The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

PS4 [NA] The voice communication is unusable

Codeman1976
Codeman1976
✭✭✭
As the main title says, the voice communication channels are unusable. No matter what I do to try to use the voice chats in any channel there is nothing. Most of the time what happens is I try to join a voice channel and it simply disappears from my options. After the 6 second countdown I try to join another channel and it disappears again. I know I have a workaround by using a PSN voice chat, but this also has limits and it’s own bugs. It is a difficult thing to complete and/or compete in group content (whether it be dungeons, trials or PvP) when we don’t have communication. I love this game and I’ve been around since console launch. I would like to continue to love this game while, at the same time, being able to use the ingame voice channels. I know there are probably many other issues that need to be addressed, but please let fixing the voice channels be a top priority.
Thank you
-Codeman1976
Edited by Codeman1976 on January 31, 2019 10:04PM
PS4 NA
Codeman1976
  • Cillion3117
    Cillion3117
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My friends and I just started using PS4 chat. It's the best way around it.
  • Rehdaun
    Rehdaun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Unfortunately ps4 chat isn't always a good workaround since it only allows for 8 people. Doesn't work for trials or large pvp groups. Other options are broken eso chat or a third party app like discord voice.
  • greenmachine
    greenmachine
    ✭✭✭
    Rehdaun wrote: »
    Unfortunately ps4 chat isn't always a good workaround since it only allows for 8 people. Doesn't work for trials or large pvp groups. Other options are broken eso chat or a third party app like discord voice.

This is true but as frequently as ESO voice chat screws up (and the fact that it drops you into area chat after solo queuing for BGs) I jump into PS4 chat even if I'm playing by myself.

I remember not being able to play 7 or 8 of my characters because of the constant "DING" of the voice chat switching channels on its own, they fixed that but I haven't counted on ESO voice chat since then, making exceptions only for trial groups.

Please ZoS, take a look at this.
    greenmachine513 PS4-NA
    GM of Aldmeri People's Front
    Ionien - Altmer Mag Sorc Stormproof | Dr Jonny Fever - Breton Healplar | Bernie Dresden - Dunmer MagDK | Crushasaurus Rex - Argonian Stam DK
    Ser Greywulf - Nord DK Tank | Meow Kapwn - Khajit Magblade | Twink Versatile - Bosmer Stamblade | Loke-Tarr - Orc Stamden | Juicy Thunderthighs - Redguard Stamsorc | Frizz Grizzberg - Magden | Hax Killstealer - Dunmer Mag Sorc
    HEY HEY HEY SMOKE SKOOMA EVERYDAY
    JOIN THE APF ON PS4NA:
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/400830/aldmeri-peoples-front-recruiting-ps4na#latest

HAIL DAEDRA