Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

[QoL Suggestion] New match statistic — damage taken

TheYKcid
TheYKcid
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
This would work in conjunction with the two statistics currently displayed—damage done & healing done—to provide a more comprehensive assessment of an individual player's performance during the match.

At present, KD ratio + damage done on their own do not provide a complete picture of how much a player commits to the fight. These scores can be artificially boosted by spamming ranged abilities (eg. Snipe, Endless Fury), AoEs (Ele Blockade), or abilities that do both (Arrow Spray). While they reward the user with nice metrics on the scoreboard, they aren't entirely representative of the user's fight contribution, as they can be used from a distance with minimal input.

A "damage taken" statistic would provide an avenue to show that, in addition to meeting the aforementioned performance indicators, a player was also actively engaged in fights. This is an important distinction as having a teammate physically present has a large impact of the group's ability to function, through providing support such as healing, counterpressure/CC, helping a low-health teammate to peel off, etc. The lack of these is very apparent when one or more members is constantly hanging back at max range.

Implementing this suggestion would be simple, as damage taken is already being recorded by the game—there are 4 Land Grab medals and 1 achievement based on this figure. So all it would take would be to include it on the scoreboard.

Thoughts?
PC/NA — Daggerfall Covenant — BGs, Kaalgrontiid
Kalazar ChalhoubRedguard Nord Stamplar
Kalaron Caemor — Altmer Magsorc
Kalahad Cirith — Dunmer Magden
  • susmitds
    susmitds
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    All for this, provided something is done to change the tanky meta. Stalemates are no fun.
  • Thogard
    Thogard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PvPMeter addon tracks this stat.

PC NA - @dazkt - Dazk Ardoonkt / Sir Thogalot / Dask Dragoh’t / Dazk Dragoh’t / El Thogardo

Stream: twitch.tv/THOGARDvsThePeasants
    YouTube: http://youtube.com/c/thogardpvp

• wheem_ESO
    wheem_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thogard wrote: »
    Indeed, but it'd be nice if it showed up on the in-game scoreboard as well, since even a lot of experienced BG players don't know about the addon. It shouldn't require much work for ZOS and there's room for it to fit.

Guard, stuns, snares, roots, Negates, and other debuffs of all kinds can make an enormous difference in the outcome of a game, but there's no real way to show those on the scoreboard. Total damage taken would be a simple and straightforward addition though.
  • Morgul667
    Morgul667
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I didnt know it did

But im in favor of this

Would be fun

Not entirely representative but fun :)
  • wheem_ESO
    wheem_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Morgul667 wrote: »

I didnt know it did

But im in favor of this

Would be fun

Not entirely representative but fun :)
    It's fun to be able to look up damage taken, especially in the full duration games with a lot of in-combat time. For example:
    qlBdc4V.jpg
    If that 1.294 million damage taken isn't my #1 highest, it's gotta be pretty close. You can sort each page of games individually, but as far as I know you can't sort the entire list as a unit (ie, if game number 841 was actually my highest damage-intake game, I can't have it show up on the same page as this one).
  • TheYKcid
    TheYKcid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Actually did not know that cos I've never used it (I try to minimise non-essential addons when PvPing).

Would still be nice to have on the base-game scoreboard nonetheless, for those who don't want the addon or play on console.
    Edited by TheYKcid on February 9, 2019 5:10AM
    PC/NA — Daggerfall Covenant — BGs, Kaalgrontiid
    Kalazar ChalhoubRedguard Nord Stamplar
    Kalaron Caemor — Altmer Magsorc
    Kalahad Cirith — Dunmer Magden
  • validifyedneb18_ESO
    validifyedneb18_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This would be really cool, and maybe somewhat informative for improving PVP builds.
    EU: Magden, Magknight, Stamsorc(*2), Magsorc
    NA: Magplar, Magden, PotatoBlade