Maintenance for the week of February 18:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – February 18
• Xbox One: EU megaserver for maintenance – February 20, 4:00AM EST (9:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EST (17:00 UTC)
The Wrathstone DLC Game Pack and Update 21 base game patch are now available to test on the PTS! Read the full patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/454456/

Who would win in pvp

• Checkmath
    Checkmath
    Class Representative
    Mag Sorc
    I would vote for magsorc here. Generally a good kiting magsorc has the advantage against the magplar, since the magplars real pressure and strength is only in melee range, meanwhile in ranged fights his damage gets neglible.
    Magdk versus magsorc is a tough one and probably will be decided by the specific skills the two classes use. The normal shieldstacker sorc against a dk without wings is a similar matchup as described between magplar versus magsorc. Surely the dk gets the advantage when using wings. But if the sorc starts using pets, the odds are most likely with the sorc.
    Guild-Lead Dolche des Königs PC EU
    PvP on Sotha-Sil and Vivec
  • SaintSubwayy
    SaintSubwayy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Magplar
    Magplars, pruging is very strong atm in PVP

maybe he cant kill you, but can you kill him?

only when you survive the war, you are a winner :sunglasses:
    PC EU
    vAA HM / vHRC HM / vSO HM / vMoL HM / vHoF HM / vAS HM / vCR HM / vMSA

Flawless Conqueror / Immortal Redeemer / Master Angler / PVP Noob^^

Exceed Gaming
  • Nerftheforums
    Nerftheforums
    ✭✭✭✭
    Magplar
    Imagine dying to a magdk as a magplar. You must be WAAAAAAAY worse than him.
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Mag Sorc

Probably. But I'm trying to imagine dying to a magplar without it being in group spamming RD or soul assault. If they are strong enough to hit hard , they're usually soft enough to pressure.
    Technohic - DC Templar
    Technohicz - DC Nightblade
    Technohix - DC Sorc
    TechDKnohic - DC DK
  • JAwtunes
    JAwtunes
    ✭✭✭
    Lag wins. Lag always wins.
  • Galarthor
    Galarthor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    technohic wrote: »

Probably. But I'm trying to imagine dying to a magplar without it being in group spamming RD or soul assault. If they are strong enough to hit hard , they're usually soft enough to pressure.

Lol, what? Have you fought a magplar lately?
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Mag Sorc
    Galarthor wrote: »
    technohic wrote: »

Lol, what? Have you fought a magplar lately?

I've fought everything lately. I just cant say that I have seen a lone magplar ever. When I see them, they usually are with at least 1 or 2 other guys minimum and I have not had too much trouble other than bringing them down takes a while. Most of the time, I see them in groups trying to RD targets while others beat on them and when I see that, I am licking my chops hoping I can get to them if I can shrug off their counterparts.

I realize they are in a good spot; but I just have not ran into ONE where I got wrecked and am like "Wow! That guys just awesome!" I have seen that with pretty much every other class. Maybe it is just me having played magplar from launch on PC until maybe a year ago when I started going stamplar full time and just knowing whats coming, but I still dont see them alone enough to be able to tell you.
    Technohic - DC Templar
    Technohicz - DC Nightblade
    Technohix - DC Sorc
    TechDKnohic - DC DK
  • russelmmendoza
    russelmmendoza
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mag Dk
    Hate their faces.
    I'll fight and die.
  • rabidrufus64
    rabidrufus64
    ✭✭✭
    Magplar
    me
  • ku5h
    ku5h
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Magplar
    Edited by ku5h on February 15, 2019 11:39AM
    PC-EU 1000+ cp
  • Datthaw
    Datthaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mag Sorc
    Tfw Magplar isn't the highest voted. They're OP AF

Magplar not exactly op, they strong and in a good spot.

Magdk wins vs magplar.... if they fight. Reason being most temps are vamp that fire dmage and cc will wear down temp it purge spamming dots. Unless temp has nice stam pool magdk wins.

Magplar vs magsorc.... that's a tough one. Magplar has bubble but sorcs hAve pets if it's a pet sorc I might give that to sorc regular flame reach frag thrower I think temp wins that with well timed bubbles.

Magsorc vs magdk.... again pet sorc I think wins but ranged flame reach frag thrower gets rekt by wing and ccs.

Pet Magsorc is the strongest dueling spec. There is a reason why they are banned from all official dueling tournaments
    Edited by Datthaw on February 15, 2019 12:08PM
  • cpuScientist
    cpuScientist
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If it's 1v1 and no LOS behind like trees and rocks then a pet sorc will win. But that's only in a duel. Normal non pet sorcs lose to both. If DK has wings he should not get hit with a frag meaning that mages wrath should never proc leaving only really pulse if they use that and curse to do damage. And a DK can out heal that. MagPlar vs MagDK is not lopsided like many claim. Roots and snares hurt magPlars and cheap dots do aswell. A magPlar will be purging alot against the DK and they can just reapply the dots cheaply and keep them perma rooted. It's a much closer duel that I'd honestly give to the magPlar but not strongly this can go either way, however if it's the typical magPlar vampire the magDK rekts. MagPlar vs MagSorc the magSorc can kite that magPlar out. But if the magPlar is using master touch they have some recourse. Or if they are gap closing. I'd give it to the magSorc but still not hands down.

Out of the three at their fullest cheese magSorc should win. Then magDK then magPlar. With duel rules, so no pets or wings magDK maybe magPlar possibly MagSorc in that order lol
  • Juhasow
    Juhasow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Depends of who is wearing/using what.