Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Is there cross-alliance chat (yell/say) in Cyrodiil? or How do you coordinate truces?

slander36
slander36
✭✭✭
Sorry that this is a stupid question, there's just no way to test it out without making an alt and spending time I don't have leveling up to test it. There was always a section in the Beta survey about cross-alliance chat but I never thought to try it out. All I know is that at different points of time the alliances would "form a truce" to wreck the other, and I assumed they were just running close by a keep and yelling or something. I'm running Daggerfall as a DC and would like to know if it's possible to yell at EP to get them off their asses or if I'd have to go through the trouble of making an EP player and joining an EP guild to make the alliance. Thanks to those who know and feel like sharing!

Best Answer

• reagen_lionel
    reagen_lionel
    ✭✭✭✭
    yeah if one faction dominates a campaign beyond any reasonable way of a comeback, theres no real way for 2 factions to form a temporary truce to repel back the dominating faction.

Secondly, I'd like to hear to battlecries of my enemies and hear what they are saying.

• Hawke
    Hawke
    ✭✭✭✭
    That would be something worthy of testing, and very easy to do.

I know for a fact that you can send tells to anyone in the game, regardless of their faction or location.
  • MercyKilling
    MercyKilling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You're forgetting about third party communication programs like Ventrilo and Skype and TeamSpeak. People can(and do) communicate across factions with them.
    I am not spending a single penny on the game until changes are made to the game that I want to see.
    1) Remove having to be in a guild to sell items to other players at a kiosk.
    2) Cosmetic modding for armor and clothing.
    3) Difficulty slider.
    4) Fully customizable player housing that isn't tied to anything in the game other than having the correct resources and enough gold to build. Don't tie it to PvP, guild membership, or anything at all. Oh, make it instanced so as not to take up world map space, too. Zeni screwed this one up already.
    Any /one/ of these things implemented would get me spending again, maybe even subbing.