The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

vampire as a squishy DW/2Hand Stamblade

Soundles1990
Soundles1990
✭✭✭
Does it make sense to be a vampire?
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you are going to be a squishy NB I am assuming your plan is to sneak around, so yes.
  • Soundles1990
    Soundles1990
    ✭✭✭
    im afraid of getting too much fire damage, especially from a DK. Im using DW/2hand so i have to fight close
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, without it, you are better off building less squishy as more of a brawler and not really sneak around. Just use cloak to suppress DOTs and get health up.
    Edited by technohic on February 8, 2019 11:22AM
  • Royaji
    Royaji
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If your plan is to be a dedicated ganker vampire will be a must have. Otherwise? You will eat all the Dawnbreakers and get completely destroyed.
  • hakan
    hakan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Does it make sense to be a vampire?

i have a dunmer stamblade which was a vampire some time ago. that sneak passive advantage is very good, but dawnbreaker and flames deal too much damage.

i guess i doesnt matter when you get caught, youll probably die as squishyblade so go for it.
  • Uryel
    Uryel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    im afraid of getting too much fire damage, especially from a DK. Im using DW/2hand so i have to fight close

Dunmer's fire resistance + 1 fire resist jewellry glyph should have you set. At least for PvE. Can't say much about PvP.
  • LordTareq
    LordTareq
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Royaji wrote: »
    If your plan is to be a dedicated ganker vampire will be a must have. Otherwise? You will eat all the Dawnbreakers and get completely destroyed.

So, 5-piece heavy armour nightblade here, using 2-handed sword. Also a vampire. I do just fine survivability-wise, usually between 2 and 4 deaths during a match (usually with pretty respectable numbers of kills too, not wet noodle build focused entirely on defense).

Admittedly I do have a bit more health than is meta, currently about 28k so not a glass cannon build. The increased fire damage is slightly noticeable, and occasionally you get hit by a Dawnbreaker at the wrong time and you melt. But I think often when you get into a situation like that were you get caught without resources/out of position etc. you will die anyway vampire or not. Maybe once in a blue moon the vampire damage means the difference between dying or not.

Anyway what I'm trying to say is, you definitely don't need to be a dedicated ganker to play a vampire nightblade. You can brawl just fine if need be, with a decent setup of course. I can imagine when going in as a glass cannon with 15k health and 5-piece medium armour the fire damage will be more noticeable though.
    Edited by LordTareq on February 8, 2019 8:41PM