The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

S/B + Magic Based Skills

thedude33
thedude33
✭✭✭✭✭
I have been trying different weapon combos on my baby magdk. When using a drestro staff I would try and weave in LAs with Flame Lash. Recently I switched to S/B. Ditch the LAs? I tried to do it but it is very clunky and of course very low damage LAs
1v1 Win/Loss Record in PvP.
1 Wins - 392 Losses (guy was AFK)

• SaintSubwayy
    SaintSubwayy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    low dmg > no dmg...is that simple
    maybe it feels a littebit odd at the begining, but youll get used to it
    PC EU
    vAA HM / vHRC HM / vSO HM / vMoL HM / vHoF HM / vAS HM / vCR HM / vSS HM / vKA HM

Flawless Conqueror / Immortal Redeemer / Dawnbringer / Griphon Heart / Master Angler / Spirit Slayer

• thedude33
    thedude33
    ✭✭✭✭✭

For both PvE and PvP ?

• SaintSubwayy
    SaintSubwayy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    thedude33 wrote: »

For both PvE and PvP ?

well in PVP for sure, any dmg you get out and land on the enemy forces him to either do more dmg than you, or use more and more defensive skills, which puts you into the aggressor role, therefore he'll bee the one on the backfoot, not you.

PVE wise, well yes also...only Directdmg skills or LA can proc enchants on bosses, therefor you want to land as many as possible of them, when the enchant runs out, to reapply it.
    When its up again, (most of the time after 1-3 hits landed) you can slack down on them again a bit
    If you cannot dropp block, then you can apply the enchants via skills like Puncture and low slash even when blocking...but you dont need to block all the time, if you have the window, get a la in no prob
    PC EU
    vAA HM / vHRC HM / vSO HM / vMoL HM / vHoF HM / vAS HM / vCR HM / vSS HM / vKA HM

Flawless Conqueror / Immortal Redeemer / Dawnbringer / Griphon Heart / Master Angler / Spirit Slayer

• Baconlad
    Baconlad
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SnB light attack proc enchants. so yeah...always light attack. no matter what weapon you're using. i used DW swords on melee magplar for years. last iteration was infused offhand, nirn mainhand. that infused spell damage enchant was always up when offensive.
  • thedude33
    thedude33
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Baconlad wrote: »
    SnB light attack proc enchants. so yeah...always light attack. no matter what weapon you're using. i used DW swords on melee magplar for years. last iteration was infused offhand, nirn mainhand. that infused spell damage enchant was always up when offensive.

Good point about the spell damage infused trait.

• thedude33
    thedude33
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Seems hard to sustain though without HA to renew magicka