Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

The Aldemeri Dominion appears to be the weakest

StarOfElyon
StarOfElyon
✭✭✭✭✭
I've noticed that whenever I enter Cyrodiil, we're losing the most ground. And when I see other's games on YouTube the case appears to be the same. I've come to the conclusion that the Aldemeri Dominion is the weakest of the three factions.

I blame the Wood Elves.
  • zyk
    zyk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Blame the turncoat Moon Die and the treacherous Anonymous Elf and the overrated actor Tom Hanks and the high on everything Keiryan! The moves they made in 2014 -- and 2015 in the case of Keiryan -- are still felt today. On PC/NA, of course.

But AD is the best faction for those who want actually good fights.
  • oXI_Viper_IXo
    oXI_Viper_IXo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    DC has the most skilled players, EP has the most players, and AD loves to reminisce about the good ol' days when we used to dominate.
  • DKMaestro
    DKMaestro
    ✭✭✭
    I love standing on the keep walls and watch as the red and blue zergs, fight each other over who gets to steamroll us yellows.

Usually I do my best Monthy Python impression and fart in their general direction, and since I cant lob cows and other livestock over the walls, at the advancing forces, I usually just throw mudpies....

I usually die a lot.
    Old man playing. Have a life, a job and only one character, which is grumpy (all the time)
  • Karivaa
    Karivaa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DC has the most skilled players, EP has the most players, and AD loves to reminisce about the good ol' days when we used to dominate.
    Pretty much. Once upon a time we were great! It’s funny but whenever we really want to defend or take a keep, sometimes, we do fantastic! Other times, not so much.
  • gepe87
    gepe87
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    AD just want to have fun.
    Gepe, Dunmer MagSorc Pact Grand Overlord | Gaepe, Bosmer MagSorc Dominion General

If you see edits on my replies: typos. English isn't my main language
  • susmitds
    susmitds
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is what happens two Stealthy races end up in one alliance. No one wants to fight.
  • TBois
    TBois
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Playing AD small scale is small scale hard mode. None of the AD archers behind you will help.
    Current Guilds: Fantasia
    Former Guilds: Decibel, Hagnado, Lemon Party

PC/NA
    T-Bois (Stam Sorc since 1.4) - AD
    An Unsettling Snowball (Templar) - AD
    Bosquecito (Stam Sorc) - DC
    Peti-T-Bois (Stamden) - AD

Youtube
  • Kikazaru
    Kikazaru
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Join PC/NA AD today and help us resist this oppression that the EP zerglords has brought upon cyrodiil! They bring their evil upon this land, and enslave innocent folk to work the fields of Morrowind. We want to bring peace and stability into the heart of Tamriel, but these savages want to conquer it for their own gains!

DC is no better! Their leaders are clueless on how to properly rule! Poor military minds lead them nowhere!
    Edited by Kikazaru on February 2, 2019 2:23AM
    Mizaru

“Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.”
  • macsmooth
    macsmooth
    ✭✭✭✭
    Queen Ayrenn is all talk when it comes to leading her forces and she realises on stealthy kats stabbing others in the back
  • Steelshiv
    Steelshiv
    ✭✭✭✭
    zyk wrote: »
    Blame the turncoat Moon Die and the treacherous Anonymous Elf and the overrated actor Tom Hanks and the high on everything Keiryan! The moves they made in 2014 -- and 2015 in the case of Keiryan -- are still felt today. On PC/NA, of course.

Omg I remember Tom Hanks. He would always one shot me when I was crossing Alessia Bridge! I miss Tom Hanks T_T
  • Steelshiv
    Steelshiv
    ✭✭✭✭
    AD zone chat on PC/NA Vivec is the best. Long live our Lord-Lady Iskra, Shepherd of Marginals, Bringer of Light!
  • Draxys
    Draxys
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    shiver cat disappeared. We’ve been adrift at sea ever since

rip decibel
  • StarOfElyon
    StarOfElyon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's the same across all platforms. Funny. The Queen has failed us.
  • OtarTheMad
    OtarTheMad
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

That wouldn’t have been so bad if other guilds like Alacrity and Noore and AJSA didn’t fall apart/switch factions as well right afterwards.

• Prince_of_all_Pugs
    Prince_of_all_Pugs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lol MOONDIE, the legendary leader of the famed skelly zerg known as DIE. It has been too long since i heard someone say his name.
  • qbit
    qbit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kikazaru wrote: »
    Join PC/NA AD today and help us resist this oppression that the EP zerglords has brought upon cyrodiil! They bring their evil upon this land, and enslave innocent folk to work the fields of Morrowind. We want to bring peace and stability in the heart of Tamriel, but these savages what to conquer it for their own gains!

DC is no better! Their leaders are clueless on how to properly rule! Poor military minds lead them nowhere!

