The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Im sick of my rerollness

Goyah
Goyah
✭✭✭
Hello everyone,

I am playing ESO since beta, and i have a huge issue :

I am always making reroll, like ALWAYS.

Always trying to make a character thinking what would i be in this world : for 2 days i will be all magic doing sorcerer and after that thinking "nah magic sucks i like bow now"
There you bosmer archer for a week, etc, etc.

Am i the only one here with this sickness, if not what do you for curing this?

I envy so much the people who made one character and did everything with it, i just cant :neutral:

Thanks for help :smile:
  • myskyrim26
    myskyrim26
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Same problem. I made myself stop. I thought of how much progress I have for 3 years - quests done, lore learned? And the result was bad: not a single zone completely done except the very starting islands! I was jumping all this time. So, I decided to create one last character and do all I want just with him. I bought him additional outfit slots - this will make me think twice if I want to reroll again...
  • keevil111
    keevil111
    ✭✭✭✭
    Goyah wrote: »
    Hello everyone,

Always trying to make a character thinking what would i be in this world : for 2 days i will be all magic doing sorcerer and after that thinking "nah magic sucks i like bow now"

I envy so much the people who made one character and did everything with it, i just cant :neutral:

There you are! I knew there was at least one other person like me.

I do have a main character but I absolutely cannot seem to get to the CP cap. I just roll a new character and lvl that one up halfway then I make another. Over and over and over.

I have 7 that I play on. I cannot just play one...It's like an itch that can't be scratched.

My endgame is creating a build, farming for gear and filling out all the skills I want. Then I finish it and I play for a day or two and then "NEXT." lol

The only cure I know of is just play what you want. If something sucks, "delete". If it's fun, let it live for while :)
    PS4 NA
  • CaiWenji
    CaiWenji
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm the same way. I am collecting bookcases from the level 18 level up reward. Not impressive numbers but I think I have 7 or 8 bookcases just from my last 2 character spots I keep remaking.
  • Zaketh
    Zaketh
    ✭✭✭
    There is NO cure for altoholism; and none needed!
    Can't tell you how many alts I've had in numerous games.
    As Keevil above said "if it's fun, let it live..."

And I'm having a blast so far. Played PC from beta until a few years ago. Would log in from time to time, but meh
    Now I'm on the PS4, only have 2 characters at the moment. But this time I'm enjoying the play.
    Sometimes I'll just stop in mid-gallop and look around, thinking where I'd build my house if I could.
    The scenery alone is worth the subscription, in my opinion.
    I have no intention of hurrying to endgame
    Been there; done that in other MMORPGs and still have the headache.

Savor the day
    NA PS4
  • KMarble
    KMarble
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    One of the things I like the most in ESO is that different people play the game differently. There is no right or wrong. Maybe creating new chars and trying different rolls, races and skills is what you like doing, so enjoy it.

I'm the opposite and have a hard time getting away from the "tried and true", but I appreciate people who are more flexible and can play any style.

Sorry, the above wasn't helpful, but I suspect the following isn't going to be helpful to you either.

- make a crafter char. Set a goal to get master crafter with it. This might force you to go out with that char and grind exp and skyshards.
    - why do you quit with one char and start another? Is it because the leveling is frustrating or because the grass is greener (you want to try different skills)? Maybe knowing the answer to that will help you stick to one/few char(s).
  • Tandor
    Tandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It depends. There's a massive difference between rolling multiple characters (good) and sticking to one character that you constantly re-roll (bad).

• randomkeyhits
    randomkeyhits
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    keevil111 wrote: »
    Hello everyone,

There you are! I knew there was at least one other person like me.

I do have a main character but I absolutely cannot seem to get to the CP cap. I just roll a new character and lvl that one up halfway then I make another. Over and over and over.

I have 7 that I play on. I cannot just play one...It's like an itch that can't be scratched.

My endgame is creating a build, farming for gear and filling out all the skills I want. Then I finish it and I play for a day or two and then "NEXT." lol

The only cure I know of is just play what you want. If something sucks, "delete". If it's fun, let it live for while :)

