Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Weather difference for gruoped players?

Hiro0874
Hiro0874
Hi Teso Team and Community,

I have a quick question regarding an observation I made the last days and I would like to know if the effect is actually intended... :p

So I grouped with one of my friends and my girlfriend and we are all sitting in my living room in RL :-) So we created a group, all traveled to my girlfriends phase and we started questing. So after like an hour of gametime we noticed that all 3 of us, standing on exactly the same spot (small island on Khenari's Roost) are having a total of 3 different weather scenarios going on:

1. Girlfriend: Strong rain, storming, thunderstorm
2. Buddy: dark skies, no rain or storm but looks like gonna happen soon
3. Me: Blue skies, sunny, no clouds at all ;)

Honestly that totally messed up the immersion for all 3 of us...so I'm pretty sure this is not intended or? Is this a known problem? If so, will there be a fix? I'm pretty sure if the weather is affected, similar "phasing issues" (even we are all visible to each other in the same phase) might be happening on other mechanics etc ?

@Community: Did anyone else ever experience the same weird behaviour? :D

Cheers

Hiro
Edited by Hiro0874 on April 7, 2014 2:06PM
  • dannomite82
    dannomite82
    ✭✭
    That just tells me that weather decisions are made on the client.
    Holgrum put some pants on. Holgrum heal me I'm dying. Nag... Nag... Nag...
  • Gaudrath
    Gaudrath
    ✭✭✭
    Note to self: don't comment on weather when roleplaying.
  • Hiro0874
    Hiro0874
    @dannomite82‌ :

But even if so, programming vise it should be no problem to sync these decisions, once your grouped and select "Teleport to player", at that point a weather decision could be based on the groupleader and communicated between clients before the weather change takes affect.

Or make the decision being inffluenced by phase and area whatever... :D
    Edited by Hiro0874 on April 7, 2014 2:02PM
  • Hiro0874
    Hiro0874
    Gaudrath wrote: »
    Note to self: don't comment on weather when roleplaying.

Right, cause it doesn't only break immersion but also Roleplay...totally forgot about that! ;)

Edited by Hiro0874 on April 7, 2014 2:04PM
  • XDem
    XDem
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah, noticed that too. Probably just an overlook. I'm sure it'll be fixed somewhere down the road.
  • Hiro0874
    Hiro0874
    @XDem‌ : Yeah, I hope so too and thats why I wanted to raise the question :-P
  • Gohlar
    Gohlar
    ✭✭✭✭
    Grouping has a LOT of issues in this game. It's like they never expected people to group up in an mmo.
  • Zershar_Vemod
    Zershar_Vemod
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow, never noticed that. That is pretty funny actually..
    House Nyssara (NA)
    Black Market Traders
    Order of the Lamp Post
    Thorn Brigade
    VR15 Nightblade Vampire
  • Hiro0874
    Hiro0874
    I wish I would get an answer from the official TESO Team... but I highly doubt it...