The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8100050/#Comment_8100050

DK Wings (Reflect) - the best flat damage buff in the game

Enzym3
Enzym3
✭✭
So this is a final attempt at clarity - DK wings have been adding to your skill tool tips a huge damage buff which is larger than major brutality and is not tied to any major/minor buff - i have asked about this for years now with not even an acknowledgement that it is happening, yet with every patch nothing has changed so i assume it is correct right?

The confusing part is how come hardly anyone seems to know about it? I don't have access to a screenshot right now, but go ahead and look at your skills before casting wings and then look at them for the 6 seconds that your wing are up and then you'll see exactly what i am talking about, followed by an ''OMG''.

Is this right? is this wrong? or wtf?

would be nice to finally get some clarity on this.
  • Bashev
    Bashev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    OK give the screenshot cause I dont know what are you talking about.
    Because I can!
  • Checkmath
    Checkmath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bashev wrote: »

He thinks, that casting reflective scales somehow buffs his attacks.
    There is no passive, which increases any damage when using reflective scales tough. Minor brutality only comes from earthen heart abilities passively.
    At this point, I need to ask OP if this happens only when he casts reflective scales or if ot happens, when he reflects an actual projectile. If it is the second, it may be, that he reflected an enemy light attack, which can cause the proc of a weapon damage enchant on his own weapon, since reflected light attacks somehow counts as your own light attack.
    Edited by Checkmath on January 30, 2019 10:03AM
  • Bashev
    Bashev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Checkmath wrote: »
    Bashev wrote: »

He thinks, that casting reflective scales somehow buffs his attacks.

I thought so, that is why I wanted that screenshot. Damage wise I didnt noticed any difference, so it could be some UI bug.
    Because I can!
  • Enzym3
    Enzym3
    ✭✭
    Hi, I will make a new Dvr after patch and upload it here if thats allowed.

But simply cast your wings and it applies a huge increase to your damage for example crushing shock would be something like 4k per element - increased to nearly 4600 with wings cast.

The moment i cast the skill i have this increase - there is no indicator on my character screen to tell me i have a major/minor buff. Anyway as far as i remember it the minor buff your are referring to is obtained from the stone giant skill tree.

• Dracane
    Dracane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    WNxSiv wrote: »

But simply cast your wings and it applies a huge increase to your damage for example crushing shock would be something like 4k per element - increased to nearly 4600 with wings cast.

The moment i cast the skill i have this increase - there is no indicator on my character screen to tell me i have a major/minor buff. Anyway as far as i remember it the minor buff your are referring to is obtained from the stone giant skill tree.

This would explain why DKs apply such insane pressure on opponents.
    I will test this immediately and see if it happens to me as well and if the damage is actually real.
    Auri-El is my lord,
    Trinimac is my shield,
    Magnus is my mind.
  • Enzym3
    Enzym3
    ✭✭
    Dracane wrote: »

I will test this immediately and see if it happens to me as well and if the damage is actually real.

Do you mean it's possible that it is just showing me those numbers on the tooltip but not actually applying that damage?

look forward to your results, thanks man.
  • Dracane
    Dracane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Do you mean it's possible that it is just showing me those numbers on the tooltip but not actually applying that damage?

Yes, that is possible. We are actually facing a very similiar bug at the moment, where a set that gives you like 4k magicka, is added to your ressources, but does not increase all your damage.

So I will check this and see. Sadly, my DK is level 29/2 so I need to level a few minutes to gain access to wings.
    Auri-El is my lord,
    Trinimac is my shield,
    Magnus is my mind.
  • Enzym3
    Enzym3
    ✭✭

Yes, that is possible. We are actually facing a very similiar bug at the moment, where a set that gives you like 4k magicka, is added to your ressources, but does not increase all your damage.

So I will check this and see. Sadly, my DK is level 29/2 so I need to level a few minutes to gain access to wings.

Great, thanks!

Feels like there is a hard cap with max resources somewhere around 43k or something - I am experiencing something similar on my stam warden, too much stam reduced overall damage, but throwing in a piece which added weapon damage instead of max stamina increased my damage, i tried switching the stam set out completely but lost about 1k on skills so if there is some diminishing return cap then it seems like a really fine line
  • Dracane
    Dracane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So I decided to do this on the private test server instead. I wanted to avoid that, because things can have changed already there. However, I can not reproduce this.

Can you give me further details on what you were wearing, perhaps where you were when this happens etc. ?
    Edited by Dracane on January 30, 2019 10:42AM
    Auri-El is my lord,
    Trinimac is my shield,
    Magnus is my mind.
  • Enzym3
    Enzym3
    ✭✭
    Oh wow I have been taking advantage of the skill buff for years so right now top of my head

Stam dk is using way of fire and red mountain, 1 piece domihaus, 1 piece kraghs - camorans throne,

mag dk using bright throat and spinners and i think 1 piece llambris/domi - witchmothers brew.

