Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Housing, the forgotten anniversary

immozz01
immozz01
✭✭✭
won't be long and we will have 2nd anniversary of housing in ESO

2 hours of twitch tv about 2019 and NOTHING mentioned about housing (saying 2 new houses will come is no basic news is houses, not housing)

seems like last year, we will not get a anniversary "event" for housing, I think that is sad, if you like it or not economy of housing has a bigger impact then the hew's bane dlc and that has an anniversary event??

ZOS just do 1week of double furniture mats dropping from nodes, that's all, show you care?....
  • trevhunt
    trevhunt
    Soul Shriven
    Yeah, would be good to have some sort of event, think I've spent more time decorating than i have spent in Hew's Bane
  • Sturmfaenger
    Sturmfaenger
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    <3
    PC/EU
  • radiostar
    radiostar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    At least give out a purple or gold furniture or furnishing plan. LOL.
    "Billions upon Billions of Stars"
  • immozz01
    immozz01
    ✭✭✭
    radiostar wrote: »
    At least give out a purple or gold furniture or furnishing plan. LOL.

like said, double furniture drops from nodes or so, or for a part like "old" crown houses again in crownshop for a week (all of them), not that I have crowns, but would just show some sort of attention to something that has its % in the game
  • Alinhbo_Tyaka
    Alinhbo_Tyaka
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Or special crafting writs that give maybe ten writ vouchers for basic blues once a day for a week.
  • Paazhahdrimaak
    Paazhahdrimaak
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The amount of time and money i put into my Earthtear cavern i'd love a furniture/housing event and revamp.
    Some ideas?

- Have the luxury vendor bring back everything for a week.
    - Unique quests to make certain items
    - Previously unavailable furniture/structures (give us an argonian mud hut i can put in Earthtear, or wood elf pod, murkmire bungalows.)
    - Event items (more banners!) Lol
    - Increase item limits accross the board, Earthtear gets 700, when the houses in shadowfen get 600? The big expensive ones could handle more.
    - Sale in crown store items
    - Bring back limited time bundles from crown store and houses.
    -Add the Guild house option
    -An official house decorating competition

Lots of us put an extreme amount of time into our homes. And this feature gets little attention. Please make 2019 a good year for us homesteaders.
    Edited by Paazhahdrimaak on January 27, 2019 10:39PM
  • immozz01
    immozz01
    ✭✭✭
    The amount of time and money i put into my Earthtear cavern i'd love a furniture/housing event and revamp.
    Some ideas?

- Have the luxury vendor bring back everything for a week.
    - Unique quests to make certain items
    - Previously unavailable furniture/structures (give us an argonian mud hut i can put in Earthtear, or wood elf pod, murkmire bungalows.)
    - Event items (more banners!) Lol
    - Increase item limits accross the board, Earthtear gets 700, when the houses in shadowfen get 600? The big expensive ones could handle more.
    - Sale in crown store items
    - Bring back limited time bundles from crown store and houses.
    -Add the Guild house option
    -An official house decorating competition

Lots of us put an extreme amount of time into our homes. And this feature gets little attention. Please make 2019 a good year for us homesteaders.

any of these will do :) seems Zos is not bothered and only aims for the 4 quarter releases and ignores what players are actually doing in the game
  • anadandy
    anadandy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Agreed, it would be really nice if ZOS acknowledged Homestead in some other way besides dropping a ridiculously huge crown exclusive property once in a while.

Great ideas here - double node drops, bring back discontinued furnishing packs and/or discount the basic packs.

But housing is the red headed step child, so I won't hold my breath.

• Zypheran
    Zypheran
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    A price promotion on ALL houses and furniture items would be great for the 2nd anniversary. I have almost 40K crowns sitting gathering dust and I can promise that if there was a sale on houses (not just the notable ones like Black Friday), I would be spending a large chunk of my crowns.
    All my housing builds are available on YouTube
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCf3oJ_cxuu01HmWZJZ6KK6g?view_as=subscriber
    I am happy to share the EHT save files for most of my builds.
  • TerraDewBerry
    TerraDewBerry
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    immozz01 wrote: »

2 hours of twitch tv about 2019 and NOTHING mentioned about housing (saying 2 new houses will come is no basic news is houses, not housing)

seems like last year, we will not get a anniversary "event" for housing, I think that is sad, if you like it or not economy of housing has a bigger impact then the hew's bane dlc and that has an anniversary event??

ZOS just do 1week of double furniture mats dropping from nodes, that's all, show you care?....

