The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Steam Forced Reinstallation???

MagicalLija
MagicalLija
✭✭✭✭✭
https://gyazo.com/daa176745006cc8c9ba99366475df797

Just came on to see this. Anyone else got the same issue
  • Tandor
    Tandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Try checking out the first couple of pages here, and the ESO forum on Steam.
  • MagicalLija
    MagicalLija
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tandor wrote: »
    Try checking out the first couple of pages here, and the ESO forum on Steam.

got it found another post, seems like LOADS of people are having to deal with it
  • Mattys04
    Mattys04
    ✭✭✭
    I have the same problem
  • DedEmbryonicCell19
    DedEmbryonicCell19
    ✭✭✭
    Luckily I didn't have this issue ..
  • AngryOldMan
    AngryOldMan
    ✭✭✭✭
    My game is gone, Steam is re-downloading the game and the non-Steam Client (im pre-2016 so i have that) is now trying to install the game. Somehow Steam have deleted the gamefiles that allready was on my computer in its attempt to re-download the game.
  • JacobCora
    JacobCora
    ✭✭
    I have the same problem :( The game is currently downloading... :(

Another month I won't be able to collect all the dailly reawrds...
  • Wolfkeks
    Wolfkeks
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jup, have to redownload.
    Seems like quite a few peeps have the problem.
    "Sheggorath, you are the Skooma Cat, for what is crazier than a cat on skooma?" - Fadomai
    EU PC 2000+ CP professional mudballer and pie thrower
    Former Emperor, Grand Overlord, vAA hm, vHelRa hm, vSO hm, vMoL hm, vHoF hm, vAS+2, vCR+3, vSS hm, vKA, vRG, Flawless Conquerer, Spirit Slayer
  • Kagukan
    Kagukan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thankfully I stopped the stupid long DL in time before any files were deleted. I bought the base game from ZOS for $20 and got right in using ESO64.EXE. $20 is worth never having to deal with Steam issues ever again.
  • JumpmanLane
    JumpmanLane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Kagukan wrote: »
    Thankfully I stopped the stupid long DL in time before any files were deleted. I bought the base game from ZOS for $20 and got right in using ESO64.EXE. $20 is worth never having to deal with Steam issues ever again.

I did too but kept using steam for the no password typing login. Had to uninstall and reinstall thanks to steam. Will never use Their launcher again.
    Edited by JumpmanLane on January 31, 2019 11:59PM
  • rcfrHunter
    rcfrHunter
    Soul Shriven
    Kagukan wrote: »

I might do the same thing: outdated, infinitely loading launchers are starting to annoy me lol.
    Wondering if I can keep my Steam progress though (not that it matters all that much since i only had one or two level 50 characters)
  • russelmmendoza
    russelmmendoza
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Now I can only play after 12hrs of dl.
    Might not want to play if this keeps up.
    Well sat n sun is gonna my playday for eso.

You see, bethesda believes the country called the Philippines dont exist.
    Steam recognizes our country so I buy through them.
    Welph thats that.
  • Thevampirenight
    Thevampirenight
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I think its a steam sever glitch, once had that problem with Neverwinter and Divinity Original sin 2. The game files are still there but steam does not seem to know that and forces a reinstall if there is ways of fixing it without having to do that. I would do it if I were you when it comes to Eso given its size I am glad this did not effect me on Eso.
    Edited by Thevampirenight on February 1, 2019 1:36AM
    PC NA
    Please add Fangs to Vampires.
  • Thevampirenight
    Thevampirenight
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Well someone posted this on the other thread.
    Since I've had an issue like this happen before with other games. I saved it for future reference and I will kjust copy and past that text here. Since it could be solution and might be whats causing the issue.

Close all Steam and ESO programs and make sure it's closed via Task Manager. Open Windows Explorer and navigate to your steamapps folders. By default it's Program Files x86 --> Steam --> steamapps. In that folder you will find several files named appmanifest_xxxx with the xxxx being numbers. You will see a file numbered 306130. Copy that file to your desktop for backup purposes.

Open 306130 found in your steamapps folder using wordpad or whichever file editor you have (wordpad lists it line by line as compared to notepad) and in your first few lines you will see:
    "AppState"
    {
    "appid" "306130"
    "Universe" "1"
    "name" "The Elder Scrolls Online"
    "StateFlags" "4"

It is StateFlags you are looking for and StateFlags as above should show "4". If it shows "36", change it to 4, save it and startup Steam again. If it shows "128" and changing it to 4 fails then you have a corruption somewhere and need to reinstall the game unfortunately. Any number other than 4 tells Steam the game files are not all or correctly downloaded even if you know they are.

