Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Affliction set question:

Jaraal
Jaraal
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
5 items: When you deal damage, you have a 50% chance to deal an additional 33-2838 Disease damage. This effect can occur once every 4 seconds.

So, let's say I hit a group of 5 mobs with an AOE DOT, like Caltrops, or Shooting Star. My questions are, is the 50% chance rolled five times per tick (IE: five chances of 50% to apply the proc), or is it 50% chance every four seconds on any number of DOTs, melee hits, or nukes hitting at any given moment? And will the proc hit only one target of the five, or will all five receive the extra damage? IOW: let's say I have 5 DOTS running on 8 mobs at once, is the proc chance rolled the same for 1 mob or 8, and will it hit only one mob or 8?

Thanks in advance.
RIP Bosmer Nation. 4/4/14 - 2/25/19.
  • Seraphayel
    Seraphayel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As far as I know:

You have a 50% chance to deal additional damage. You have 5 targets. The CD is 4sec.

That means:

Target 1 50% - Target 2 50% - Target 3 50% - Target 4 50% - Target 5 50%

But only once every 4 seconds.

(1+0.5)x(1+0.5)x(1+0.5)x(1+0.5)x(1+.05)-5 = 2.59 = ~ 260% chance on applying when you deal damage each second. With the 4 second CD to apply the additional damage your proc chance is ~ 65%/1s.

If the bonus is additive and not multiplicative as I calculated above (I always confuse them) it's 250% chance / 4 = 62.5%/1sec.

The damage is applied to one target every 4 seconds by a chance of ~ 62.5-65%.
    Edited by Seraphayel on February 5, 2019 6:10PM
    PS5
    EU
    Aldmeri Dominion
    - Khajiit Arcanist -
  • Jaraal
    Jaraal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So the damage is only applied to one target every four seconds, no matter how many targets are successfully hit. But, hitting more targets at once increases your chance to proc the effect on a single target. Thanks for the information!

Looks like it's a poor set for an AOE focused build, then.

Edited by Jaraal on February 5, 2019 6:19PM
    RIP Bosmer Nation. 4/4/14 - 2/25/19.
  • Seraphayel
    Seraphayel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well the set explicitly states that the effect can only trigger every 4 seconds so it is obvious that you will get 1 tick every 4 seconds as the maximum. Yes, hitting more targets at once increases your initial 50% chance but overall doesn't affect the limitation of only 1 proc per 4 seconds.
    Edited by Seraphayel on February 5, 2019 7:13PM
    PS5
    EU
    Aldmeri Dominion
    - Khajiit Arcanist -