Agreed, housing should get something.. almost anything would be better than what we have gotten. It sort of feels like housing was done and then more or less forgotten.. except for adding more housing items.. so we can be reminded that housing needs more item slots!!
  • immozz01
    immozz01
    ✭✭✭
    immozz01 wrote: »

Agreed, housing should get something.. almost anything would be better than what we have gotten. It sort of feels like housing was done and then more or less forgotten.. except for adding more housing items.. so we can be reminded that housing needs more item slots!!

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/455846/pts-patch-notes-v4-3-1

wow 5 years milestone!! 5 weeks of celebration???....

2 years of housing and not even a 2 minute crown shop mayhem item...
  • j.greenmanb16_ESO
    j.greenmanb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    They make too much money off of furnishings and housing to do any sort of event to make things free or easier to get. ZOS wants their cheddar.
    "You are brave and you are strong, of this there is no doubt. But without me at your side, your deeds will go unknown, your death unwept and your story unsung - Sings-In-Shade, the Argonian Bard
  • immozz01
    immozz01
    ✭✭✭
    They make too much money off of furnishings and housing to do any sort of event to make things free or easier to get. ZOS wants their cheddar.

perhaps but then their marketing department should grab the opportunity and recycle crown houses and furniture packs to "celebrate". ignoring it will not yield a penny
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Great ideas here. I'll add another: introduce furnishing documents for Dwarven, Clockwork City, and Alinor plans.
  • raikumori
    raikumori
    A housing anniversary event sounds amazing.

Just another idea too, maybe make housing mats double drop too, to go along with the fantastic double drop idea for furnishing plans.

I’m talking things like bast, regulus, mundane rune, etc.

I’d also love to see some of the LTO houses back in the crown store, especially since there are so many new players who didn’t even have the game when they were originally released.
  • Ertosi
    Ertosi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's a great idea, but I doubt they would do anything now to acknowledge Homestead's or Housing's anniversary as it would only draw attention to 2019's lack of new large systems of that caliber as well as the overall dwindling of yearly content.

Q1 2017 brought us the Player Housing system and Q1 2018 brought us the Outfitting system. Nothing of that caliber brought this Q1, nor is anything that substantial shown to be on the horizon for this year.

Similarly, look at new crafting systems like jewelry crafting that was brought last year, or the 3 new crafting systems brought the year before: furniture crafting, transmutation, and master writs! Again, nothing of that level shown to be coming this year.

No, any extra emphasis placed on Housing would only draw attention to the lack of new content of similar caliber. If anyone would like to know more, I've added detailed Q1, Q2 and yearly comparisons to my sig.
    PC NA @Ertosi
    ♠♦ My Team ♥♣
    GoanJabsplar [Grand Master Crafter, Master Angler, Tamriel Hero, Explorer]
    DruStamplar
    TicklesHealplar
    DixieMagplar
    FigsStamblade Sneakthief [Master Thief]
    Sir PriceStamblade Bow Ganker [Daedric Lord Slayer]
    MayaStamblade Speedster
    AhmedMagblade Bomber
    BalzarStamSorc Blitzer
    WinniePetSorc Thunder Mage
    TanksStamDK Tank
    MonaMagDK Fire Mage
    DawnHPDK
    BearlyStamden Tank
    IvanaMagden Ice Mage

CP 950+
    ♌ DC Loyalist ♌
    ✄ Grand Master Crafter
    No new crafting or game systems for 2019? "Season of the Dragon" would be better named "The Year of no New Major Features"
    https://i.imgur.com/TPscgS9.jpg to see major features of the last few years compared.
    https://i.imgur.com/X8qY0gP.jpg to see a detailed comparison of this year's Q1 to the last two Q1s.
    https://i.imgur.com/4z71cK8.jpg to see a detailed comparison of each years' first two quarters combined.
    https://i.imgur.com/jrHe5h8.jpg to see a projected comparison of the full years and what 2019's Q4 will need to catch up.
    Unsubbed January 15th, 2019 due to the lack of any new substantial features shown to be coming in 2019.
  • bluebird
    bluebird
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Ertosi wrote: »
    It's a great idea, but I doubt they would do anything now to acknowledge Homestead's or Housing's anniversary as it would only draw attention to 2019's lack of new large systems of that caliber as well as the overall dwindling of yearly content.
    I usually appreciate jaded sceptical souls, and props to you for your comparative content analysis, but surely adding some love to an already existing system would be better than doing nothing and hoping people don't notice? :tongue: At least that's what I keep telling myself in the hopes that housing will get at least some attention lol.

