Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Are items from "Furnished" crown-store houses bound to the player?

thegreatme
thegreatme
✭✭✭✭
Title says it all. I've searched but can't find another topic on this. If a player buys the "Furnished" version of a house via crowns, are all the items inside bound to the player, making them untradeable/unsellable if you don't like some of the furnishings, to make way for furnishings you DO want?

I know the more specialized and seasonal Furnishing packs from the crown store work this way (account-bound), but I'm talking furnishings that are readily available and easily craftable to most players on a normal basis, that come with the furnished version of your house. Asking for a friend before they buy.
Edited by ZOS_Kraken on May 30, 2023 7:13PM
Join my Nocturnal-devoted Mercenary Reach guild! https://esokrakeclan.weebly.com/
My Artstation | Deviantart | Youtube | Furaffinity

Thank You ZoS!:
◙ Blackfeather Court banker/merchant
◙ Gloam Indrik
◙ Re-release Gloam Wolf Mount

Let's See It Happen ZoS:
◙ /honorloop emote
◙ cross-legged sitting emote
◙ Evergloam house
◙ Hagraven Polymorph
◙ Hagraven Houseguest
  • bluebird
    bluebird
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Yes they are. Furniture that come with houses purchased with gold can be traded. Furniture that come with houses purchased with crowns can't be traded, as if they were furniture purchased with crowns directly.

That said, you can make way for furnishings you DO want by removing these bound items and storing them in your bank/storage chest/another house or just deleting them.
    Edited by bluebird on February 13, 2019 9:06PM
  • thegreatme
    thegreatme
    ✭✭✭✭
    That's what I figured.
    bluebird wrote: »
    Furniture that come with houses purchased with gold can be traded. Furniture that come with houses purchased with crowns can't be traded, as if they were furniture purchased with crowns directly.

Weird, because any time I do the "Preview Furnished" option, it takes away being able to buy the house with gold, making it into a crown-only buy. Is that only some houses?
    Join my Nocturnal-devoted Mercenary Reach guild! https://esokrakeclan.weebly.com/

Thank You ZoS!:
    ◙ Gloam Indrik

Let's See It Happen ZoS:
    ◙ /honorloop emote
    ◙ Evergloam house
    ◙ Hagraven Polymorph
    ◙ Hagraven Houseguest
  • bluebird
    bluebird
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    thegreatme wrote: »
    That's what I figured.
    bluebird wrote: »
    Furniture that come with houses purchased with gold can be traded. Furniture that come with houses purchased with crowns can't be traded, as if they were furniture purchased with crowns directly.

Weird, because any time I do the "Preview Furnished" option, it takes away being able to buy the house with gold, making it into a crown-only buy. Is that only some houses?
    You're correct that the 'Furnished' version is crowns only on all homes. However, the 'Unfurnished' versions of homes aren't actually empty but come with a few furniture that can include fireplaces, lights, plants and courtyard items. When purchasing an 'Unfurnished' home with gold these items will not be bound.

As an example, you can purchase Amaya Lake Lodge with crowns, in which case every single furniture item will be bound to you. Or you can purchase the 'Unfurnished' version with gold, and you can sell the unbound furniture that the home has, such as the well in the courtyard. There's even two of those wells for sale at guild traders right now for 60k gold each, because the only way to obtain this item is from an Amaya Lake Lodge purchased with gold :smile: That's what I meant with gold-purchased house furniture being unbound.
    Hlaalu-Well-Covered-Sillar-Stone-1.jpg?resize=300%2C300&ssl=1
  • thegreatme
    thegreatme
    ✭✭✭✭
    Makes sense. Thanks for the clarification.

Thank You ZoS!:
    ◙ Gloam Indrik

Let's See It Happen ZoS:
    ◙ /honorloop emote
    ◙ Evergloam house
    ◙ Hagraven Polymorph
    ◙ Hagraven Houseguest
  • ghastley
    ghastley
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In general, the items outside the house are part of the unfurnished purchase, and there's usually some lighting items inside. "Furnished" may delete some of the "unfurnished" items to replace them with others.

However, the market for dead trees from the Exorcized Coven Cottage is not very hot at the moment.
  • carly
    carly
    ✭✭✭✭
    Wouldn't they be bound to your 'account' as opposed to just one character? If you have multiple characters and you purchase items with one character and later on delete that character - you don't lose those items or homes, they are still accessible to your other characters. I'm not sure how it works if you only one character but I've deleted a character that bought items and homes and nothing was lost.
  • bluebird
    bluebird
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    carly wrote: »
    Wouldn't they be bound to your 'account' as opposed to just one character? If you have multiple characters and you purchase items with one character and later on delete that character - you don't lose those items or homes, they are still accessible to your other characters. I'm not sure how it works if you only one character but I've deleted a character that bought items and homes and nothing was lost.
    All items labeled as 'Bound' are bound to your account, not your character - furniture, gear, crown store consumables, everything :smile: OP likely knew this and meant this when he asked about 'bound to player' and tradable/sellable items. As in I a player couldn't trade bound furniture to you another player (not that he would want to trade the furniture between his characters).

And yes you can delete characters with no impact on your houses. Items in your collections remain unlocked for your account, that is houses, storage chests, undaunted furniture, etc. Furniture placed inside homes, bank or storage chests will also remain. However if you delete a character with furniture in their inventory, those would be lost. Also something to consider are achievement furniture, as you can only purchase them with the character who has that achievement.
  • MoonPile
    MoonPile
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sorry to necro but I sometimes see items (like some plants) on guild traders that can normally only be bought from Housing Editor. When I check UESP or eso-fashion for their other sources, the only source is *unfurnished* but crown-only homes.

So it seems that items from unfurnished, crown-only homes are not bound? I've never bought a crown-only home so Idk.
  • ZOS_Kraken
    Greetings,

We have closed this topic as it was originally created in 2019 and the information may no longer be relevant. In many cases, it's better to create a new thread on a topic.

Thank you for your understanding
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.