The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Best Way to Fix Cyrodiil and Make It More Fun.

Cagro
Cagro
✭✭✭
Remove three alliances from Cyrodiil and make it guild based. When you enter Cyrodiil you are automatically grouped with your guild members with the maximum group size of 24. If any of your guilds have the maximum number of players in Cyrodiil, then you have the option to chose one of your other guilds to enter.
  • oXI_Viper_IXo
    oXI_Viper_IXo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    No thanks, that sounds awful.
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So if the only guild I PvP with hits the maximum 24 before I log in then I am screwed and am forced to PvP solo under the banner of one of the other guilds I am in.

That is just the first flaw and does not even get into the fact OP has not stated how this is fun? I have seen free for all PvP where you were only safe from those in your group, which is exactly what the idea presented here is and it was just bad. So bad the area was pretty empty all the time.

So seems like a bad idea all around. One that is not fun.
  • Eirella
    Eirella
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No thanks
    (PC/NA) - | @Eirella - formerly @jinxgames | CP 1000+ | Mainly PvPer (EP) | Haxus
    /uninstalled
  • DeadlyRecluse
    DeadlyRecluse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Great idea for a different game. Kinda bad idea for this game, imo.
    Thrice Empress, Forever Scrub
  • Raammzzaa
    Raammzzaa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pass.
  • Cagro
    Cagro
    ✭✭✭
    I understand your points. However, there are some of us that do not want to group but just to log in and do some questing with the constant fear of open world pvp. This is what I am really looking for.
  • Mintaka5
    Mintaka5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't know if there is a fix, but I can vouch that Cyrodiil for me is a completely miserable experience. This whole week I logged in got harassed by a handful of regulars who've teamed up and decided to make an effort to kill me, and make a point of it. They are all cross-faction, they all know each other (some kind of insider club), they all run OP meta builds, that are absolutely uncounterable, and they spend most of their time farming individuals instead of playing the strategy game. I got into Cyrodiil because I thought it would actually be a cool simulation of war, and all it really is now, is a stomping ground for a handful of players that think it's the life's mission to take cheap shots with overpowered builds. Shittiest gaming experience EVER!
  • Cagro
    Cagro
    ✭✭✭
    Mintaka5 wrote: »
    I don't know if there is a fix, but I can vouch that Cyrodiil for me is a completely miserable experience. This whole week I logged in got harassed by a handful of regulars who've teamed up and decided to make an effort to kill me, and make a point of it. They are all cross-faction, they all know each other (some kind of insider club), they all run OP meta builds, that are absolutely uncounterable, and they spend most of their time farming individuals instead of playing the strategy game. I got into Cyrodiil because I thought it would actually be a cool simulation of war, and all it really is now, is a stomping ground for a handful of players that think it's the life's mission to take cheap shots with overpowered builds. Shittiest gaming experience EVER!

I understand your frustration but I kind of enjoy when something like that happens to me. I just does not feel too excited without a fear of the unexpected. The most fun I ever got in this game was when I was getting the skyshards, clearing the the dolmens and exploring the dungeons in Cyrodiil solo or with just one friend while hiding from enemy groups. Sometimes you even find enemy players who do not attack you and just help you clear dolmens and sometimes they attack you afterwards. I will love for a new zone like Cyrodiil to explore again. It is the unpredictability while questing that I love.
    Edited by Cagro on January 31, 2019 9:20PM
  • Mr_Walker
    Mr_Walker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    So your idea is bascially "game to force you into a ball group, like it or not"?

Ugh. Really, really bad idea. Esp. if everyone wants to do different things. Like a bit of skyshard hunting maybe? Or run a couple of quests.
  • Red_Nine
    Red_Nine
    ✭✭✭
    Bad idea.
  • Elong
    Elong
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Mintaka5 wrote: »

Perhaps you should try to stop sending whispers telling people to kill themselves or you're going to gut people like pigs? I'm not part of this group whatsoever, just some friendly advice, might help you go about your pvp experience unhindered.
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    sounds like a pver who got farmed in midyear making suggestions lol
    Minno - DC - Forum-plar Extraordinaire
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • Dominion_Nightblade
    Cagro wrote: »
    I understand your points. However, there are some of us that do not want to group but just to log in and do some questing with the constant fear of open world pvp. This is what I am really looking for.

We are not so different, you and I.
  • jaime1982
    jaime1982
    ✭✭✭✭
    No. close thread. Stupid idea.