The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Confused returning newbie about pots/fodd/poisons/weapons

lukoi
lukoi
✭✭✭
I'm looking for a little clarity, because unlike other MMO's where you can run buffs by each attribute, ESO seems to be more limited (frankly, I like that, but that's a different discussion).

Just want to confirm, you can only run one food buff at a time? i.e. one food that increases your stam pool, or one food/drink that increases stam regen etc.

Are there foods at higher levels that cover more than one attribute (one that covers stam and health, or perhaps all three attributes?)?

Are there foods at higher levels that do max pool AND regeneration?

Also, to confirm, the poisons I can take are essentially overwrites of whatever my weapon does, correct? So, you're making a choice between the weapon's inherent glyphs and a potentially better poison (situational or otherwise)?
  • lukoi
    lukoi
    ✭✭✭
    oops, don't know how to go back and edit, my apologies.

Another question - what does charging the weapon do? I've finally gotten weapons that periodically seem to drain. Are the weapon effects (aka glyphs) using up energy when they "proc?" Also, do the weapons proc uniformly or based on % factors?

Do poisons proc or provide their enhancements with every landed shot?

Is there a way to see what mobs might be more vulnerable to (thus informing my glyph vs poison decisions)?

Is there any trend in PvP I should be considering when it comes to weapon glyph vs poison either? Like a given class is inherently less vulnerable to something (i.e. Dragonknight strikes me as someone less vulnerable to fire based damage, and I heard there is a cold based class - warden or some kind of mage class?)

Thanks in advance!
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    One food or drink buff at a time, XP food/drink doesn't count the same as attribute/regeneration buffs so can be used at the same time.

Higher level food/drink give bigger numbers, blue/purple/gold tend to split it across various attributes or between both attribute and regeneration.

There are foods/drinks which do max attribute and regeneration, most of these are quest rewards or event rewards.

Poisons override the weapons enchantment. Most common used in PvE is the poisons which grant you resources back when you inflict someone with it. PvP it various on use.

Weapons with enchantments use a charge each time the enchantment activates, this drains it. Recharging means the enchantment can be used again (it's an upkeep to monitor, by end game high level you'll have more soul gems than you know what to do with so don't worry about keeping them charged)

I'm not 100% sure but I thought they removed mob weakness to damage types in a patch last year, I could be wrong so will need someone else to confirm this for me.

PvP builds/tactics I don't know enough to speak with confidence, so I will leave it to others. You can check websites like AlcastHQ or Tamriel Foundry for build information though.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah they removed mob weakness some patch ago.
  • DBZVelena
    DBZVelena
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm not 100% sure but I thought they removed mob weakness to damage types in a patch last year, I could be wrong so will need someone else to confirm this for me.

You are wrong. They didn't remove it so much as lowered the effectiveness.

Vampires still burn very well, just not as well as it was just after One tamriel.
    What are Natch Potes? Can you eat those?
    I believe in Genie-Gina.