The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Sweetspots for Stats

thedude33
thedude33
✭✭✭✭✭
Having a tough time killing anything recently using a bow on my stamblade. Get someone down to 20% and that's about it. I just seem to be doing less damage. I was thinking maybe my stats aren't balanced?

Currently have:
37.2 Stam
41.8% Crit
2965 WD with Rally
14,678 Pen
1v1 Win/Loss Record in PvP.
1 Wins - 392 Losses (guy was AFK)

• Slack
    Slack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm usually doing no CP pvp and always aim for (at least) 30k Stamina and 3k weapon damage.
    Your stats look OK, maybe you got to fix your ability bars
    PC EU
    Betty Breeze - Magwarden
    Hunts S'hitblades - Stamplar
    Aschavi - Magplar
  • Flame_of_Hades
    Flame_of_Hades
    ✭✭✭
    honestly? on a stamina toon? less max stam and more weapon damage.. 3k (im assuming for cp) is really low. my stam sorc hits 3.6k with major brut and full proc on briar and 7th legion its ~5k, in no-cp... granted i have 24k max stamina and 2k recovery...
  • Brrrofski
    Brrrofski
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    The weapon damage is low but overall it's decent damage. How are you at that much pen by the way? Invest less in that and more in weapon damage.

It's probably your rotation or playstyle. Like, you can kill be in 2 seconds flat with a bow if you gank. Sustained damage thoigh is kinda meh. The only burst damage skill is so easy to avoid unless you're in stealth or outnumbering someone.
    Edited by Brrrofski on January 29, 2019 5:56PM
  • thedude33
    thedude33
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Slack wrote: »
    I'm usually doing no CP pvp and always aim for (at least) 30k Stamina and 3k weapon damage.
    Your stats look OK, maybe you got to fix your ability bars

Definitely lack of skill is a factor.

• thedude33
    thedude33
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    honestly? on a stamina toon? less max stam and more weapon damage.. 3k (im assuming for cp) is really low. my stam sorc hits 3.6k with major brut and full proc on briar and 7th legion its ~5k, in no-cp... granted i have 24k max stamina and 2k recovery...

I think I will change my mundu from pen to either stamina or weapon damage.

Thanks

• thedude33
    thedude33
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Brrrofski wrote: »
    The weapon damage is low but overall it's decent damage. How are you at that much pen by the way? Invest less in that and more in weapon damage.

It's probably your rotation or playstyle. Like, you can kill be in 2 seconds flat with a bow if you gank. Sustained damage thoigh is kinda meh. The only burst damage skill is so easy to avoid unless you're in stealth or outnumbering someone.

I only use bow 90% of the time. I took a month off to play my NB healer and honestly I had no fear of snipers. They couldn't hurt me. The only time I had trouble was the stealth spammers that grinded you down with 2 shots ..stealth ..2 shots..stealth. I actually tried that lst night and killed a Warden that way.

When I came back to my sniper last week I noticed that things seemed to have changed. A couple of situations I started to walk away 'knowing' I had the kill, only to find they didn't die. Many now to get 20% health or so where before they died.

I have lots of Pen in CP, I have Pen Mundus, I have a Pen bow and wear Spriggans.

• Berenhir
    Berenhir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I heard that anything below 3k unbuffed weapon damage is rather a meme than a real build, just saying.
    PC EU - Ebonheart Pact - Gray Host - Death Recap -#zergfarming -
  • thedude33
    thedude33
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Berenhir wrote: »
    I heard that anything below 3k unbuffed weapon damage is rather a meme than a real build, just saying.

I use Automation, so in theory my WD should be 400 more than is listed?

I just started the research on Infused Trait for jewelry . That should bump up the WD a bit.

• Heimpai
    Heimpai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My stamblade has 34-35k stam 4.3-5k wd and 2.6-3k regen, the numbers fluctuate due to me constantly changing skills

My wd unbuffed is just over 3.4k

The bow bar however is about 4k buffed
  • thedude33
    thedude33
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Heimpai wrote: »
    My stamblade has 34-35k stam 4.3-5k wd and 2.6-3k regen, the numbers fluctuate due to me constantly changing skills

No idea how you guys get those kind of stats.

• Berenhir
    Berenhir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    thedude33 wrote: »

E.g. Shackle Bone Pirate 2h nirnhoned, infused bow with WD enchantment, 3x infused WD, warrior, 5 medium.

Or spriggan, alchemist, truth, senche or any other stamblade meta set...
    PC EU - Ebonheart Pact - Gray Host - Death Recap -#zergfarming -
  • ccmedaddy
    ccmedaddy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Correct. However, you shouldn't be running Automaton on a stamblade because the majority of stamblade skills deal disease damage, which is different from physical dmg and therefore is not buffed by Automaton.

You'd be much better off running something like Spriggans and spec everything else (e.g. mundus, jewelry glyph) into weapon damage.

edit: Oh wait I didn't realize you're using a bow build. I guess Auto might be good in this case? Idk.
    Edited by ccmedaddy on January 30, 2019 1:15AM
  • thedude33
    thedude33
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Berenhir wrote: »

E.g. Shackle Bone Pirate 2h nirnhoned, infused bow with WD enchantment, 3x infused WD, warrior, 5 medium.

Or spriggan, alchemist, truth, senche or any other stamblade meta set...

I didn't include the WD proc from weapon in my base stats. I definitely can improve the WD with infused Jewelry at the expense of some stam.

I kind of thought Spriggan/Automation was a good combo. I do have some Senche stored. Use it instead of Automation. Lose 100 WD or so but gain 650 crit. Dunno

• thedude33
    thedude33
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ccmedaddy wrote: »
    Correct. However, you shouldn't be running Automaton on a stamblade because the majority of stamblade skills deal disease damage, which is different from physical dmg and therefore is not buffed by Automaton.

You'd be much better off running something like Spriggans and spec everything else (e.g. mundus, jewelry glyph) into weapon damage.

edit: Oh wait I didn't realize you're using a bow build. I guess Auto might be good in this case? Idk.

Yea, I only use Draining Shot, Focused Aim, Heavy\Light attack. Flawless Dawnbreaker and Ambush. All Physical attacks

• Lichbourne90
    Lichbourne90
    ✭✭✭
    Your stats are fine, but like mentioned swap the lover stone to warrior. Will be better overall especially for your heals. The problem you're running into is that alot of people are wearing sets like pirate skeleton and pariah making them very hard to finish off. In this new slow meta everyone just said screw it and went tanky as ****
  • thedude33
    thedude33
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Your stats are fine, but like mentioned swap the lover stone to warrior. Will be better overall especially for your heals. The problem you're running into is that alot of people are wearing sets like pirate skeleton and pariah making them very hard to finish off. In this new slow meta everyone just said screw it and went tanky as ****

Yea, I think my stats are fine now. I have added 900 WD, which does help. You're right though about the tanky meta. Combine that with my less than average ability and it makes it real tough to solo someone down consistently. I have reverted to the plunk and stealth style to whittle people down. Finally found an efficient way to stealth quicker and it's working well.