Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Lore lovers of Khajiits, help me on this question

Kuramas9tails
Kuramas9tails
✭✭✭✭✭
Are Khajiits Magic or Stam? Lore wise, I always thought they were a combination when I read the Lore and I have always felt that the passive for health regeneration should have been magic.

Although they prefer claws to weapons and use stealth, from what I read, the smaller sub races of the Khajiit used magic as opposed to the large races which used physical strength.

When I think about the races of Khajiit, I am just fascinated and find they were all a bit of everything. MOL was a great trial that added both magic and physical damage in the mix and I felt that really showed the array of knowledge they have in the art and history of the race.

To me, they are more than just a beast race. They have knowledge and understanding in the art but don't flaunt it or abuse it (such as Altmer).

Your friendly neighborhood crazy cat lady of ESO
    New PSN name: SundariTheLast. Proud seller in RedEye Empire, PURPLE GANG and Backalley Trading.
    AD High Elf Mageblade DPS (General)(Former Empress) -- Stormproof/VMOL, VHOF, VDSA completion
    AD Khajiit Mageblade DPS -- Flawless Conquerer
    FOR THE QUEEN!
    PS4/NA
    • Claudman
      Claudman
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Khajiit and Bosmer are both supposed to be a combination of the two.

Khajiiti have priests who often specialize in exorcising Dro-m'Athra and all that junk with the use of Restoration magic no doubt.

Bosmer have spinners and wardens, both who specialize in magic.

People tend to claim that both of these races should be stamina because it makes sense lorewise, but not really as these roles (Wardens, Spinners, Monks and Priests) aren't really rare or uncommon in society. Bosmer are elves and Khajiit come from elves (Bosmer specifically)...Both of these races should have a natural affinity towards magic, especially nature magic. Don't forget that the term "Betmer" is more so a derogatory term which evolved into being a scientific/cultural term to apply on the animalistic races (Argonian, Lamia, Imga, etc.). Khajiit would be more akin to elves due to their origins while something like Argonians or Lamia who are completely alien from Nirn would be something else entirely.

Now for the preference of claws? I think that depends on the Khajiit, same with magic. Khajiiti monks may prefer their claws for their martial arts styles, but a trained Khajiiti rogue or warrior would probably prefer a blade.
      Welcome, Moon-and-Star, to this place where destiny is made.

I play healers or DPS often for vet dungeons and trials (NA, CP810+). I play mostly elves or Argonians.
      I primarily play Damage-Based stuff in PvP, but occasionally I'll play something tanky or got the heals.
      I also love gaining more knowledge both metaphysical and mundane regarding TES lore.

I also occasionally role-play, but I prefer playing the game.
    • TwoHawks
      TwoHawks
      ✭✭
      This one prefers blade or bow, and uses claws only as a last resort. This one lost a claw once in a fight, as a teen kit *shudders* never want to feel that again...
      Edited by TwoHawks on February 1, 2019 10:01PM
    • zaria
      zaria
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      First the stamina / magic divide in ESO is created by an an evolving meta fueld by bad handling (removal of soft caps).
      If you look at earlier games Daggerfall to Oblivion, the division did not exist.
      The main point in the old games was that the skills you worked on became strong and the other pretty worthless, while you can swap from magic to stamina, become an tank or healer in an day zerging dolmens or doing master writs for 20 minutes.
      So Khajiit will be able to do both depending on that you want. this is an buff.

Now over to lore, Khajiit types tended to specialize, an Alfiq are tiny and have no hands, this makes it hard to work as an blacksmith or other heavy work but it don't matter much for magic. Ride an senche, put two magic DD on the back two in front with an healer in middle, yes your cavalry unit has now become an miniature battleship. This is an buff :)
      You also have larger breeds some who would be seriously tanky as in ogres, the Morrowind breed would work best as mages or thieves.

In short the new racials give us and the Dunmer an new axis of freedom we can jump according to meta or that we want.
      And yes you see lots of Khajiit/Dunmer envy.
      Grinding just make you go in circles.
      Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
    • bluebird
      bluebird
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭
      There is variety amongst the members of the race, you'll find spellcasters, priests, warriors, thieves, etc in almost all societies, so that's not an argument for racial bonuses.

The problem is that Khajiit were inexplicably buffed to be a great Stam and Mag race, while their Lunar priests have no more lore justification than Breton knights or Altmer battlereeves, which are just as important parts of those cultures. Yet we don't see Breton or Altmer gaining a significant boost to their Stamina, the same way we don't see Imperials get a boost to their Magicka despite the Nibenese being renowned battlemages including the entire Tharn clan of sorcerers, nor do we see restoration bonuses for Bosmer even though a large chunk of their population tends trees and makes plants grow.

If you had to pick one, Khajiit would be Stamina focused due to their physiological advantages - stealthy, nimble, quick reflexes and built-in weapons on their paws all give them melee advantages. And lore-wise, just because Khajiit spellcasters aren't non-existent, I wouldn't say that they are particularly versatile - no more than humans for example in any case.

From the wiki: 'Many Khajiit disdain weapons in favor of their natural claws. They make excellent thieves due to their natural agility and unmatched acrobatic abilities. Many Khajiit are also warriors, although this is mainly true of the Cathay and Cathay-raht, while the other breeds are quadrupedal - either muscular and extremely hardy or lithe and very agile. In addition to their native quickness, Khajiit have developed a natural proficiency in stealth, and have the added benefit of native night vision. These skills, combined with the general tendency of humans and elves to look down on them as "beasts," lead many Khajiit outside of their home province to become bandits or professional thieves and assassins, such as the hired Khajiit assassins from the Dark Brotherhood.'
    • ArchMikem
      ArchMikem
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      While Races have natural tendencies toward a specific aspect, sensitivity to Magicka can be found in people of ALL Races, much like individuals of all Species can be Force sensitive in Star Wars. Khajiit specifically have keen eyes and senses, and excel in precision, be that with an Arrow, Blade, or Spell.
      CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
      Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
    • Kulvar
      Kulvar
      ✭✭✭✭
      Learning and training is more important than race in the lore.
      Coward Argonian scholar of the Ebonheart Pact
    • SantieClaws
      SantieClaws
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      We are actually the third secret thing which none of the rest of you know about yes.

Yours with paws
      Santie Claws
      Shunrr's Skooma Oasis - The Movie. A housing video like no other ...
      Find it here - https://youtube.com/user/wenxue2222

Clan Claws - now recruiting khajiit and like minded others for parties, fishing and other khajiit stuff. Contact this one for an invite.

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

https://www.imperialtradingcompany.eu/