The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [EXTENDED] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Nightblade vs Templar

Soundles1990
Soundles1990
✭✭✭
Can any experienced Nightblade tell me how to beat a Templar in a duel? I saw a nightblade fighting a Templar today and he did well. He used shadow image to get away from him. But still he wasnt able to beat him.
  • Thanatos_inside
    Thanatos_inside
    ✭✭✭
    If u are medium nb with bow its close to be impossible. If u are bleed blade plars are not problem. Use shufle a lot control them and incap them and remember u can bash their execute.
  • susmitds
    susmitds
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Medium/Heavy Bleedblade vs Templar is quite easy for NBs.

Medium Bow builds need to use underhanded tactics to beat a good Templar. What works for me, is dropping a Fear Trap and sync Bow Proc+Ballista+Execute with the CC.
  • Soundles1990
    Soundles1990
    ✭✭✭
    i play dualwield/2hand without bleed build
  • StarOfElyon
    StarOfElyon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If it's a magicka Templar like me, wear down the stamina. When a NB beats me in a 1v1 it's usually because I couldn't break free from the fear.
    Edited by StarOfElyon on February 6, 2019 4:08PM
  • itscompton
    itscompton
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If it's a magicka Templar like me, wear down the stamina. When a NB beats me in a 1v1 it's usually because I couldn't break free from the fear.

Agreed, I can toast most NB's I encounter 1v1 but if the player is smart/skilled and uses movement and stealth to extend the fight they are able to wear me down till I'm out of Stamina and then when they fear/incap me a full 4 seconds of being helpless is a guaranteed death sentence.
  • StarOfElyon
    StarOfElyon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Those seconds when feared feel like an eternity. And if I'm poisoned I have to cleanse before I can even think about healing. If I don't just drop dead at that point it's only a matter of seconds before the fight is over because I can't go back on the offensive when I'm only one burst away from death but I can't dodge or get a second to reset the fight due to a lack of stamina. So fear is your friend if you're a NB.
  • Reverb
    Reverb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

This. You will need to wear down their resources by keeping up dots forcing them to cleanse frequently, and keeping up snares and stuns to wear down their stam. I would guess that 80% of my deaths to a NB happen when I’m feared because he’s already worn down my stam.

Also, most magtemps will keep Eclipse on NBs as soon as it’s able to be recast, because that skill is so effective against both stam and mag ‘blades. My top damage against a NB in most duels is from Total Dark, damange they effectively dealt to themselves. Watch for that.
    Edited by Reverb on February 6, 2019 9:42PM
    Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you. ~Friedrich Nietzsche
  • Soundles1990
    Soundles1990
    ✭✭✭
    how much physical penetration do i need against a templar?
  • StarOfElyon
    StarOfElyon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That all depends on what the player is wearing. I only wear one piece of heavy armor but I wouldn't be surprised if most people wore full sets of heavy. It's a trial and error thing maybe. I don't know if it matters that much. As much as I hate it, your most effective weapons are CC and poison. Disable and defile. If they are too busy trying to break free, cleanse, and heal they're not doing damage to you.

Now if you'll excuse me, I'm going back to b******* about CCs until ZOS fixes this crap.
  • itscompton
    itscompton
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    how much physical penetration do i need against a templar?

At least 10K. The majority of PvP players, not just Templars, wear heavy or find other ways to get up to 22-25K resistance, and now having pen even helps against shield users so more is always better. But as said before unless you are good at animation canceling so you can hit for a 25k burst in one gcd you're most likely going to need to wear down resources before you can outpace a Templars healing to get the kill.