Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Healers in BGs

cuddles_with_wroble
I love healers in BGs but the problem I see most is that generally only 1 team will actually get one and then the chances of that team winning (if the healer has decent teamates) are increased significantly. I would love to see the dungeon style que added to BGs but just remove the tank, so when you que up itll just ask you to pick healer or dps. I think this might make some of the matches more balanced and help against premades granted they don't also have a healer.

thoughts?
  • ChunkyCat
    ChunkyCat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’m down. My queues are already averaging 15 minutes anyway.
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    That's already how it works. When you queue you choose what role you play. I think I'm in the higher MMR brackets but I always have fast queues as a healer, I think that's why. Problem is no one wants to play healers.

In pve there are less healers because it's easier to learn the game as a dps because you solo as a dps. In pvp the learning curve is way steeper than pve, it took me a couple months and a lot of BGs trying to heal before I got it down. Plus, getting all the skill points takes forever, most people get only as many as they need so can't change roles.

You have to be a certain personality type to pvp heal. You're enemy number one for the other teams, and you get chain cc'd constantly. Personally I like it a lot, but it's not for everyone.
    Edited by Iskiab on February 11, 2019 6:43PM
    Looking for any guildies I used to play with:
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
    LoC EQ2 - Mayi and Iskiab
    Condemned and Tabula Rasa - Rift - Iskiab
    Or anyone else I used to play games with in guilds I’ve forgotten
  • ccmedaddy
    ccmedaddy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    This will probably end up with DPS players abusing the system by queuing as a healer for faster queues. And in BGs you can't even kick fake healers.
  • cuddles_with_wroble
    ccmedaddy wrote: »
    This will probably end up with DPS players abusing the system by queuing as a healer for faster queues. And in BGs you can't even kick fake healers.

then their team looses and we can all blame them. and also the role selection option doesn't apply to bgs atm and that's why I proposed the idea :)
    Edited by cuddles_with_wroble on February 12, 2019 8:39PM
  • exeeter702
    exeeter702
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    ccmedaddy wrote: »

then their team looses and we can all blame them. and also the role selection option doesn't apply to bgs atm and that's why I proposed the idea :)

People who lie to circumvent long queue times are generally the type of players whom dont give a rats ass for taking the blame. They will continue to roll the dice regardless.

And this issue is only really apparent in random pugs. In premades, having a team of 3 damage and 1 heals, is not a sure fire win vs 4 organized offensive builds who coordinate ult dumps and whatnot.

When a random healer is healing 3 glass cannon reckless all on builds against a similar team with no heals, the issue here is amplified.
  • StarOfElyon
    StarOfElyon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In BG, I can't just sit there and let players dog pile me. I can only afford to slot one or two healer skills when I know that I'm going to be under attack. So the rest of the slots I use for offense and defense.
    Edited by StarOfElyon on February 13, 2019 4:12AM
  • Spark
    Spark
    ✭✭✭
    In BG, I can't just sit there and let players dog pile me. I can only afford to slot one or two healer skills when I know that I'm going to be under attack. So the rest of the slots I use for offense and defense.
    And behold, you have described a small group PvP healer. Perfect.