The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Chub Loon - bring back?

FineFeathered
FineFeathered
✭✭✭
I was away when it came out the first time. I love the little creatures. I so want one... Could you please make them avail again? Shoulda had them with the Wrothgar event... but sigh* or in the crates

I so dearly want one.
  • Acrolas
    Acrolas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Variants of the loon model are possible. But as the Chub Loon was exclusively available in the Storm Atronach crate, its availability will be limited to any future reappearance of that crate season.
    signing off
  • Lylith
    Lylith
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i hope they bring them back for you.

i lucked out and got one from the storm crates when they brought them back.

one of my favorite pets. we got master angler together.
  • Mudguard
    Mudguard
    ✭✭
    I'd really like to see this pet available again too.
  • moonio
    moonio
    ✭✭✭✭
    They also need to bring back the Chubb Loon animations, it used to peck, try to fly and make cute little chirps, now mine just stands around looking dumb or sits down....
  • SantieClaws
    SantieClaws
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Khajiit would also really like to be able to obtain one of these for the Fishmas Grotto yes.

A little spot on the rocks by the waterfall awaits.

The gems from free crates are saved and ready should the flappy ice bird return in some way.

Yours with paws
    Santie Claws
    Shunrr's Skooma Oasis - The Movie. A housing video like no other ...
    Find it here - https://youtube.com/user/wenxue2222

Clan Claws - now recruiting khajiit and like minded others for parties, fishing and other khajiit stuff. Contact this one for an invite.

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

https://www.imperialtradingcompany.eu/
  • Atallanta
    Atallanta
    ✭✭✭✭
    They will bring Storm Atronach crates back at some point. You shall have your pet then :)
  • SydneyGrey
    SydneyGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wish I'd gotten one when they were available. I'd love to have one standing in my yard in Vvardenfell.
  • DanteYoda
    DanteYoda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    What is a Chub Loon?
  • Mureel
    Mureel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Briinnng back, brinnng back, bring back muh chub loon to me to meee
    Briiing back, bring back, bring back muh chub loon to me!
  • DanteYoda
    DanteYoda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    So its a Dodo bird.. Ok thanks.
  • SantieClaws
    SantieClaws
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DanteYoda wrote: »
    So its a Dodo bird.. Ok thanks.

Head to the icy parts of Wrothgar traveller.

You will see many of them standing around doing flappy bird things yes.

Yours with paws
    Santie Claws
    Shunrr's Skooma Oasis - The Movie. A housing video like no other ...
    Find it here - https://youtube.com/user/wenxue2222

Clan Claws - now recruiting khajiit and like minded others for parties, fishing and other khajiit stuff. Contact this one for an invite.

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

https://www.imperialtradingcompany.eu/
  • moonio
    moonio
    ✭✭✭✭
    I wish my chub loon pet still did flappy birdy things.
    I feel we need an official response from Zos as to why pet animations were nerfed..
    We paid good money for them so I don't see how ZOS can get away with removing features!
  • Mix
    Mix
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If we see the Storm atronach crates return, I will def snag this cutey!
  • Lylith
    Lylith
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    moonio wrote: »
    I feel we need an official response from Zos as to why pet animations were nerfed..
    We paid good money for them so I don't see how ZOS can get away with removing features!

i'm wondering if they stealth-fixed this. mine's been hopping around, flapping its wings and generally being much more lively since the last patch.

hope so, anyway.
  • Mattock_Romulus
    Mattock_Romulus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They also need to bring back the Chubb Loon animations, it used to peck, try to fly and make cute little chirps, now mine just stands around looking dumb or sits down....

Wait. So Zos nerfed the Chub Loon? Lol what next.
  • moonio
    moonio
    ✭✭✭✭
    Lylith wrote: »

i'm wondering if they stealth-fixed this. mine's been hopping around, flapping its wings and generally being much more lively since the last patch.

hope so, anyway.

I sincerely hope so! Who wants a sitting duck as a pet lol :p
    Im on console so will have to wait a little longer to check..

Thanks for the update though!!

• moonio
    moonio
    ✭✭✭✭

Wait. So Zos nerfed the Chub Loon? Lol what next.

Loads of animations have been nerfed since 2016/2017.
    I'm not sure why, only that perhaps the person who made them left and took their cool additions with them??

Or its a server load issue.

Who knows,, I just remember that some time around the launch of Morrowind the game became incredibly bland.. We all thought ZOS were intent on destroying their own game...
    This could still be true with the advent of Fallout 76..

To be honest its illegal to remove digital features that customers have paid for.. so I guess any stealth fixes would be the best approach to rectifying this matter...

out..
  • Zaglug
    Zaglug
    Soul Shriven
    Chub Loon’s animations seem fine. Mine chirps, flaps, and tries to fly. Especially near crocs. :wink:
  • moonio
    moonio
    ✭✭✭✭
    cool! I can't wait to check mine!
  • Mudguard
    Mudguard
    ✭✭
    bump, please bring it back. Will spend $$$.
  • FineFeathered
    FineFeathered
    ✭✭✭
    Necro-ing my own thread here! They did it!! For the next 4 days, you can get this for 40 gems. Doit!!!
  • SydneyGrey
    SydneyGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Necro-ing my own thread here! They did it!! For the next 4 days, you can get this for 40 gems. Doit!!!
    I now own my very own chub loon. o:)
    My world is complete now.
  • FinneganFroth
    FinneganFroth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I picked mine up yesterday. Clearly I like them based on my avatar...
  • Mudguard
    Mudguard
    ✭✭
    I got him! Totally stoked with "Chubby Boi".
  • NormaCenva
    NormaCenva
    ✭✭
    I finally have my chub loon! I missed the storm crates when they returned last time - so I'm thrilled to finally have my little waddling feathered friend.

Thank you Zos for continuing the storm crates over the weekend. I would have missed this otherwise.