The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Do weaknesses and additional resistances still exist in PVE?

vesselwiththepestle
vesselwiththepestle
✭✭✭✭✭
Hi!

I am reading everywhere pve mobs have 18.2k resistances.

However, in some cases players told me
- mobs can have weaknesses aka 0 resistance to some damage type
- mobs can have additional, increased resistance to some damage type

Do those weaknesses and additional resistances still exist? Is there a list, which type of mob has which weaknesses/extra resistances? Is there a way to see ingame who a mob is affected by different types of damage?

All the information I've found is years old and because all newer information are talking about 18.2k resistances and something lower for overland mobs (as which do delves and public dungeons count btw?), I don't know if the other information is still inaccurate or some old information about something which got patched out of the game long ago.
1000+ CP
PC/EU Ravenwatch Daggerfall Covenant

Give me my wings back!

Best Answer

• Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    No. They took them out in the same patch they added the sustain passive "Combustion" to dragon knights.
    Answer ✓
  • SaintSubwayy
    SaintSubwayy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    in vMA for example not every boss has 18,2K resistance

I've heard that the frst vHoF Boss has a resistance to shock, but never seen a actual number, or confirmation on that.
    PC EU
    vAA HM / vHRC HM / vSO HM / vMoL HM / vHoF HM / vAS HM / vCR HM / vSS HM / vKA HM

Flawless Conqueror / Immortal Redeemer / Dawnbringer / Griphon Heart / Master Angler / Spirit Slayer

• emily3989
    emily3989
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I know some mobs might have resistances to secondary effects (like concussion with lightning staves) but as far as something like frost mobs taking more damage from flame weapons/ abilities I don't think so.
    Thasi - V16 Magblade Vampire PC/NA