The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Battlegrounds PS4 NA - how is it for you?

NightAngel690
NightAngel690
✭✭✭
Before I get into the details on this first post, just know I have done prior research and this isn’t just a typical, “I died so their game is broken” type of thread.
Lately, as in since the pvp event, battlegrounds has been super laggy. Every time you look at the arena, the FPS drops dramatically. The bar swap is a lot longer than normal or it doesn’t even swap properly so sometimes you end up casting a different ability than you might have intended! This is very crucial when it comes to healing. If you miss that heal by a second, it could be the difference between life and death.
Other times you experience times where your skills are used but there’s a delay as in you tap the button and then two seconds later your skill goes off. This is very important when you’re trying to set up a kill. If you can’t properly use your skills, you are unable to kill anyone! An example of this was a week ago when I was playing relic hunter. I used shock reach, and then set up my typical combo. All in all, there was a two second delay which meant I had to plan to use my skills two seconds ahead of time.
Now I know this isn’t just an issue I alone am experiencing. After the initial hate whisper I would receive after I killed someone, I would ask them if they were experiencing the same amount of lag I was and 90% of the time, their response was yes and that they’ve noticed it at around the same time I have.
I started coming into battlegrounds to escape the lag of cyrodill but I find cyrodill to be less laggy than battlegrounds is.
  • mursie
    mursie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i haven't noticed your results in no-cp pvp battlegrounds or sotha.

now cp pvp in vivec - that has been horrendous. everything you state occurs there. regardless of your thoughts about CP, i honestly do not understand how people pvp in vivec. the only viable gameplay that would appear to work is ball group zergs where timing of abilities no longer matters since you're just a giant blob aoe killing machine.

i tried to mag and stamblade in vivec and key cloak into dmg rotations are totally ruined by the lag.
    twitch.tv/mursieftw
    twitter: @mursieftw
  • NightAngel690
    NightAngel690
    ✭✭✭
    mursie wrote: »
    i haven't noticed your results in no-cp pvp battlegrounds or sotha.

now cp pvp in vivec - that has been horrendous. everything you state occurs there. regardless of your thoughts about CP, i honestly do not understand how people pvp in vivec. the only viable gameplay that would appear to work is ball group zergs where timing of abilities no longer matters since you're just a giant blob aoe killing machine.

i tried to mag and stamblade in vivec and key cloak into dmg rotations are totally ruined by the lag.

It’s terrible in there. I’ll go into cyro every so often but then I get frustrated from getting zerged down and end up just going into bgs. Shor isn’t too bad! The lag isn’t as bad as Vivec and there’s a lot more fights that are small scale/solo so I tend to just to stick to there if I want to do bigger fights and avoid the premade cancer groups.
  • jhall03
    jhall03
    ✭✭✭
    BG performance is inconsistent for me. Sometimes the lag is definitely there and I ask myself WTF just happened, or why did that skill not fire off, etc. I did a below 50 BG last night and it seemed fine. So I don't know. Maybe <50 BGs are smoother because of less proc sets and calculations the game has to do.

Either way, I feel overall performance in PS4NA has been subpar the past several days
    Edited by jhall03 on February 12, 2019 2:05PM
  • Aurielle
    Aurielle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Occasionally, I’ll port into a BG and rubber band for 30+ seconds before the match begins. After that, it’s usually smooth sailing. At prime time, though, I do tend to get weapon swap lag.
  • damtotb16_ESO
    damtotb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Well I am a PC player not a console one but yea lag is frustrating me greatly. I play this game from beta days and seriously considering to quit for good. Nuf said
  • NightAngel690
    NightAngel690
    ✭✭✭
    Well I am a PC player not a console one but yea lag is frustrating me greatly. I play this game from beta days and seriously considering to quit for good. Nuf said

I always thought it was better on pc than on console? That’ s quite interesting to hear! It’s unfortunate that’s it’s been years and some issues are still prevalent and haven’t been fixed yet. I’m still waiting for the dbos health de sync to be fixed.