FOR THE QUEEN!
  • Ixtyr
    Ixtyr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's mostly a time-of-day and guild-activity issue. At least on PC/NA, AD has some solid guilds and great players. They either just don't play often enough or their playtimes don't overlap with yours as much as would be ideal.
    Ixtyr Falavir - Bosmer Nightblade - Daggerfall Covenant
    Reya Falavir - Dunmer Nightblade - Aldmeri Dominion
    Kaylin Falavir - Dunmer Nightblade - Ebonheart Pact
    ---
    Alyna Falavir - Dunmer Dragonknight - Daggerfall Covenant
    Aernah Falavir - Altmer Templar - Daggerfall Covenant
    Aranis Falavir - Bosmer Sorcerer - Daggerfall Covenant
    Aerin Falavir - Bosmer Warden - Daggerfall Covenant
    Rhys Falavir - Orc Sorcerer - Aldmeri Dominion
    Rhiannon Falavir - Altmer Templar - Aldmeri Dominion
    Nenara Falavir - Argonian Warden - Aldmeri Dominion
    Neera Falavir - Orc Warden - Aldmeri Dominion
    ---
    The Ska'vyn Exchange - Guild Master
    Vehemence - Officer
    Nightfighters - Member
    -
    Ømni - Guild Master (Retired)
    ---
    Moderator of /r/elderscrollsonline
  • NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    It's not for lack of individual good players on AD. It all comes down to AD's overpopulation of gankers and archers, which are not particularly helpful for taking objectives. (The only help you are likely to get from my stamblade is a rez after you die.)

This persists despite the any alliance any race upgrade being available, or AD having the best mage race. Maybe a strong brawler khajit race next patch will help?
  • Ruckly
    Ruckly
    ✭✭✭✭
    Someday if I ever get my elf leveled I plan on running an Armor of Truth/Seventh Legion Brute/Mighty Chudan stealth tank and pop out of the shadows with Concealed Weapon and Soul Tether and w/e else. I don't think I'm going to be winning campaigns from the DC side of things because AD does a mediocre job of pushing EP.
  • steven22
    steven22
    ✭✭✭
    The problem is that AD is 90% archers and snipers doing nothing but light attack spamming. I can speak only for EU Server tho.
    Main - Char : Dandriil - Tamriel Hero, Explorer, Stormproof,Overlord

Nightblade since Beta , ESO Plus , PC EU

Proud Magicka Nightblade
  • Anrose
    Anrose
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    steven22 wrote: »
    The problem is that AD is 90% archers and snipers doing nothing but light attack spamming. I can speak only for EU Server tho.

Glad to see AD is the same no matter which side of the pond you play on.
  • IxSTALKERxI
    IxSTALKERxI
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    OtarTheMad wrote: »

That wouldn’t have been so bad if other guilds like Alacrity and Noore and AJSA didn’t fall apart/switch factions as well right afterwards.

Yeah Venatus quit at start of November 2014 when forward camps got removed.
    NA | PC | Aldmeri Dominion
    Laser Eyes AR 26 Arcanist | Stalker V AR 41 Warden | I Stalker I AR 42 NB | Stalkersaurus AR 31 Templar | Stalker Ill AR 31 Sorc | Nigel the Great of Blackwater
    Former Emperor x11 campaign cycles
    Venatus Officer | RIP RÁGE | YouTube Channel
  • Raammzzaa
    Raammzzaa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anrose wrote: »
    steven22 wrote: »

Glad to see AD is the same no matter which side of the pond you play on.

Also, the same on whichever platform you play on from what I can tell...
  • StarOfElyon
    StarOfElyon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's only going to get worse after this nerf to the High Elves. Unless the Kajiit NBs decide to turn to DKs or something. But I predict the Covenant will be a nightmare. They've got the two best stam races AND the best Templar race (Bretons). All we have to worry about from the Pact are the Argonians who just do not die.
    Edited by StarOfElyon on February 6, 2019 5:49PM
  • Prince_of_all_Pugs
    Prince_of_all_Pugs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It’s absolutely unfair that every race gets nerfed but orcs,like why in the hell would they nerf high elves?
  • Alomar
    Alomar
    ✭✭✭✭✭

When we left AD, DiE, and eventually formed Havoc AD had dominated "main campaigns" for the whole first 6+ months post launch. As AD we would log in each night pushed back to our gates and through organization and cooperation would have EP and DC back to their home keeps within a mere hour or two. This was because AD had the most hardcore pvp guilds, the bulk of the best skilled ones that were willing to play "main campaigns" at that time, and we worked together well. Sure our level of dominance on EP was unprecedented and went on for years, but it wasn't our fault the game's pvp population was declining and the better guilds on other factions who could challenge us had left or were shadows of their former self. No one but ZOS to blame for the way ESO's pvp turned out, an attempt to do anything else is childish and unproductive.
    Haxus Council Member
    Former Havoc Commander
    Former DiE officer
    Alomar: 5 Stars - Beast: 3 stars - Kurudin: 5th NA emperor
    Awaiting New World, Camelot Unchained, and Crowfall
  • Alomar
    Alomar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lol MOONDIE, the legendary leader of the famed skelly zerg known as DIE. It has been too long since i heard someone say his name.

DiE never ran more than 1 full grp and rarely got to a full group. That was the period when this game's pvp hosted 600 people per faction. If 24/600 is a zerg to you than you really haven't played many open world pvp/rvr mmo's.
    Haxus Council Member
    Former Havoc Commander
    Former DiE officer
    Alomar: 5 Stars - Beast: 3 stars - Kurudin: 5th NA emperor
    Awaiting New World, Camelot Unchained, and Crowfall
  • jaime1982
    jaime1982
    ✭✭✭✭
    Delete ad in PC-nA, or just turn their color red. They dont do anything unless ep let's them. All they do is piggy back on fights, wont try to de-EMP unless its DC (rare), and usually just troll trip keeps weather there is a scroll there or not.
    Edited by jaime1982 on February 7, 2019 4:03AM
  • Drdeath20
    Drdeath20
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ive ran into a AD healer once...
  • JamilaRaj
    JamilaRaj
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Drdeath20 wrote: »
    Ive ran into a AD healer once...

Sneaking elf with a bow is not a healer.