Don't forget one you level one to 50 its then contributing to the account CP so your main character benefits as well.
    EU PS4
  • shadyjane62
    shadyjane62
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I confess. I am an altoholic.
  • keevil111
    keevil111
    ✭✭✭✭
    I mean, I've been playing since '16... back in the VR days. Still only seven sixty something CP... lol
    PS4 NA
  • Kuramas9tails
    Kuramas9tails
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Talk to your loved ones if you suspect Altoholism.
      Your friendly neighborhood crazy cat lady of ESO
      New PSN name: SundariTheLast. Proud seller in RedEye Empire, PURPLE GANG and Backalley Trading.
      AD High Elf Mageblade DPS (General)(Former Empress) -- Stormproof/VMOL, VHOF, VDSA completion
      AD Khajiit Mageblade DPS -- Flawless Conquerer
      FOR THE QUEEN!
      PS4/NA
    • Vaerth
      Vaerth
      ✭✭✭✭
      Hello everyone,

I have a real hard time with this as well, but that is because I love class skills but hate using a staff. It angers me to no end that weapon damage does not scale to higher stat. If I want to roll magicka skills with a 2H or DW, why not allow it to work well enough to be viable?

I also love 1H&S, however I do not know the dungeons well enough to tank. You would think I could just use this anyway with 7 medium armor, and NB skill morphs for stamina. That on paper would sound like (without the taunt skill) it would be no problem at all. Yet people will kick you from dungeon if you have a shield as DPS, even if you use other Stamina spams.

Sucks. But what can we do?
      Pact Bloodwraith
    • Goyah
      Goyah
      ✭✭✭
      Vaerth wrote: »
      Hello everyone,

I have a real hard time with this as well, but that is because I love class skills but hate using a staff. It angers me to no end that weapon damage does not scale to higher stat. If I want to roll magicka skills with a 2H or DW, why not allow it to work well enough to be viable?

I also love 1H&S, however I do not know the dungeons well enough to tank. You would think I could just use this anyway with 7 medium armor, and NB skill morphs for stamina. That on paper would sound like (without the taunt skill) it would be no problem at all. Yet people will kick you from dungeon if you have a shield as DPS, even if you use other Stamina spams.

Sucks. But what can we do?

Yeah i understand you very well, 1h&s and Archery are not viable alone for dps, that make me a little bit sad too.

Thanks all for your answers and confession lol, i feel a little bit alone now, didnt even know there was a word for it.

Im French and 5 years after, i just understand that english forums are the forums where more than 25 people are, and its very cool to chat with you all, thanks!
    • Odnoc
      Odnoc
      ✭✭✭✭
      Could never get into alts, too much to do and if I am spending time leveling I'll never get any of it accomplished...
    • phairdon
      phairdon
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭
      Also make alts and end up deleting them. Latest two were a magicka nightblade and a magicka dk. Created a bosmer stambow/blade. I'll delete the bosmer when the necromancer class releases.
      Your immersion is breaking my entitlement. Buff Sorc's. Darkshroud the cremator Death by furRubeus BlackFluffy knight BladesThe Fat PantherPsijic Fungal SausageFlesheater the VileCaspian Rafferty FernsbyArchfiend Warlock PiersThe Black BishopEvil Wizard Lizard (EU)Neberra Vestige Fajeon (EU)Salanis Deathstick (EU)Blood Mage Alchemist (EU)
    • dem0n1k
      dem0n1k
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      We can have a total of 15 character slots & we have 5 classes with a stam or mag morph.. so a total of 10 classes. So just make at least one of each & jump between them! :D I've been doing that & I have a full 15 character roster where the last 2 positions tend to be created & deleted quite often. Often just because I want to play with the character generator! LOL

I have 13 characters @ lvl50 (stam & mag morph of every class with a couple of extras where I wanted a different race)... I also have 1009CP.

Variety is the spice of life! :D
      NA Server [PC] -- Mostly Ebonheart Pact, Mostly.
    • Kel
      Kel
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      I made a magicka/stamina version of every class. Just so if I'm feeling stamplar, I can do that, or if I feel like mag sorc, I can do that...all while not having to spend gold to respec one character.
      It just works for me. Necromancer will be the same. Already have two slots ready...
    • Tasear
      Tasear
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      CaiWenji wrote: »
      I'm the same way. I am collecting bookcases from the level 18 level up reward. Not impressive numbers but I think I have 7 or 8 bookcases just from my last 2 character spots I keep remaking.

Why not just buy them?
    • IronWooshu
      IronWooshu
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      I use to be an altoholic and I think it stems from my in decisivisness in life. I overcame smoking and quit cold turkey over 10 years ago. I did the same for my in game choices, I stopped worrying what's best, what's worse and I chose a Nord Warden, I have PVP on him as a Magicka Warden, then changed him to Stamina. I main tank in PVE and I have this character only.

How I overcame being a altoholic? Will power and self control to not start over.

