Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

What happens to keeps when campaign resets?

Azurephoenix999
Azurephoenix999
✭✭✭✭✭
Do they stay owned by the alliances that had them when the reset happened? Does each one reset to being owned by they're originally a part of?

What about Emperorship? Is Emperorship automatically taken once the campaign resets? What if one alliance has all 6 keeps on reset? Can someone in that alliance become emperor without having to wait until another alliance captures all 6 keeps then recapture them?
Guildmaster of Spectral Liberty - Xbox One - European Megaserver

Best Answers

• TerraDewBerry
    TerraDewBerry
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    When the campaign resets, everything that each faction owns stays just the same. Nothing changes. Whoever has emp (if someone does), stays emp until they are de-emped. If a faction is able to have emp, all their home keeps, and several other objectives from opposing factions and can keep it until the first evaluation of the new campaign.. they are in really good shape to start off the new campaign.

To their credit, EP on Vivec NA understands this concept very well. I don't know how many times I have been in Vivec a few hours before the new campaign and EP is taking the map and going for emp.

I have tried a few times to explain to some people in my faction that we should be trying to do that as well... or, at the very least.. stop EP from doing it. Often, my words fall on deaf ears. :'(

TL:DR When the campaign ends in an hour and EP has emp, all their own keeps, and several AD & DC objectives.. that is not the time for DC to go and attack AD..... :/ I'm not saying that happens all the time.. but it has happened more times than it should.
    Edited by TerraDewBerry on February 1, 2019 6:37AM
    Answer ✓
  • Merlin13KAGL
    Merlin13KAGL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    When the campaign resets, everything that each faction owns stays just the same. Nothing changes. Whoever has emp (if someone does), stays emp until they are de-emped. If a faction is able to have emp, all their home keeps, and several other objectives from opposing factions and can keep it until the first evaluation of the new campaign.. they are in really good shape to start off the new campaign.

To their credit, EP on Vivec NA understand this concept very well. I don't know how many times I have been in Vivec a few hours before the new campaign and EP is taking the map and going for emp.

I have tried a few times to explain to some people in my faction that we should be trying to do that as well... or, at the very least.. stop EP from doing it. Often, my words fall on deaf ears. :'(

Appreciate the info. So, I'm in EP, and EP owns basically the entire map, and we have an emperor. If the current emp needs to be dethroned before I can become Emperor, then if I want to push for Emp, I have to get in the lead, stay in the lead until we've lost all 6 emp keeps, then recapture every last one? Wow...I really wish we could usurp our own Emperors.
    Assassination tends to lend itself to treason.

Treason tends to be frowned upon, and when you did take the throne, someone else would be looking to do the same to you.

Just because you don't like the way something is doesn't necessarily make it wrong...

Earn it.

IRL'ing for a while for assorted reasons, in forum, and in game.
    I am neither warm, nor fuzzy...
    Probably has checkbox on Customer Service profile that say High Aggro, 99% immunity to BS
    Answer ✓
  • TerraDewBerry
    TerraDewBerry
    ✭✭✭✭✭

To their credit, EP on Vivec NA understand this concept very well. I don't know how many times I have been in Vivec a few hours before the new campaign and EP is taking the map and going for emp.

Appreciate the info. So, I'm in EP, and EP owns basically the entire map, and we have an emperor. If the current emp needs to be dethroned before I can become Emperor, then if I want to push for Emp, I have to get in the lead, stay in the lead until we've lost all 6 emp keeps, then recapture every last one? Wow...I really wish we could usurp our own Emperors.

Yup.. that's what you have to do. However, if you are trying for emp right at the start of a new campaign it's a little easier (I think), because all player ranks do reset.. so you just need to really come out strong at the first evaluation and hold your position until the current emp is de-emped and then you retake all six keeps.

The reason I think it is easier to emp at the beginning of a campaign over doing it at the end is because whoever is in 1st place at the end has had to fight for the position all through the entire campaign.
    Answer ✓
  • Azurephoenix999
    Azurephoenix999
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Guildmaster of Spectral Liberty - Xbox One - European Megaserver