Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

BG's need to be changed

Alfie2072
Alfie2072
✭✭✭
We need to be able to lose MMR, imo it should be like every other mmr system, you gain mmr depending on your performance from wins, and you lose mmr when you lose matches, a rating system like WOW' s arenas would be cool
infinitely gaining mmr for playing bgs is not fun, before you know it your at high mmr even if you lose matches and your waiting for long queue times
please lord zeni, make us lose MMR when we lose matches
PvP - Stamina Warden - Stamina Templar - Stamina Dragonknight - Stamina Nightblade
Worst Twitch Streamer Here
  • Solariken
    Solariken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think you are on the right track, but IMO a better solution would just be to put a cap on MMR and increase the speed at which new characters gain MMR.

Maybe MMR could have a way to decrease, but perhaps it should be based on time elapsed since last game played.
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Solariken wrote: »
    I think you are on the right track, but IMO a better solution would just be to put a cap on MMR and increase the speed at which new characters gain MMR.

Maybe MMR could have a way to decrease, but perhaps it should be based on time elapsed since last game played.

I think it is on time elapsed decrease. It might just be really slow. At one point I was getting into matches with streamers like Fengrush and Thogard. Then I stopped playing BGs for a long time or rather ESO entirely and now that I’ve finallygotten back into them I’m playing with primarily noobs.
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vapirko wrote: »

I think it is on time elapsed decrease. It might just be really slow. At one point I was getting into matches with streamers like Fengrush and Thogard. Then I stopped playing BGs for a long time or rather ESO entirely and now that I’ve finallygotten back into them I’m playing with primarily noobs.

Yeah feels like that. I played then daily in 2017, and adapting to the sorc nerfs in 2018 took me a while and i was with the big kids still. Coming back, it's a cake walk.

It's a weird system. Wish we knew.
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • Aurielle
    Aurielle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’d be open to losing MMR with losses, but I’d rather see the whole thing eliminated. Yesterday was a very frustrating day; one of the more notorious premades on PS4 NA (a three-man magden plus two stamsorc pack leader WWs and a random — usually stamNB) was no-lifing DMs ALL FREAKING DAY. Every second match I was up against them in my pugs. Sometimes a second premade entered the mix. I would take breaks to do RL stuff, and when I queued again after a few hours, they were STILL there. Every so often, I’d find myself in a match with recognizable names, but no obvious premades. Those matches were the ONLY time I had fun, because I was actually able to have a positive KD ratio.

ESO just doesn’t have the population to support the current MMR system. I want to play against different people for a change, and I shouldn’t have to roll an alt to do that. All of my five characters are currently in the same MMR bracket, and I’m tired of being little more than fodder for the premades.
    Edited by Aurielle on February 13, 2019 10:28AM
  • Thogard
    Thogard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vapirko wrote: »

What character was I on? Both fengrush and I (and many other BG regulars) have characters spread out across the various MMR levels.

If you were with my stamden that’s my highest MMR (2.5k games played). Stamplar and mag sorc are next but their not in the top bracket, they just occasionally get those matches. My nightblade and my DK are still firmly in the middle MMR range.
    PC NA - @dazkt - Dazk Ardoonkt / Sir Thogalot / Dask Dragoh’t / Dazk Dragoh’t / El Thogardo

Stream: twitch.tv/THOGARDvsThePeasants
    YouTube: http://youtube.com/c/thogardpvp

• KhajiitFelix
    KhajiitFelix
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No thanks I don't want to wait 6 hours queues just because of *** players on my team
  • jcm2606
    jcm2606
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Aurielle wrote: »
    I’d be open to losing MMR with losses, but I’d rather see the whole thing eliminated. Yesterday was a very frustrating day; one of the more notorious premades on PS4 NA (a three-man magden plus two stamsorc pack leader WWs and a random — usually stamNB) was no-lifing DMs ALL FREAKING DAY. Every second match I was up against them in my pugs. Sometimes a second premade entered the mix. I would take breaks to do RL stuff, and when I queued again after a few hours, they were STILL there. Every so often, I’d find myself in a match with recognizable names, but no obvious premades. Those matches were the ONLY time I had fun, because I was actually able to have a positive KD ratio.

ESO just doesn’t have the population to support the current MMR system. I want to play against different people for a change, and I shouldn’t have to roll an alt to do that. All of my five characters are currently in the same MMR bracket, and I’m tired of being little more than fodder for the premades.

So much this. Being able to consistently recognise names in the queue, even with such huge gaps between sessions, is a sign that there just isn't enough players to support the queue. It's time to remove MMR.
  • Qwazzy
    Qwazzy
    ✭✭✭✭
    Battlegrounds were great before MMR was implemented. Personally I would rather have a solo queue only option, but removing MMR entirely is another good solution.
    Edited by Qwazzy on February 14, 2019 1:02AM
    Smallscale/Solo player on multiple servers

PC North America - Characters
    AD Sorcerer - PvP 16
    AD Templar - PvP 33
    AD Nightblade - PvP 17
    AD Dragonknight - PvP 19
    AD Necromancer - PvP 22
    EP Sorcerer - PvP 20
    EP Templar - PvP 21
    EP Nightblade - PvP 20
    DC Sorcerer - PvP 16
    DC Templar - PvP 24
    DC Nightblade - PvP 18
    Xbox North America - Characters
    AD Sorcerer - PvP 32
    AD Sorcerer - PvP 20
    AD Sorcerer - PvP 14
    AD Templar - PvP 41
    AD Templar - PvP 16
    AD Templar - PvP 14
    AD Warden - PvP 29
    AD Nightblade - PvP 27
    AD Dragonknight - PvP 18
    AD Necromancer - PvP 14
    Xbox Europe - Characters
    AD Sorcerer - PvP 42
    AD Templar - PvP 36
    EP Sorcerer - PvP 16
  • ecru
    ecru
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Qwazz wrote: »
    Battlegrounds were great before MMR was implemented. Personally I would rather have a solo queue only option, but removing MMR entirely is another good solution.

No they weren't. Some players had well over a 90% win rate with hundreds of games played. I'd consider that a complete and total failure.
    Gryphon Heart
    Godslayer
    Dawnbringer
  • brandonv516
    brandonv516
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    ecru wrote: »
    Qwazz wrote: »

No they weren't. Some players had well over a 90% win rate with hundreds of games played. I'd consider that a complete and total failure.

I actually agree with @Qwazz

They were much better. At least you ran into a variety of premades rather than the same premade or two 5 matches in a row.

And there's something quite enjoyable about getting into matches in less than 2-3 minutes on my main. That doesn't happen these days.