and THEN go to talk to Sun-in-Shadow. I looked at two walkthroughs online and neither said that, and I couldn't find him again anyway. Finally found him and I've got the next quest.

It would be nice to know where you found Eoki!
    PC
    PS4/PS5