Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Need advice for PvE pet sorc (2 pet) build

chaoseater99
chaoseater99
✭✭
My main is a PvE 2pet sorc (altmer)
I was running initially Necropotence + Mother's Sorrow +Illambris with all divines purple gear all (only blue jewelry) and infused weapons.
My target dummy parse was around 22k dps.
Switched to Necro+Siroria+Illambris
Now I can hit 24k

I am 370CP, and I see people hitting over 40k dps. Is the CP making such a huge difference? Coz my gears are mostly the same as end game ones (besides maybe one or two with wrong traits)...
My skills and rotation is same as alcast https://alcasthq.com/eso-magicka-sorcerer-pet-build-pve/

Any advice is highly appreciated :smile:
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is your CP distribution similar to Alcast’s?

It could be a combination of little things ... low CP, blue/purple gear, rotation.
  • chaoseater99
    chaoseater99
    ✭✭
    Is your CP distribution similar to Alcast’s?

It could be a combination of little things ... low CP, blue/purple gear, rotation.

Yes, have been following Alcast's build, along with his CP distributions for 300CP mark so far...
  • FlyingDutch92
    Without a video of you doing the parse it is hard to give you specific tips, but it could be a couple of things. Have/Are you...?
    - made your weapons legendary
    - got the correct glyphs on weapons/armor/jewelry (flame, shock, mag, spell damage)
    - using the correct food (Max health + Max mag)
    - weaving light attacks between your skills
    - animation cancelling your attacks (a bar swap right after elemental blockade for example)
    - using the correct rotation
    - using elemental drain on the target dummy
    - using spell power potions (lady 's smock + cornflower + water hyacint)

That's all I can think of at this point
  • codestripper
    codestripper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't have my current setup on me right now but I'll point you in the way of @Deloth_Vyrr for now with his CP/Gear Setup here:
    https://imgur.com/a/LeTzMXM

In terms of rotation, He uses something I would consider to be a bit complicated for newer players, but the DPS it achieves is very respectable, and also provides one more group benefit than the one I'm going to give you.

Here is his video on the PTS (DPS will change as this is an older iteration with broken gear, as well as this is not live, but the rotation is the same)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pmn3wfV-bh8

Now, for you I would recommend this setup instead, you'll probably find it easier:

For the bars, use the same setup that Alcast recommends except drop the twilight tormentor for the matriarch (I know, sounds like a damage loss but trust me, the damage increase is hardly noticable and you'll stop caring when you see how good those heals are from the matriarch)

For the rotation do this >
    Liquid Lightning > la > Elemental Blockade > swap > ha > daedric prey > ha > volatile familiar > swap > la > repeat

With his CP and my rotation I pull about 45k DPS on live. If you're on PC/NA I can help you on the server and walk you through it if you want.
    Since everyone seems to be doing this,
    DPS Builds:
    - Magicka Sorcerer (Pet) [Flawless Conqueror @ 565CP] - 582k
    - Magicka Nightblade [Flawless Conqueror @ 780CP] - 575k
    - Stamina Sorcerer [Flawless Conqueror @ 420CP] - 560k
    - Magicka Classless [Flawless Conqueror @ 810CP] - 540k
    - Magicka Templar [Stormproof] - 550k
    - Magicka Warden [Stormproof] - 510k
    - Stamina Templar [In Development]
    - Stamina DK [In Development]
    - Stamina NB [Under 50]
  • chaoseater99
    chaoseater99
    ✭✭
    I don't have my current setup on me right now but I'll point you in the way of @Deloth_Vyrr for now with his CP/Gear Setup here:
    https://imgur.com/a/LeTzMXM

In terms of rotation, He uses something I would consider to be a bit complicated for newer players, but the DPS it achieves is very respectable, and also provides one more group benefit than the one I'm going to give you.

Here is his video on the PTS (DPS will change as this is an older iteration with broken gear, as well as this is not live, but the rotation is the same)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pmn3wfV-bh8

Now, for you I would recommend this setup instead, you'll probably find it easier:

For the bars, use the same setup that Alcast recommends except drop the twilight tormentor for the matriarch (I know, sounds like a damage loss but trust me, the damage increase is hardly noticable and you'll stop caring when you see how good those heals are from the matriarch)

For the rotation do this >
    Liquid Lightning > la > Elemental Blockade > swap > ha > daedric prey > ha > volatile familiar > swap > la > repeat

With his CP and my rotation I pull about 45k DPS on live. If you're on PC/NA I can help you on the server and walk you through it if you want.