The urge will always be there like when smelling cigarette smoke to a ex smoker but it's all will power after you quit to remain quit.
      Edited by IronWooshu on February 1, 2019 3:23AM
    • Goyah
      Goyah
      ✭✭✭
      dem0n1k wrote: »
      We can have a total of 15 character slots & we have 5 classes with a stam or mag morph.. so a total of 10 classes. So just make at least one of each & jump between them! :D I've been doing that & I have a full 15 character roster where the last 2 positions tend to be created & deleted quite often. Often just because I want to play with the character generator! LOL

I have 13 characters @ lvl50 (stam & mag morph of every class with a couple of extras where I wanted a different race)... I also have 1009CP.

Variety is the spice of life! :D

The problem is not about the class but the character in general, even the race are important to me, more as RP than for any optimization.

But yes you are right.
      IronWooshu wrote: »
      I use to be an altoholic and I think it stems from my in decisivisness in life. I overcame smoking and quit cold turkey over 10 years ago. I did the same for my in game choices, I stopped worrying what's best, what's worse and I chose a Nord Warden, I have PVP on him as a Magicka Warden, then changed him to Stamina. I main tank in PVE and I have this character only.

How I overcame being a altoholic? Will power and self control to not start over.

The urge will always be there like when smelling cigarette smoke to a ex smoker but it's all will power after you quit to remain quit.

Yeah i think i will have to accept it, and choose one no to leave behind.

Thanks!
    • General_Zeranth
      General_Zeranth
      ✭✭✭✭
      Hi my name is Gen and I have Altoholism. I delete old alts and make news ones so I can go fishing again and get the Master Angler title. xD

So yes OP I feel you on this one. One week I'll be a magsorc to fish, then a magblade, then a stamsorc, then a stamden, and on and on it goes. Poor deleted alts. I could fill the entire state I live in with headstones for my poor deleted alts... :cry:
      Xbox - NA

Self confessed Master Angler title chaser.

Titles Earned: 10/∞
    • ArchMikem
      ArchMikem
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      That might be an issue with people who insist on a single Character. That's why I have one per Class. I get to experience mostly every playstyle with minimal changes.
      CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
      Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
    • validifyedneb18_ESO
      validifyedneb18_ESO
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Same here somwhat.

My Frostden is about 5 months old now and im starting to look at rolling a bleed build (trying to get a bleed build that can hit 30-35k ST for PVE on PTS atm).

Ive done about 40% of all achievements on my Frostden and likely will not achieve anything that high on another character again, atleast not without another 1-2 year break from this game.

I think beyond a certain point its about the content you want to do, aim for acheivements, pvp ranks, vMA weps, gear sets, 50k+ dps etc.. FrostDen hits 25k on PVP setup for PVE, waiting for next week on the PTS when EU characters are copied over to try seeing if I can make a easy-to-get PVE version of the build.
      EU: Magden, Magknight, Stamsorc(*2), Magsorc
      NA: Magplar, Magden, PotatoBlade
    • Zacuel
      Zacuel
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Just remember that time enjoyed is not time wasted. Whether you play one character or twelve.
    • OolongSnakeTea
      OolongSnakeTea
      ✭✭✭✭
      All my alts are subject to this, truth be told. But I have my main-stays (IE: My main tank, my main stam DPS, my main Magi DPS, and my main healer)- that never die. I have a full 15 slot account, and everyone's been deleted at least one point in their lives save for the main-stays.

I have my stam sorc which I get all my achievements on, do all the quests/skyshards/books ect (even though she doesn't need it, I just have this pokemon syndrome and gotta complete it all).
      "I try to create sympathy for my characters, then turn the monsters loose."– Stephen King

• Seraphayel
      Seraphayel
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      I've got exactly the same problem since launch, so for more than 4 years now.

I can't decide. It changes all the time like you said.

Two weeks ago I deleted all my level 50 characters on console (overall 6 or 7 I think) just because I couldn't identify with one of them aymore and started all over.

At the moment loving my Khajiit Sorcerer, let's see how long that's going to last...
      PS5
      EU
      Aldmeri Dominion
      - Khajiit Arcanist -
    • HappyLittleTree
      HappyLittleTree
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Well no I still stick with my day 1 nb mag argonian.
      Thuu chakkuth lod Hajhiit c’oo? Hajhiit gortsuquth gorihuth thuu gooluthduj thdeitoluu!

XBox-EU
    • HappyLittleTree
      HappyLittleTree
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Since 4 y
      Thuu chakkuth lod Hajhiit c’oo? Hajhiit gortsuquth gorihuth thuu gooluthduj thdeitoluu!

XBox-EU