The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [IN PROGRESS] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Character slot

cambergang
cambergang
✭✭✭
As I have 15 characters and do not plan on deleting any will there be more characters slots add for the new class. And now that race change is going to be need on like 10 characters I’m get those for free right? Or is it just a cash grab?
  • Paazhahdrimaak
    Paazhahdrimaak
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ive seen some saying we are getting more slots for more characters, also i believe i have read people saying they are giving away 1 free race change.
    But I have not seen anything official. Just lots and lots of posts, people talking about that 1 free race change will be given.
    Hopefully someone will link it if it is official.
    Sorry thats not much help lol.
    And nice id love to have 15, currently at 9. Gonna invest in the tenth soon for a stamsorc, and if they do give one away in the future for the new class, than ill only have to buy one more. I like to have a mag and stam of each class.
    Edited by Paazhahdrimaak on February 1, 2019 5:49PM
  • Sgtmeg
    Sgtmeg
    ✭✭✭
    Hopefully they'll add more slots, even if you have to buy them, for the Necromancer class. Would suck if people with 15 characters have to delete one just to use the newest class.
  • heaven13
    heaven13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    This was stated officially in the Elsewyr twitch aftershow. Skip ahead to 01:31:00. Basically, with Elsewyr, they will give one free slot. They will also be increasing the max but not sure by how many yet.

Regarding the race change, this is the latest (from Dev Tracker):
    After reviewing everyone’s feedback and evaluating the total number of high-level characters from active ESO accounts, we’ve decided to increase the amount of free Race Change Tokens granted to all players to 3 Tokens, in addition to granting 3 Name Change Tokens, to assist with the upcoming Racial balance changes in Update 21. The Tokens will be automatically added to your account during the launch maintenance window for each respective platform.

Additionally, we’re also planning a sale on both Race Change Tokens and the Race & Name Change Token bundle for a limited time after each platform’s launch.

We look forward to seeing everyone in game for the upcoming Wrathstone launch!
    Edited by heaven13 on February 1, 2019 6:30PM
    PC/NA
    Mountain God | Leave No Bone Unbroken | Apex Predator | Pure Lunacy | Depths Defier | No Rest for the Wicked | In Defiance of Death
    Defanged the Devourer | Nature's Wrath | Relentless Raider | True Genius | Bane of Thorns | Subterranean Smasher | Ardent Bibliophile

vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vDSA | vMoL HM | vHoF HM | vAS+2 | vCR+2 | vBRP | vSS HM | vKA | vRG
    Meet my characters :
    IT DOESN'T MATTER BECAUSE THEY'RE ALL THE SAME NOW, THANKS ZOS
  • Turokos_Vampires
    Turokos_Vampires
    ✭✭✭
    Hopefully they just go a head and increase it to 20-25. One thing I love about SWTOR is having 40 slots, which I have used up to 30 now.
  • Hotdog_23
    Hotdog_23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    To me the minimum should be 24 or 4 for each class when the next chapter drops.

Idea would be 6 for each class or 36.

1 PVE magic
    1 PVE stamina
    1 PVE tank
    1 PVE healer

1 PVP magic
    1 PVP stamina
  • richo262
    richo262
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hotdog_23 wrote: »

1 PVE magic
    1 PVE stamina
    1 PVE tank
    1 PVE healer

1 PVP magic
    1 PVP stamina

You'd really only need 2, 1 Stam DPS with a Tank load out and a PVP load out, 1 Mag DPS with a Healer load out and a PVP load out.

Just wish you could have a couple of set CP / Attribute profiles to swap between freely.
  • bluebird
    bluebird
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    richo262 wrote: »

1 PVE magic
    1 PVE stamina
    1 PVE tank
    1 PVE healer

1 PVP magic
    1 PVP stamina

You'd really only need 2, 1 Stam DPS with a Tank load out and a PVP load out, 1 Mag DPS with a Healer load out and a PVP load out.

Just wish you could have a couple of set CP / Attribute profiles to swap between freely.
    Yes, it would be awesome if ESO had a 'spec' template system you could save your ability morphs, attributes, cp allocation and gear into. Since sets are Bind to Account rather than Bind to Character in ESO, it's even more suited for this than other games like WoW which still already have an easy switch-between specs system in place. It would keep the game fresh for longer and make players log onto their characters more often, without needing to increase max character numbers per account to something bloated like 36 :lol:
  • Hotdog_23
    Hotdog_23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    richo262 wrote: »

1 PVE magic
    1 PVE stamina
    1 PVE tank
    1 PVE healer

1 PVP magic
    1 PVP stamina

I have suggested profiles before and that would be awesome, but it does not seem to be the way ZOS wants it to be. If they did profiles then we would need more personal space a lot to hold all the gear needed to swap out between different builds for both PVE and PVP.