Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Keep getting disconnected from server after game world freezes.

Hrolthar
Hrolthar
✭✭✭
About every hour or so in open world I get disconnected from the server and sent back to the splash screen (or whatever the first screen is called).

When this happens I am still in the game world for a while but not able to interact with anything. Usually for about 30 seconds maximum.

I've tried reinstalling, deleting my saves, resetting Xbox and DNS settings and I'm also wired to the Xbox via Ethernet.

Please help, this is my last ditch attempt to fix this. :(
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    Two more troubleshooting steps that may help with your disconnections are opening ports and clearing the Mac address.

The ports for ESO are as follows:
    • UDP Port 88
    • UDP Ports 12000 through 32000
    • UDP Port 6250
    • UDP Port 5060
    • UDP Port 5062
    • UDP Port 3478 through 3479
    • UDP and TCP Port 3074
    • UDP and TCP Port 53
    • TCP Port 80
    • TCP Port 433

You can clear the Mac Address on your console by following the steps below:
    1. Press Start at the main Xbox One menu.
    2. Navigate to Settings.
    3. Select Network Settings, Advanced Settings, Alternative Mac Address, and finally Clear.
    4. Restart and shut down the Xbox One. Disconnect the power cord from the back of the console and wait two minutes.
    5. Once the two minutes have passed, plug the power back in and wait for the power bricks light to go from white to orange.
    6. When the light switches to orange, reboot the console and try the game again.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • Hrolthar
    Hrolthar
    ✭✭✭
    I gave both of those a go, but it did it again after only 30 minutes so didn't fix it.

More information:

The error on screen after I get kicked is "Unable to connect to game server. Please make sure you have a valid internet connection."

It's been happening since Summerset was released.

It doesn't happen if I'm in one of my houses no matter how long I play for (As long as I stay in my house).

Things that are likely to trigger it are:

Interacting with something in the world. e.g. Wayshrines, chests (clicking on a chest did it this time).

Using my inventory.

Using my banker or merchant.

Edited by Hrolthar on January 17, 2019 10:11PM
  • kitsune_beth
    kitsune_beth
    ✭✭✭
    Probably a dumb question, but, is the game fully patched and updated?
  • Hrolthar
    Hrolthar
    ✭✭✭
    Probably a dumb question, but, is the game fully patched and updated?

It has been each time, yes. (Since Summerset)
  • MajestacaL
    MajestacaL
    Soul Shriven
    I tried to play tonight and had the exact same issues during a 2hr play time on the NA server, I was disconnected 11 times saying there is a issue with my internet connection, I never had this issue before I'm hardwired have my Xbox ip set to DMZ mode in my router so my NAT is open isp is AT&T 50/10 plan. A couple of times as soon as I logged back in and my character loaded into the city I could tell I instantly timed out again as I couldn't interact with anything and it was just rinse and repeat.
  • Hrolthar
    Hrolthar
    ✭✭✭
    Another update:-

It doesn't do it on the Xbox NA server where I am level 10 with zero CP and next to nothing done game wise.
  • ccloyesb14_ESO
    ccloyesb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    I get this same crash at least once a play session.
  • LadyDestiny
    LadyDestiny
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Been getting a lot of disconnects as well but no freezing.
  • Hrolthar
    Hrolthar
    ✭✭✭
    I should clarify that it's not really a "freeze" as I can still move around the game world I just can't interact with anything while I wait to get booted back to the starting screen.

It was starting to get annoying so I found a fix for it, but you aren't allowed to talk about such things here... ;)
  • SYN_Rexy391
    SYN_Rexy391
    Soul Shriven
    Hrolthar wrote: »
    I should clarify that it's not really a "freeze" as I can still move around the game world I just can't interact with anything while I wait to get booted back to the starting screen.

It was starting to get annoying so I found a fix for it, but you aren't allowed to talk about such things here... ;)

If you wouldn't mind. Hmu on Xbox. SYN Rexy391. I'd really like to know how to fix mine. I can't even play five minutes without getting booted.
  • Hrolthar
    Hrolthar
    ✭✭✭
    It wasn't really a fix, I just log in on each character to do writs and then move on to other games. I don't hang around long enough to crash basically. :(
  • SYN_Rexy391
    SYN_Rexy391
    Soul Shriven
    Dang. I'm hoping that the new dlc will at least fix this issue. Cause I have been dying to play. I can't even do anything besides log in and check mail.