If that all fails you may have a corruption in your Steam program files and possibly need to uninstall and then reinstall the Steam client. If you have to do that make sure you first go to x86-->Steam and copy the steamapp folder and userdata folder (you should do this as a backup anyway) so that you can simply copy them back when the Steam client finishes reinstalling. Otherwise you have to download all of your Steam games again.
    Edited by Thevampirenight on February 1, 2019 1:44AM
    PC NA
    Please add Fangs to Vampires.
  • Jameliel
    Jameliel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Followed the steam beta advice and after redownloading the game, am getting the error 209 patch manifest problem. Have tried every single method of fixing with no luck so far. Am on the final method I can find which is deleting all the .version files and letting it update. Seems stuck at the moment. Am close to uninstalling and requesting a refund. This BS should not be happening in 2019.
    Edited by Jameliel on February 1, 2019 3:04AM
  • rptrainer
    rptrainer
    ✭✭
    If the thread is still alive, I have the same problem as well. I followed something like steam client beta. After that, I just restarted steam then voila no re downloads.
  • rumple9
    rumple9
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I reinstalled today and back to normal. While steam does have its issues I much prefer the one click login
  • Jameliel
    Jameliel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Its reinstalling the game again..unbelievable.
  • Crixus8000
    Crixus8000
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It happened to me too. It was so annoying having to download the entire oversized game AND the pts all over again.
  • JumpmanLane
    JumpmanLane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Jameliel wrote: »

Hey Jameliel. I uninstalled then just reinstalled. If you haven’t pay Bethesda for the base game and never launch Steam’s launcher again. It’s what I did.

I logged out to watch a movie a couple days ago and came back to this crap. Uninstalled and let it reinstall while I slept. Went to work came back and Steam had an hours worth of updating. I was so pissed. Didn’t even play once I could. Logged in, got the daily, logged out.

ZOS is deathly silent throughout this issue. They don’t seem to realize that crap like this makes people not want to play their game AT ALL.
  • Jameliel
    Jameliel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jameliel wrote: »

Hey Jameliel. I uninstalled then just reinstalled. If you haven’t pay Bethesda for the base game and never launch Steam’s launcher again. It’s what I did.

I logged out to watch a movie a couple days ago and came back to this crap. Uninstalled and let it reinstall while I slept. Went to work came back and Steam had an hours worth of updating. I was so pissed. Didn’t even play once I could. Logged in, got the daily, logged out.

ZOS is deathly silent throughout this issue. They don’t seem to realize that crap like this makes people not want to play their game AT ALL.

After it took all day yesterday and last night to redownload, just to get the lame error, I'm about through. Its downloading yet again, which will take until tomorrow. If it doesn't work, I'm asking for a refund and uninstalling. This is stupid for a 5 year old game. The same issues popping up over and over again. It's the ONLY game this happens with, and they say nothing.
  • coop500
    coop500
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Well someone posted this on the other thread.
    Since I've had an issue like this happen before with other games. I saved it for future reference and I will kjust copy and past that text here. Since it could be solution and might be whats causing the issue.

Close all Steam and ESO programs and make sure it's closed via Task Manager. Open Windows Explorer and navigate to your steamapps folders. By default it's Program Files x86 --> Steam --> steamapps. In that folder you will find several files named appmanifest_xxxx with the xxxx being numbers. You will see a file numbered 306130. Copy that file to your desktop for backup purposes.

Open 306130 found in your steamapps folder using wordpad or whichever file editor you have (wordpad lists it line by line as compared to notepad) and in your first few lines you will see:
    "AppState"
    {
    "appid" "306130"
    "Universe" "1"
    "name" "The Elder Scrolls Online"
    "StateFlags" "4"

It is StateFlags you are looking for and StateFlags as above should show "4". If it shows "36", change it to 4, save it and startup Steam again. If it shows "128" and changing it to 4 fails then you have a corruption somewhere and need to reinstall the game unfortunately. Any number other than 4 tells Steam the game files are not all or correctly downloaded even if you know they are.

If that all fails you may have a corruption in your Steam program files and possibly need to uninstall and then reinstall the Steam client. If you have to do that make sure you first go to x86-->Steam and copy the steamapp folder and userdata folder (you should do this as a backup anyway) so that you can simply copy them back when the Steam client finishes reinstalling. Otherwise you have to download all of your Steam games again.

This ended up working for me, so thanks a TON
    Wishing for Lilmothiit race still! Or maybe Lilmothiit companion?