The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Every race should have a damage dealer option, Argonians and Nords included

commdt
commdt
✭✭✭✭
No deep analysis here. Damage dealer is an obvious option especially for newcomers, as it dont take much responsibility and is easy to get started. So every race should have a damage dealer option to exclude outcry. Now almost every race is on par with each other in DPS except Argonians and less so Nords (which are good healer / good tank respectively). I understand that it is not an easy task for balance team, but it would go much smoother in perspective if every race could have a DPS option.
Like Argonian have a bonus which is useless for DD (healing done), complete it with another bonus which would be useless for healers and preferably for PvP, but useful for PvE DD, and it will be balanced out
Rawr
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Are you saying argonians aren't handy for DD PvP?

Agreed on imperials, i want a Mag DD one.
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • WoppaBoem
    WoppaBoem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    After the bearlizard thing going on, I want a full hybrid race called baize power that can do it all, all those different races, we are living in 2019 people, this is ridicoulus......
    Xbox EU & NA - PVP Only
  • Anyron
    Anyron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Argonians are truly worst race for dps because every race has option to go stamina/magicka dps but argonians have none.
    Their +3% max magicka (or +1k magicka) is just too low to be good and i think there isnt single race with such small dd bonus
  • Chilly-McFreeze
    Chilly-McFreeze
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    WoppaBoem wrote: »
    all those different races, we are living in 2019 people, this is ridicoulus......

Here we go again.
  • MartiniDaniels
    MartiniDaniels
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    OP, then, following your logic every race should have also tanking and healing option.
  • ccmedaddy
    ccmedaddy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yeah let's make all races have generic offensive stats as their racial passive. That sounds awful af but apparently that's what the forum wants. -_-
  • NordSwordnBoard
    NordSwordnBoard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    The racial bonuses should be visible at creation, that way new players can choose a race that fits what they want to do with the toon.
    Fear is the Mindkiller
  • StarOfElyon
    StarOfElyon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No. You must be the tank race.

But feel free to play whatever you want. :)
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you are a brand new player, I wouldn't worry too much about picking a "DPS race" or a "tank race", etc. For the vast majority of the game's content, any race is going to do okay for any role. Your personal ability to tank mechanics, heal, or do a good DPS rotation is going to have a much bigger impact on your ability to content content than your racial buffs.

Its not that racial buffs can't make a difference, but when they do, its top-tier competitive content like leaderboard runs, DPS parses, and serious PVP. For everyone else, having a race that complements your role will make your life a little easier, but having a race that doesn't match up won't outright prevent you from completing content if you become a decent player.
    Edited by VaranisArano on February 6, 2019 11:20PM
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No. You must be the tank race.

But feel free to play whatever you want. :)

Theorycrafting an Argonian damage dealer focuses on gaining raw damage through gear, CP, and so on ... since the racial passives lean toward resource management.

It’s not rocket science.
  • BejaProphet
    BejaProphet
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Every race can DPS. It is determined 99% by other factors. Really probably more than 99%.

I am a nord tank. I have all 64 attributes into health. When I swap into my dps gear I can parse 31k. I don’t even have Relequen or Advancing Yokeda.

I honestly think they should go a different route with racial traits but to act like a nord can’t fill a damage dealer roll because our passives aren’t for damage is just mistaken.
  • Grynnyl
    Grynnyl
    ✭✭✭
    The big mistake is allowing racial traits to affect combat statistics to begin with. The racial trait should be removed completely or replaced with fluff(emotes, personalities, costumes, racial supplies, etc). The traits that affect actual game-play should be in a new"character trait' tree. Weapon specialty, attribute focus, etc, would be possible categories. One point spent in 'weapon specialty' increases base weapon damage and opens up a set of possible morphs. Morph could be to add additional damage to type 'X' weapons. Same theory for other traits affecting other combat interests.

A system like this could be as simple or complex as desired. Traits and morphs could be restricted to one selection per group, or allowed to select multiple morphs. Using 'weapon specialty' as an example, morphs could provide crit %, more weapon damage, or reduced resource cost, instead of being tied to a specific weapon type. Theoretically, you could structure these trees in any configuration and would allow players to truly individualize their characters.

Need sustain, pick a weapon morph for reduced cost, an armor morph for increased regen, or an attribute morph that does the same(or a lesser combination of both). Other morphs could provide similar options for other types of builds, increased damage through raw damage numbers or crit numbers, increased survival though resistance or armor perks, and so on.

At that point, character race is a choice about cosmetics, lore, and little else.

Possibilities could be endless, and completely ignore the racial limitations now in place.

Not everyone will agree, but it would definitely stop the 'you must be race X to fulfill role Y' disputes.

Just my two cents...
    ...For Within the Circle of His Sword, There Is Each Man a King...
  • Chilly-McFreeze
    Chilly-McFreeze
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Can we stop now with the "racials shouldn't have combat impact" or "racials should be selectable" etc? We're 5 years in, Zeni is just changing racials to still have combat impact. They won't turn around next week to delete them or whatever. It just won't happen. Get used to it.