The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Trials of the Burnished scales: No healing... WHAT.

Drackolus
Drackolus
✭✭
This quest is beyond aggravating. Imagine a quest where you weren't allowed to use any ability that dealt magic damage - even if it had other effects, then threw a strong enemy at you. Of course that would be ridiculous; a large number of characters wouldn't be able to complete it without a huge overhaul of their build. And you didn't make respecs really a thing that you could do on a whim. They cost gold, and potentially grinding of skills you have absolutely no interest in. But it's a STORY quest. So, even though my character has no problem soloing any world boss, I'm not able to progress with the game because a quest arbitrarily turned my character off. Tying up my legs and arms and then beating me with a shovel isn't a challenge, it's... a beating.
  • cheeseaddict
    cheeseaddict
    ✭✭✭
    this is the most stupidest quest ever. nothing you do effects them and two hits and your dead with no healing allowed in any form. dumb, Fn DUMB.
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Leave it for now, try again at a higher level. Trials of the Burnished Scales is not a story quest, and so does not affect storyline progression.
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • Hot_spur
    Hot_spur
    ✭✭✭
    This frustrated me as well. Must have died ten times. I did what Enodoc suggests, and came back at a higher level.
  • SubtleHate
    SubtleHate
    ✭✭✭
    Sounds like a learn to play issue
  • AgriyaTheGrey
    AgriyaTheGrey
    ✭✭✭
    Sounds far more like a learn to design quests issue. Stacking the deck isn't 'challenging play'; it's a cheat, pure and simple.

IMO a well designed quest should always have alternative ways for resolution to be reached (while IMO violence shouldn't be the only way to resolve any PVE quest, there should at the very least be something in the fight area that the player can use to make the fight slightly less one-sided. A clutch of crocs you can kite him into, a bonfire you can knock him into, something. Note, less one-sided: it still doesn't have to be a level playing field.)

Rules are for the guidance of wise men and the obedience of fools.
    -Group Captain Sir Douglas Robert Steuart Bader CBE DSO DFC FRAeS DL
    If a man is correct in his own person, then there will be obedience without orders being given; but if he is not correct in his own person, there will not be obedience even though orders are given.
    -The Lun Yu
  • EleonoraCrendraven
    EleonoraCrendraven
    ✭✭✭
    As a sorcerer I summoned my storm atronach, did ranged damage and had no problems. As a templar healer things were different, I had to ask for help to get this done. So ask for help in chat. Chances are good you are not the only one who wants help with this.
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I also had trouble with this on my healer. It doesn't hurt that they don't really spell out the 'you can't heal for this fight' part beforehand. :/
    #proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
    A useful explanation for how RNG works

PC/NA ROLLBACKS AND BAN NOTIFICATIONS ANNOUNCEMENT.
  • Thorarin
    Thorarin
    ✭✭
    This quest is just beyond silly :( How can this not have been addressed during all this time?
    Even adjusting for the inability to heal as much as possible, I get maybe 15% knocked off the opponent's HP before dying.
  • Hippie4927
    Hippie4927
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    You don't have to do that quest solo. I waited for another player to come along and we did it together. It is an irritating quest.........just ask for help.
    PC/NA/EP ✌️
  • Hoarfrost
    Hoarfrost
    Soul Shriven
    Do like this:

Start the fight and lure the enemy out of the fighting arena and you will loose the effect of the poison.
    He will still be agressive, so fight him until his health is ca 25%.
    Then move the fight back to the arena and drink another poison and finish him.
    You may have to try a couple of times until you know how much health he needs to have - he need more than his "surrender" point but not enough to kill you before you kill him.
    Good luck - it worked great for me - only tried twice this way :-)
  • El_Borracho
    El_Borracho
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Hippie4927 wrote: »
    You don't have to do that quest solo. I waited for another player to come along and we did it together. It is an irritating quest.........just ask for help.

This^^^. Its also best to go ranged attacks against their ranged NPC as you can dodge the NPC attacks.
  • Kdelaney1995
    Kdelaney1995
    Soul Shriven
    I found that as long as you have the werewolf curse for any class and you morph into your werewolf state you start with full health and can easily takeout the challenger
  • melfreeman
    melfreeman
    ✭✭
    So after dying way to many times at 394 cp i tried using poisons on my weapon and this worked wonders
  • rpa
    rpa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Did this guest today on stam nb (new player levelling / whatever drops from questing gear). After I found it impossible I kept dying a while assuming there must be some kind of trick to do it. Then I went werewolf and it was trivial.
  • Humor
    Humor
    ✭✭✭
    Just finished this quest, again, though this was the time when the game hadn't just launched, or in Beta, and when everything wasn't so ridiculously scaled.

I have to say, doing this quest this time around was a pain in the ass.

If you're class revolves around healing, or you just have a low healthpool, it's almost impossible to do this quest without cheesing it.

I did as one of the people above mentioned, lured an npc out until it said I failed, and was able to heal again, got him down to about 30% health, drank the Root Rot again, and finished him off.

Why on earth you would make a quest in a game said to be highly "Solo Focused" impossible is beyond me. Either or, it's finally done, screw you Zenimax for making a *** quest.