The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

My Tel Galen

TonyRockaroni
TonyRockaroni
✭✭✭✭✭
I told myself I would wait until Tel Galen was coming back to the Crown Store to show mine. And now that it is...honestly, I'm still a bit unsure, considering how impressive other versions of Tel Galen from other players have looked. I feel like mine may not be as impressive to some. ^^;

But I'm going to let go of those worries and show it anyway! This is what happens when an Argonian gets their own Telvanni tower!
...I wonder how many Telvanni were suddenly triggered by that sentence. XP

The Tower Exterior
9xdjnftmx47b.png
tcj1lr83d0v1.png
qan2fnvcvg89.png
yuq6a3fd09eb.png
6ltb7rbz3i5k.png
p98cojm72hrd.png
ztoj6zn7b9wq.png

I've always enjoyed the idea of having a lush, colorful garden...with a bit of danger, of course. But only for those unfamiliar with flora native Black Marsh! It's good to have some of your own culture within your home, no matter what the Telvanni think of it. And that's in addition to a swimming hole designed to keep the slaughterfish out. As an Argonian, it's good to stay moist!

Mushroom Houses
t3lvpj8kwb75.png
qgxz3ufg5qv5.png
1quxe5xcycga.png
cqbvzaenamqh.png
pbe0cecjiflh.png

As someone familiar with both Morrowind and Skyrim, I'm used to seeing Telvanni tower with at least a couple of smaller mushroom buildings around them. So I took it upon myself to build two such mushroom buildings. One is a small fungal cottage for a certain acquaintance with slippery claws and deep pockets, and another is a makeshift clockwork forge.

Main Hall
gxm4fqyb5a52.png
k8b2vlvmm46h.png
jrmqujlybxq7.png
7fuuvkacerox.png
ksznnmk78hvf.png
lntbey6kqhgx.png
nm7y6hbit775.png
md3xmv50s3ta.png

I believe the interior is a bit more important than the exterior. So I've dedicated most of my work to the inside of my tower. Here in the main hall, I wanted it to feel as welcoming as I could make it...provided a certain skull doesn't interrupt your peace and quiet too often. Though I did leave two beds that came with the place for guests. But that's only when my sep adders aren't using them.

Alchemy and Tailoring Suite
dgtcgqkhtxkn.png
9favsqhqb06p.png
wwzyb3hj8mi8.png
iy41mjyo54fb.png
59cqd1ips6a2.png
5pagoxe5tm3c.png
w25yh9qzf9y2.png
n3bg9sqpesdy.png
01e2fjja0mmy.png

Having your alchemy suite also be your tailoring suite can actually give the clothing you make quite the pleasant smell...or unpleasant, depending on what you're brewing. I also felt it appropriate to have a small indoor garden around my lab. Although the plants themselves aren't all that little...or harmless.

Enchanting Suite
uwb8d0cbo6uf.png
vi4c21hnoal5.png
07ldp9hmonx1.png
d1kzbm7iswcm.png
lior54dinw2p.png
bidws40iteid.png

And here is where the magic happens...literally. But it's not just for reading and enchanting. It's also where the power source for my clockwork devices is kept.

Gallery
1gomoubt8s42.png
tut9zujzcrht.png
kpxsv0r5rdrj.png
uchube7xy47t.png
qi44ulc8b6tn.png
dt8vk1jts0a2.png
kxxwzyccaoi8.png

Some people like too take a pieces of the places they go with them. This is what my gallery is for. Though I suppose this could double as a prayer room, what with the Tribunal triptych and the shrine created from a giant serpent skull.

Master Bedroom
n3d4ssyaf0d1.png
zmk4zilla6u1.png
sx3fldg65hv1.png
rh5kmjcmqoup.png
t7k0bfdr3on5.png
imtjoowkedl4.png
8to4x3bi8n7x.png

And finally, my personal quarters. Always nice after a day of adventuring to have a place to privately read, bathe, or relax and rest my head...and my tail.
Edited by TonyRockaroni on February 5, 2019 11:02PM
  • Fusharji_Seht
    Fusharji_Seht
    ✭✭✭
    I think you'll make others worry about how impressive their Tel Galen's are with how good yours is. Great job!
  • Delphinia
    Delphinia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @TonyRockaroni this is just superb! I absolutely love what you've done with this place; right down to every last detail!
    It is clearly visible how well thought out this entire home is. Truly impressive and inspiring! braviii!!!
  • Morgha_Kul
    Morgha_Kul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I might have grabbed Tel Galen at some point... except for the ridiculous cost, and the fact there's NO BALCONY.
    Exploring Tamriel since 1994.
  • Amyxleexownsxu
    Amyxleexownsxu
    ✭✭✭
    This is amazing!
    PC/NA Since Beta!
    CP 1165

Main
    Rank 27 EP Khajiit Stamblade | Derosianthe | 26k Achieves

Alts
    EP Redguard Stamcro | Reindallia
    EP Bosmer Stamden | Sathiriel
    EP Imperial Stamplar | Velinaszol
    EP Altmer Magsorc | Ophianthil
    EP Dunmer Magknight | Thelisarcis

Housing Enthusiast/Completionism Nerd
    Blood for the Pact!!!
  • TonyRockaroni
    TonyRockaroni
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Delphinia wrote: »
    @TonyRockaroni this is just superb! I absolutely love what you've done with this place; right down to every last detail!
    It is clearly visible how well thought out this entire home is. Truly impressive and inspiring! braviii!!!

OMG thanks! <3 It actually took me a long time to figure out the direction I wanted to go with my tower. And every time I thought I was finished at one point, a new furnishing (or several) would come out and I'd be like "...welp! I guess it's gonna take a little longer before I finish!" XD

I was also kind of waiting for Murkmire to be released. Because I knew it would have the furnishings I need to get just the right amount of Argonian influence one would want in a Telvanni tower...unless you're a Telvanni wizard, of course.
  • FurySevenSix
    FurySevenSix
    ✭✭✭
    That is absolutely amazing, obviously a lot of passion and careful planning has gone into your design. :smiley:
  • Kiwigal
    Kiwigal
    Soul Shriven
    this is so fab @TonyRockaroni I just love what you've done & would love to visit & see it for real. I've been slowly working on the inside of my wee fun-gal place for a while. I've only just discovered that my place had all the wildflowers that I could see in the videos (I was disappointed for a very, very long time my place was bare) and have/had overplanted outside but now I've turned on grasses in setting I can see them, it also feels like I'm playing a whole new game (its even more prettier) & am very happy rearranging plants & mushrooms outside but my inside is still a WIP but only 2 rooms to go & have some ideas for them apart from one being a junk, overflow room. You've given me some more ideas for completing them too. I'm now thinking of bringing in the excess plants from outside & leaving the wildflowers to shine & making an indoor garden.