The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

The problem of ESO dungeons

Cekercaro
Cekercaro
✭✭✭
At the moment ESO has a problem of misunderstanding between the players who go into the dungeons for story and those who just want to get the needed part of item set.
I think there're two solutions to it that ZOS should consider:
1) To implement "story" filter so that the group finder would put set-hunting players and those who enable this filter into different groups
2) To change group finding tool so that it would put players into different groups depending on whether they've completed the quest of the dungeon or not.
  • shack80
    shack80
    ✭✭✭
    Cekercaro wrote: »
    At the moment ESO has a problem of misunderstanding between the players who go into the dungeons for story and those who just want to get the needed part of item set.
    1) To implement "story" filter so that the group finder would put set-hunting players and those who enable this filter into different groups
    2) To change group finding tool so that it would put players into different groups depending on whether they've completed the quest of the dungeon or not.

Even without those filters it is hard to find groups thru the finder if you are queing as a dd. So if you add those filter I think it will only increase the already long quetime even more. I suggest that if you que for just the story do it on normal.
  • Merlin13KAGL
    Merlin13KAGL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    This absolutely didn't need a new thread.

Find three other people in chat that want the quest, container, or casual run.
    Queue.
    Profit.

The Dungeon Finder only potentially guarantees a clear. Nothing more. Nothing less. If you have any other specifications or goals, run a premade.
    Just because you don't like the way something is doesn't necessarily make it wrong...

Earn it.

IRL'ing for a while for assorted reasons, in forum, and in game.
    I am neither warm, nor fuzzy...
    Probably has checkbox on Customer Service profile that say High Aggro, 99% immunity to BS
  • Grianasteri
    Grianasteri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cekercaro wrote: »

I am opposed to anything that splits up the player base and thus increases matchmaking time, which I think this idea would.

The answer is for folk hunting sets or just wanting a dungeon finished asap for xp or whatever other reason they have for speed running..., to just have a little patience. Stop being a d*k and wait just a few minutes in total for players who need the story mission, that's all it takes, a few minutes.