Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Nord from the cinematics

jd24
jd24
✭✭✭
Does he have a name?

Is it socially acceptable if I worship him in public?

What class would be the closest to him?

Would you consider him wearing heavy or medium armor?

*side note, eso has the best cinematics of all time. I may have watched the opening cinematics with the cool nord guy more than the lotr trilogy at this point.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    None of the original cinematic heroes have names that we know of.

He doesn't seem to use any class skills that we see, only a sword and axe, and sometimes a two-hander. So he fits in with any stamina build that mostly relies on its weapon skills.

In the context of the cinematics, he's probably wearing heavy armor. However, the stamina build/weapon skills will benefit from wearing medium armor. So you could wear medium armor and cover it up with his costume: https://eso.mmo-fashion.com/nord-hero/

Ironically enough, if I were going to design a build that closely matched what we see him do in the cinematics, it would be a PVP build. Dual Wield, Two-hander, Heavy Armor like 7th Legion or Fury, and bleed damage.
  • Claudman
    Claudman
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The cinematic characters are a bit of a representation of us as players.

Altmer Mage for Dominion players

Breton Edgelord for Covenant players

Nord Warrior for Pact players

The only cinematic character confirmed to he a standalone character was the Redguard Warden who was with Naryu, you can read Naryu's journal on the Imperial Library which entailed this information.

I'd say that the Nord warrior is a StamDK possibly using Heavy Armor for PvP bonuses (Or medium with a cosmetic outfit over it). You can make him rather easily since he looks generic which isn't a bad thing.
    Welcome, Moon-and-Star, to this place where destiny is made.

I play healers or DPS often for vet dungeons and trials (NA, CP810+). I play mostly elves or Argonians.
    I primarily play Damage-Based stuff in PvP, but occasionally I'll play something tanky or got the heals.
    I also love gaining more knowledge both metaphysical and mundane regarding TES lore.

I also occasionally role-play, but I prefer playing the game.
  • jd24
    jd24
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks you two for the replies.

I'm in between making a dk or templar. Since he doesn't use any class abilities I guess I could technically be either or for a remake of him.

I tried a nightblade my last go and just lost interest in the rogue like gameplay + the visuals weren't that entertaining.

• Greystag
    Greystag
    ✭✭✭✭
    Claudman wrote: »
    The only cinematic character confirmed to he a standalone character was the Redguard Warden who was with Naryu, you can read Naryu's journal on the Imperial Library which entailed this information.

That's a neat fact, I had no clue. I always thought he was a player analogue.

| PC / EU |
    | Aspen Greystag, Khajiit Warden, Frosty boi |
    | Healer, Tank, Damage dealer |
    | CP: 1800 |
    | Guilds: Officer at Meridia's Light |
  • Ravena
    Ravena
    ✭✭✭✭
    On that topic, I think the Breton from the cinematics might be the first necromancer "hero"?

Explaining how there might be a "good" necromancer. He went from nightblade to necromancer after that dude infected him in the trailer.

Since those characters are meant to be representations of the player characters and all.
  • Tessitura
    Tessitura
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ravena wrote: »
    On that topic, I think the Breton from the cinematics might be the first necromancer "hero"?

Explaining how there might be a "good" necromancer. He went from nightblade to necromancer after that dude infected him in the trailer.

Since those characters are meant to be representations of the player characters and all.

I don't think so man, he continued to fight the same way he did in life once he became undead. the army he was at the head of was probably risen by someone else, there is nothing to really say he became a necromancer.

Side note, I did not like the those trailers, and I especially thought the Nord was stupid. Nothing but a fanboy dream of Skyrim.
  • Ravena
    Ravena
    ✭✭✭✭
    Tessitura wrote: »

I don't think so man, he continued to fight the same way he did in life once he became undead. the army he was at the head of was probably risen by someone else, there is nothing to really say he became a necromancer.

Side note, I did not like the those trailers, and I especially thought the Nord was stupid. Nothing but a fanboy dream of Skyrim.

Eh, he raised his hand and then the dead raised from the ground. That's stereotypically what necromancers do to raise the dead.
    Edited by Ravena on February 9, 2019 6:23PM
  • Ashfen
    Ashfen
    ✭✭✭✭

Even if I like the trailers, i quite agree with you for the Nord.
    But personnally the main problem i have is that the "Altmer" doesn't look like an Altmer at all. ^^"
  • jd24
    jd24
    ✭✭✭
    You guys don't bash my nord boi. I will fight you and I fight dirty.
  • Ashfen
    Ashfen
    ✭✭✭✭
    and I fight dirty.

Like the nord in the cinematic

Joke, drop this axe. ^^
  • jd24
    jd24
    ✭✭✭
    Ashfen wrote: »
    and I fight dirty.

Like the nord in the cinematic

Joke, drop this axe. ^^

*Starts swinging axe like a 4 yr old with a pinata and a mean dad.*
  • Korah_Eaglecry
    Korah_Eaglecry
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Does he have a name?

Is it socially acceptable if I worship him in public?

What class would be the closest to him?

Would you consider him wearing heavy or medium armor?

*side note, eso has the best cinematics of all time. I may have watched the opening cinematics with the cool nord guy more than the lotr trilogy at this point.

He is a representation of the Player Character, particularly Ebonheart Pact Player Characters.

I guess if you enjoy worshipping yourself, not sure anyone would arrest you for it, maybe think youre a bit crazy though.

Probably a Stamina DragonKnight. At least in the vein of what Stamina DKs started out as when the game first launched.

Its heavy armor, they released Hero Armors in Year 2 I believe and so theres a few people running around with some low res immitations of the Three Heroes armor. They rereleased them in the Crown Crates not so long ago but I dont remember which Crates it was and if itll ever re-appear in the Crown Store. Aside from some stretching on the back of the Armor I didnt think the Nord Hero Armor was that bad.
    Penniless Sellsword Company
    Captain Paramount - Jorrhaq Vhent
    Korith Eaglecry * Enrerion Aedihle * Laerinel Rhaev * Caius Berilius * Seylina Ithvala * H'Vak the Grimjawl
    Tenarei Rhaev * Dazsh Ro Khar * Yynril Rothvani * Bathes-In-Coin * Anaelle Faerniil * Azjani Ma'Les
    Aban Shahid Bakr * Kheshna gra-Gharbuk * Gallisten Bondurant * Etain Maquier * Atsu Kalame * Faulpia Severinus
    What is better, to be born good, or to overcome your evil nature through great effort? - Paarthurnax
  • Ashfen
    Ashfen
    ✭✭✭✭
    They rereleased them in the Crown Crates not so long ago but I dont remember which Crates it was and if itll ever re-appear in the Crown Store.

It was the Dwarven Crown Crates. ^^
  • Tessitura
    Tessitura
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Eh, he raised his hand and then the dead raised from the ground. That's stereotypically what necromancers do to raise the dead.

Nah man, they march up behind him. Give it a watch again, he never raises his hand, he pulls his mask up and lifts his sword, pointing them forward.
    Edited by Tessitura on February 12, 2019 2:56PM