The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Base Phys/Magical Damage values need fixed by fiat or via enchantments

Mithrazielle
Mithrazielle
✭✭
Dear Bethesda,

One of the worst aspects of ESO, is that there are only a few very narrow avenues of skill buildout to get your base (non-potioned, non-consumabled) magical damage and physical damage values into the 2K, 3K, or higher range. You always have to wear armor 'x', and use skill lines 'a', 'b', and 'c', and character type 'x', otherwise. This is why I see so many people running around with 2 daedric combat pets.

And that's wrong. It kills the ability to of people to play the way they want to- to say, I want to play with these skills because they match my play-style better, or give me more magical powers to work with overall, etc. But unfortunately, playing the way that makes the player happy, limits them to like 1400 magical damage and 2700 physical damage, without buffs, except for boons. Even wearing the armor from Craiglorn that gives you two boons simultaneously does little to help.

What is the point of providing sorcers with all these possible skills, when in order to get basic damage high-enough to be useful in any way, they can only use 5 or 6 very specific skills?

You need to let everyone, however they like to play, achieve 4K-8K basic, non-buffed damage based on skills one they achieve the CP160+ level. Otherwise, there are aspects of the game that even level 500, 600, 700, etc, can't manage well.

And by the way- this discussion includes enchantments- Enchantments should not be capped at CP160. Changing enchantments alone would allow crafters to make ways to enhance their armor, jewelry and weapons with significantly better values than now-- and that could be all you'd need to change.

Just saying.
  • Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    .Just saying.

I have no idea what you are just saying.
  • MartiniDaniels
    MartiniDaniels
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    .Just saying.

I have no idea what you are just saying.

Well, he is probably asking for more ways to get weapon/spell damage other then relying on same 3-4 sets and absolutely exactly the same builds everywhere. Probably he means damage enchantments on armor...

OP, in this game max magicka/max stamina works same way as damage, increasing your dps output, they have slightly worse conversion coefficient then SD/WD, but it's not critical. And also max magicka scales better then spell damage so you may see that almost all top builds have ton of magicka and rather weak spell damage.
  • Mithrazielle
    Mithrazielle
    ✭✭
    @MartinDaniels- Yes, exactly what I meant.
  • kypranb14_ESO
    kypranb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm pretty sure you could easily achieve 8k spammable damage on a hybrid setup.

As of right now my Swallow Soul on a pure magic damage setup is hitting just short of 21k on crits, or 11.2k on non-crits.
  • Mithrazielle
    Mithrazielle
    ✭✭
    I'm pretty sure you could easily achieve 8k spammable damage on a hybrid setup.

As of right now my Swallow Soul on a pure magic damage setup is hitting just short of 21k on crits, or 11.2k on non-crits.

I'd love to know what your armor, boon/boost, and skill line setup is, because that is only achievable with specific armor sets, specific enchantments, and specific skill lines, boons, and boosts.
  • Mithrazielle
    Mithrazielle
    ✭✭
    ...and I should add, I'm not interested in PvP, this is for PvE. I should not be required as a _SORCERER_ to use exactly one and only one skill-line configuration in order to get up to higher than 4K magic damage. Which is pretty much the way it is right now.
  • Mithrazielle
    Mithrazielle
    ✭✭
    ...and I should also add, I have done the setup, skills, armor sets, boons/boosts and all tht to get me in the 7K+ range for magica damage, and I HATED IT because I had to use only one set of skills. What the f-ing good is having all this skills in all this magical skill lines if you are relegated to pansy-level damage if you want to be able to use them????
  • Aznox
    Aznox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Mithrazielle recreate your build in this :

https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Special:EsoBuildEditor

We'll give you 20 different ways to make it better.
    Aznox
    PC EU
    Khajiit Orc Bosmer Stamina Sorcerer and Werewolf Stage 3 Vampire
    I live in Battlegrounds
    Theorycrafting enthusiast
    Official Cheese Lord
    CP1500+ club
  • Mithrazielle
    Mithrazielle
    ✭✭
    @Aznox

Thanks, looking at it. Much appreciated.
  • LiquidPony
    LiquidPony
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    ...and I should also add, I have done the setup, skills, armor sets, boons/boosts and all tht to get me in the 7K+ range for magica damage, and I HATED IT because I had to use only one set of skills. What the f-ing good is having all this skills in all this magical skill lines if you are relegated to pansy-level damage if you want to be able to use them????

I don't think you quite understand how damage works in this game.

Your Spell Damage is not the only thing you should be concerned with.

Your max magicka, spell critical, critical damage modifier, damage done modifiers, penetration, and a whole bunch of other stuff are direct factors in your actual damage done. Beyond that your ability to sustain is of course a factor in your actual damage done in real content as well. And that's just your stats. Beyond that, your DPS rotation, understanding and use of skills and passives, group buffs/debuffs, etc. are all major factors as well.
  • itsfatbass
    itsfatbass
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stacking all one stat in this game is only a hindrance anyways. It's the way they've designed it. However I do think additional armor glyph options would be awesome.
    Edited by itsfatbass on February 22, 2019 7:50AM
    ~PC/NA~ Magblade, Tankanist, Healplar, Stamcro, Oakensorc, Healden, Tanknight ~PLUR~