Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Easiest way to level up a class tree and an ability?

glamorousskies
So i know the more abliities of one type you have on your bar, the faster that skill line will level. Example, 5 storm calling abilities slotted or 5 nightblade assassination abilities will level faster then having one slotted.

But what else affects it. Does landing an attack with a specific ability level it up? Do you have to land the killing blow to get it? How can you power level class lines, what is the max level for an ability tree? What is the max level for one ability?
  • glamorousskies
    anyone know the answer?
  • glamorousskies
    does anyone know?
  • Litleheieb17_ESO
    Bueller? .... Bueller?... ;)
  • glamorousskies
    Bueller? .... Bueller?... ;)

this guy has the right idea. am i just getting ignored>?

• Litleheieb17_ESO
    Sorry, could not help myself..

To the topic, I don't know for sure, but after reading in other forums with similar questions. I understand that having the ability on the active bar makes the ability and the skill line gaining XP, while the mob dies or delivering quests/exploring.

I have not seen any post that says that using the ability or getting killing blow with a specific ability gives more XP to that ability in question.
  • icengr_ESO
    icengr_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    I noticed that the best way was to have abilities slotted when you turn in a quest was the best way to advance skills. but that is just my observation.
  • Litleheieb17_ESO
    About the rest of the questions:
    * An ability will max at Level 4, then the morphed ability can also level to max 4.
    * A skill line (ability tree) will max at Level 50
    * To "powerlevel"; put as many ability from that skill line on the active bar when turing in quests/exploring/mob dies.