- edit - Last time i showed this was to some guildmates in the coldharbour surreal estate within the past 2 weeks for a location

No problem, I'll get a new DVr done after patch(xbox player)
    Edited by Enzym3 on January 30, 2019 10:51AM
  • Dracane
    Dracane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh wow I have been taking advantage of the skill buff for years so right now top of my head

Stam dk is using way of fire and red mountain, 1 piece domihaus, 1 piece kraghs - camorans throne,

mag dk using bright throat and spinners and i think 1 piece llambris/domi - witchmothers brew.

- edit - Last time i showed this was to some guildmates in the coldharbour surreal estate within the past 2 weeks for a location

What you are wearing on your magDk is almost exactly what I randomly equipped on the pts. Hm, I am not sure how this could happen. I mean, it could be a console exclusive bug for all we know.
    Edited by Dracane on January 30, 2019 10:53AM
    Auri-El is my lord,
    Trinimac is my shield,
    Magnus is my mind.
  • Enzym3
    Enzym3
    ✭✭

What you are wearing on your magDk is almost exactly what I randomly equipped on the pts. Hm, I am not sure how this could happen. I mean, it could be a console exclusive bug for all we know.

That would expain why my repeated topics over the past years have been ignored lol
  • Dracane
    Dracane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

That would expain why my repeated topics over the past years have been ignored lol

Who knows, perhaps you are blessed with a unique overpowered might that nobody else can access. :D
    Auri-El is my lord,
    Trinimac is my shield,
    Magnus is my mind.
  • Enzym3
    Enzym3
    ✭✭

Who knows, perhaps you are blessed with a unique overpowered might that nobody else can access. :D

My pvp results beg to differ at times lol
  • vesselwiththepestle
    vesselwiththepestle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My tooltips don't change after casting Wings. Maybe it depends on the morph. I use Reflective Plate.

PC/EU
    Edited by vesselwiththepestle on January 30, 2019 11:10AM
    1000+ CP
    PC/EU Ravenwatch Daggerfall Covenant

Give me my wings back!
  • Dracane
    Dracane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Great news ! @Sanguivoria saw this topic and contacted me in game. They told me that only the dragonfire scales morph does this. And indeed ! This is the case.

My flame lash without wings active has a tooltip of 9356
    51047004_226192408190918_8741805150982635520_n.png?_nc_cat=110&_nc_ht=scontent-frt3-1.xx&oh=d6c459d3bf14e21059ddbc5f548866f2&oe=5CB6AD20

With wings active, the tooltip jumps to 11711
    50979537_351057112414642_7671122567763066880_n.png?_nc_cat=101&_nc_ht=scontent-frt3-1.xx&oh=1f3c652d1ea5a4aa2af4e344e7408673&oe=5CFAA2AB

However, as expected and luckily so, this is just tooltip damage. It does not affect the actual damage dealt.

51153985_2313848208940676_5992398981957681152_n.png?_nc_cat=111&_nc_ht=scontent-frt3-1.xx&oh=96e972ca78f3bc5706abafe2c6bbe1cc&oe=5CBDEB19

With wings active
    51562067_2137053013081233_7353651491619471360_n.png?_nc_cat=103&_nc_ht=scontent-frt3-1.xx&oh=5d90f42ae780b62bac7beb0fb6b9dd13&oe=5CB95696

Auri-El is my lord,
    Trinimac is my shield,
    Magnus is my mind.
  • vesselwiththepestle
    vesselwiththepestle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow, great find!
    1000+ CP
    PC/EU Ravenwatch Daggerfall Covenant

Give me my wings back!
  • Enzym3
    Enzym3
    ✭✭
    Ah thank you, i have just logged in and you are right for me also on xb NA, i can't believe I never checked to see if it was actually dealing the damage before, nice 1!

EDIT same result on my stam dk, case closed thank you guys, now i have to try and forget to use it so often during rotations!
    Edited by Enzym3 on January 30, 2019 12:16PM
  • Illuvatarr
    Illuvatarr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Surprise the DK. Keep casting spells at them and dodge your own ***. Wings needs a buff. It should reflect proc sets. The only nerf it should have (if any)is it shouldn’t work on attacks in melee range.
    Edited by Illuvatarr on January 30, 2019 3:57PM
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Great news ! @Sanguivoria saw this topic and contacted me in game. They told me that only the dragonfire scales morph does this. And indeed ! This is the case.

51047004_226192408190918_8741805150982635520_n.png?_nc_cat=110&_nc_ht=scontent-frt3-1.xx&oh=d6c459d3bf14e21059ddbc5f548866f2&oe=5CB6AD20

50979537_351057112414642_7671122567763066880_n.png?_nc_cat=101&_nc_ht=scontent-frt3-1.xx&oh=1f3c652d1ea5a4aa2af4e344e7408673&oe=5CFAA2AB

However, as expected and luckily so, this is just tooltip damage. It does not affect the actual damage dealt.