TY, unfortunately am on PS4 EU.....
    Also
    daedric prey > ha > volatile familiar >...
    Shouldn't that be a la since I would want the pet ability to hit when curse is up???

I also tried using C-frag, but its a bit hard to keep track of procs during a rotation.....

Also, I do run Matriarch over Tormentor in most contents unless I got good healers to get my back :smiley:
  • chaoseater99
    chaoseater99
    ✭✭
    Without a video of you doing the parse it is hard to give you specific tips, but it could be a couple of things. Have/Are you...?
    - got the correct glyphs on weapons/armor/jewelry (flame, shock, mag, spell damage)
    - animation cancelling your attacks (a bar swap right after elemental blockade for example)

My weapons are purple...
    Both bar are with fire enchants(purple glyphs), front bar infused but back bar still on precise
    running witchmother's brew
    I am weaving la between abilities, and using animation cancelling with alcast's rotation
    and also using ele drain...

didnt use spell pots...

factor those with my 350ish CP, is my DPS running fine for now, or am I low... thats where am confused....

Also 5/7 body pieces are divines (1 small & 1 medium yet to transmute)
    I run max magica mundus
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    If you have two fire enchants, one is wasted. I know that. :)

What I don't know is another basic thing: Does Elemental Blockade proc all enchants while the other bar is active, or just the ones that don't require specific targets?

Also: Gold weapons make a difference of about 200 spell power, which is like 3% of so of non-pet DPS.

My weapons are purple...
    Both bar are with fire enchants(purple glyphs), front bar infused but back bar still on precise
    I am weaving la between abilities, and using animation cancelling with alcast's rotation

didnt use spell pots...

factor those with my 350ish CP, is my DPS running fine for now, or am I low... thats where am confused....

I run max magica mundus

Edited by FrancisCrawford on February 13, 2019 5:45AM
  • mocap
    mocap
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    damn i can't get higher than 37-38k. Using Necro + Destro + Ilambris + MA lightning (infused Berserk).
    Lover mundus, i play only in PUG dungeons so tank with Alcosh is stupidly rare thing.

Though i must admit - even NB with bloody Siroria can't outdps (or very little) me in tough dungeon fights where you need to move and pet sorc is hell of mobile dps'er. Kinda good balance.

So i rather prefer mobile survivalist pet sorc with 37-40k dps, dumb rotation and easy-to-get gear.
  • zvavi
    zvavi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Weapon AoE ability from back bar procs back bar enchantment.
    Same enchantments shares cooldown. In other words when you have two fire enchantments, it is the same as if you had only one. If you are using illambris I would recommend going fire and shcok enchantments, because fire and lightening thingies do not share cooldown (they can proc together)
    Edited by zvavi on February 13, 2019 8:57AM
  • RaptorRodeoGod
    RaptorRodeoGod
    ✭✭✭✭✭

My weapons are purple...

didnt use spell pots...

I run max magica mundus

In addition to what others have said, I personally get more DPS with the theif stone than with the mage.

If you feel you can sustain well enough, you could switch Witchmother's to a bi-stat food. I run 1-2 heavy attacks in my rotation so I run with bi-stat.

Also, if you can't afford, or don't want to use, spell power pots, I recommend adding Power Surge into your rotation for the Major Sorcery.
    Edited by RaptorRodeoGod on February 13, 2019 10:35AM
    Add a Scribing skill that works like Arcanist beam.
    ---
    Veteran players have been alienated and disengaged from Overland since One Tamriel, due to the lack of difficulty, and pushed into dungeons and trials; the minority of content in the Elder Scrolls Online. We can't take the repetition anymore, fix Overland engagement for Vet players. I don't even care if it's not combat related anymore, just make Overland engaging again.
    ---
    Overland difficulty scaling is desperately needed. 10 years. 6 paid expansions. 25 DLCs. 41 game changing updates including One Tamriel, an overhaul of the game including a permanent CP160 gear cap and ridiculous power creep thereafter. I'm sick and tired of hearing about Cadwell Silver & Gold as a "you think you do but you don't" - tier deflection to any criticism regarding the lack of overland difficulty in the game. I'm bored of dungeons, I'm bored of trials; make a personal difficulty slider for overland. Make a self debuff mythic. Literally anything at this point.