Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of October 7:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – October 7
• Xbox: EU megaserver for maintenance – October 9, 2:00 UTC (October 8, 10:00PM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)

Mutagen

cherev
cherev
Hi,

Can some1 explain to me how Mutagen works (the regeneration morph). I do not understand the tooltip.

Thanks,

Edited by cherev on April 7, 2014 3:46PM
  • iso_1a_ESO
    iso_1a_ESO
    ✭✭
    It means that when you cast it on a target, a heal over time is applied. If the target falls below 20% health while under that effect, then the heal over time effect is removed and a single big heal is dumped on them. It's basically giving them a quick burst heal in the event they drop to critically low while under the effects of the spell instead of keeping the heal over time ticking.

So for example if you cast Mutagen on me, and I'm at 60% health, I begin to receive the heal over time effect. If I take a big hit and drop to 20% or below before Mutagen ends, then the Mutagen effect on me stops healing gradually, and instead heals for a quick burst. It gives you as the healer time to react rather than me taking another hit and getting massacred. Some people think it heals over time for anyone above 20% and burst heals for anyone below 20%. That's simply not the case. It's a HoT that turns into a Burst in the event the player under its influence becomes critically damaged (20% or below health.) If you cast Mutagen on someone who is already below 20%, then it will burst heal at it's first tick I believe. This would require some testing that I have yet to do. However casting it in this manner would be pretty inefficient and risky as it's not meant to be used as a burst heal primarily. I hope I've answered your question in a way that makes it easy to understand =)
    Edited by iso_1a_ESO on April 7, 2014 3:21PM
  • cherev
    cherev
    Thank you very much for your explanation ;) . Now the hard part, for me. Which morph to choose, mmmm.....

Edited by cherev on April 7, 2014 3:45PM
  • iso_1a_ESO
    iso_1a_ESO
    ✭✭
    Anytime! Good lucking making your choice :p
  • iso_1a_ESO
    iso_1a_ESO
    ✭✭
    Anytime! Good lucking making your choice :p
  • ksaggies04ub17_ESO2
    cherev wrote: »
    Thank you very much for your explanation ;) . Now the hard part, for me. Which morph to choose, mmmm.....

I was really hoping somebody was going to come into this thread and drop some awesome wisdom as to which morph to take. I can't decided either :disappointed:
  • MisterTuggles
    cherev wrote: »

I was really hoping somebody was going to come into this thread and drop some awesome wisdom as to which morph to take. I can't decided either :disappointed:

Honestly, it really comes down to your play style. If you are going a full healer you can probably take the higher heal + lower tick time and be well off. If you are going damage and just need to supplement a heal, the HoT + flash heal will probably be better.
  • Kyubi_3002b16_ESO
    Kyubi_3002b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    i run rapid regeneration and people apreciate it. If someone drops to low i cast Healing shield and let my magic regeneration do the rest (bloodmage)

Even without full Healing having Healing shield in your build is a must to anyone who runs a restoration staff (darn bubble heals for 100% of amount shielded? like seriously?)

Either way having a burst heal like mutagen isnt that usefull from my point of view
    Edited by Kyubi_3002b16_ESO on April 8, 2014 12:38PM
    One bow to darken the sun
    One bow to unite the clans
    One bow to conquer the world and in darkness drown it...

- Prophecy of the tyranny of the sun
  • cherev
    cherev
    Hi,

Im going with rapid regeneration too. Thinking about it: If I throw the hot at some1 who doesnt go under 30 its a waste. And i dont want people to get that low in the first place. Still a little iffy I know, but ill go with rapid too.

Cheers,

Edited by cherev on April 8, 2014 1:16PM
  • cherev
    cherev
    Hi,

Kiyubi, could you explain how that regeneration healing thing works (bloodmagic). The ingame tooltip isnt very enlightening ;)

Cheers,

• Kyubi_3002b16_ESO
    Kyubi_3002b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Principe of a blood mage is a combination of siphon restoration and vampirism Healing

Siphons are your main damage dealing ability they both deal damage and regenerate the party members health. I kill most of my targets using siphoning ability (funnel health might not look like it but it deals severe damage when spammed, not to mention the ultimate gain from passives)

Restoration complement siphons Healing so to provide the double regeneration buff and the anti nuking.

Vampirism provide a good part of the damage as well as the ultimate itself wich is used as a nuke for heavily crowded monster parties (very short recharge too)

How do i keep my party healed then?

Initiate fight by using Funnel health a few time cast rapid regeneration twice and keep those buff up at all time. Use Healing ward the moment someone gets Under 75% hp (this ability heals for 100% of the remaining shield after duration expire and you may as well say you fully healed a guy whos under it) cast sap essance when you got the magicka for it so to heal team while gaining important damage buff. When the 120 point ultimate bar (very small cost) is charged nuke the targets with devouring swarm (that spell alone deals insane damage). Devouring swarm is both a defensive and offansive mechanics as casting it practicaly heals you fully at all time for a few second.

Depending on the party you may or may NOT need Healing spring, if you can afford it replace it with invigorating drain.

I use rapid regeneration instead of mutagen because i dont need a burst heal due to the massive Healing over time and instant full heal my Healing shield provide
    Edited by Kyubi_3002b16_ESO on April 8, 2014 2:09PM

• ThatHappyCat
    ThatHappyCat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Regarding Rapid Regen vs Mutagen: I'd take Mutagen. The HPS advantage Rapid Regen has over Mutagen is minor and unlikely to make much of a difference, while the low health heal from Mutagen will. Mutagen also lasts longer than Rapid Regen and overall saves more magicka.
  • Kyubi_3002b16_ESO
    Kyubi_3002b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    If the target reach low hp the buff is lost to a minor heal. Also this wont save it from a one shot regardless of having the buff or not as it does not prevent death from overdamage it just heal the target should it survive.