51153985_2313848208940676_5992398981957681152_n.png?_nc_cat=111&_nc_ht=scontent-frt3-1.xx&oh=96e972ca78f3bc5706abafe2c6bbe1cc&oe=5CBDEB19

With wings active
    51562067_2137053013081233_7353651491619471360_n.png?_nc_cat=103&_nc_ht=scontent-frt3-1.xx&oh=5d90f42ae780b62bac7beb0fb6b9dd13&oe=5CB95696

Now the real question; WHY! lol
    Minno - DC - Forum-plar Extraordinaire
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • ccmedaddy
    ccmedaddy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Illuvatarr wrote: »
    Wings needs a buff. It should reflect proc sets.
    It already does.
  • Asmael
    Asmael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It's an old bug, which got fixed in an old PTS, but apparently came back (oh surprise). Never trust the tooltips, so many bugs with them (Oblivion damage getting increased by MAA is another one), there was an issue with Hawk eye not increasing the tooltip damage of the bow ult while it did actually increase the damage, etc...
    ccmedaddy wrote: »
    Illuvatarr wrote: »
    Wings needs a buff. It should reflect proc sets.
    It already does.

Hello Sloads / Red mountain / Skoria / Icy conjuror / Unfathomable / Overwhelming / Plague slinger / Doylemish, which all happen to be projectile / beam based proc sets that ain't reflected.

Caluurion can be reflected, might be missing 1 or 2 reflectable but that's about how far it goes.
    PC EU - Zahraji of the Void, aka "Kitty", the fluffiest salmon genocider in town.
    Poke @AsmaeI (last letter is uppercase "i") on PC EU or Asmael#9325 on Discord and receive a meow today.
  • Enzym3
    Enzym3
    ✭✭
    I dunno i see both sides of the argument but, some of those sets are not projectiles, like overwhelming, this is an aoe around your own character and will damage you when you are within 12 meters from memory.

If we are going to allow these wings and warden ice bolt morph to reflect anything then i would say that only if they were procced by a ranged attack, like a bow or staff LA/HA etc.

personally I don't feel like anyone using a melee (non-bow) build should be punished for using a set that procced a ranged attack and had it reflected back at them when it is completely out of your control. Now if you are using a ranged build, and the other team has a reflect, then you know full well that you need to be careful with your attacks, reflecting a ranged attack is how it's meant to be right?

having said that I was using caluurions on a powerwhip build until i realised it was being reflected back at me, something uncontrollable (kinda unfair), at least when i can see someones wings are down then i can hit them.

That set is just gathering dust in the bank now
  • ccmedaddy
    ccmedaddy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Asmael wrote: »
    Hello Sloads / Red mountain / Skoria / Icy conjuror / Unfathomable / Overwhelming / Plague slinger / Doylemish, which all happen to be projectile / beam based proc sets that ain't reflected.
    I didn't know about Plague Slinger and Red Mountain not being reflectable... that makes zero sense lol. It's frustrating how inconsistent some of the game mechanics are. But I'd also argue that the majority of the sets you listed are not projectile-based and therefore should not be reflected. Overwhelming and Skoria, for example.
  • Checkmath
    Checkmath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ccmedaddy wrote: »
    Asmael wrote: »
    I didn't know about Plague Slinger and Red Mountain not being reflectable... that makes zero sense lol. It's frustrating how inconsistent some of the game mechanics are. But I'd also argue that the majority of the sets you listed are not projectile-based and therefore should not be reflected. Overwhelming and Skoria, for example.

Both plague slinger and red mountain procs from an obstacle and not from the enemy player himself. Red mountain proc comes from a tiny volcano and plague slinger from the dead body of some stupid rat. If you would reflect it, it would be aimed at the dead rat or the volcano and not towards the enemy player. So you see, it does not make sense to reflect them if the target is an obstacle, which can not be damaged.
    Skoria kind is similar to meteor and comes from above, not from the enemy itself, again reflecting would not target the enemy (but at one point it was possible to reflect meteor). Overwhelming is not a projectile. It is kind of a mix between aoe and single target beam.
  • robpr
    robpr
    ✭✭✭✭✭

With wings active

Try with projectile spammable, like Stone Giant or Elemental Weapon as Dragonfire Scales increase the damage of projectiles that it reflect.
  • Enzym3
    Enzym3
    ✭✭
    I spent quite some time with both stam and mag dk using every skill i had available including light and heavy attacks - no difference to damage, i tried with ultimates, i tried with proc sets like skorias, caluurions, red mountain, no difference in damage, just the tooltip as always.