As for possible things they could implement, they could do a housing celebration event similar to the other celebration events they did with a daily activity:
    - Nodes should drop double furnishing mats which was a great suggestion above
    - They should add a funiture crafting daily (basic easy-to-craft things like the New Life Charity writs), which rewards you with a 'homeowner's supply bag' and two event tickets
    - The homeowner's supply bag should include furnishing mats as common drops, furniture as uncommon drops, furnishing patterns as rare drops, and houses as super-duper rare drops like the Mysterious Reward Boxes did.
    - The Impressario should sell some fancy housing anniversary furnishing for event tickets - they are adding an Indrik pet and outfit style pages to her stock for upcoming events, so they could add some housing-related item to tie-in with the homestead celebration and to give people something to spend their tickets on other than a goat-bird-horse :smiley:
    - They should bring back limited time houses and furnishings to the crown store, the same way they bring back thematic crown store items for events - christmas horse for the new life event, collector's edition items during the DLC events, etc.

Other ideas mentioned on this thread, like adding more existing structures as furniture, adding different furniture-style documents for purchase and increasing the item limit are things I 100% support as well, but those would probably be part of a longer and more involved rework process than a 1.5 week event they can just slap on the current system as it is. That said, I hope they'll continue adding furniture and doing something with the item limit... half-decorated mansions do get boring after a while :cry:
  • Snowfaeriewings
    Snowfaeriewings
    ✭✭✭
    Very good point. I really do wish they would stop neglecting decorators!
  • kind_hero
    kind_hero
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hope for a housing overhaul anniversary...

- more slots
    - new furnishings from the ones requested by the community
    - wayshrine inside the house
    - more interactions like switch activated doors/lights/things
    - usable beds/food/drinks/pillows
    - upgradable houses (add slots/basement/enable tower/backyard etc)
    - more medium sized houses like Chironasium layout, Alinor village houses, etc
    - furnishings deconstruction
    - NPCs, like servants/guards
    - trade houses, etc
    [PC/EU] Tamriel Hero, Stormproof, Grand Master Crafter
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    bluebird wrote: »
    Ertosi wrote: »

I usually appreciate jaded sceptical souls, and props to you for your comparative content analysis, but surely adding some love to an already existing system would be better than doing nothing and hoping people don't notice? :tongue: At least that's what I keep telling myself in the hopes that housing will get at least some attention lol.

Exactly my reaction. Isn't doing something better than doing nothing? I'm also not seeing how doing a Homestead Anniversary would draw attention to a lack of new systems - couldn't it distract from it? Also, we don't know for sure whether there isn't some new system or something that's coming later in the year. But, perhaps not, which is why they've hyped the *** out of the one-year story arc, dragons, and necro class.

But, even something so small as giving us a house in the Hollow City - a house, not a daedric plot of land - would be welcome. This could be made available after clearing the Coldharbour questline and the main questline, and would be purchasable with gold.
  • anadandy
    anadandy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Happy Second Anniversary, Homestead! ZOS may have forgotten you but we didn't.

Was in the Gold Coast last night and that is a missed opportunity. I know it has two player homes already but both are crown exclusive limited time manors. It's one of these few zones (along with Coldharbor - as mentioned above also a great idea) that has Nibenese Imperial style architecture - it has lots of beautiful open space where they could drop a small player home.

There are also several ships docked there, with decorative rowboats on shore that could be made into portals to a small ship home (maybe even just the "captains Cabin" as an apartment.) similar to how you take rowboats to other locations like the Delve in Summerset.
  • AdamskiAlders
    AdamskiAlders
    ✭✭✭
    anadandy wrote: »
    Happy Second Anniversary, Homestead! ZOS may have forgotten you but we didn't.

Was in the Gold Coast last night and that is a missed opportunity. I know it has two player homes already but both are crown exclusive limited time manors. It's one of these few zones (along with Coldharbor - as mentioned above also a great idea) that has Nibenese Imperial style architecture - it has lots of beautiful open space where they could drop a small player home.

There are also several ships docked there, with decorative rowboats on shore that could be made into portals to a small ship home (maybe even just the "captains Cabin" as an apartment.) similar to how you take rowboats to other locations like the Delve in Summerset.

Or bring back/add in the Pirate Cove/Thieves Den from Oblivion or at least part of it. If I remember correctly it had its own pirate ship cabin to sleep in, admittedly broken and wrecked as it was.
  • SilentFox22
    SilentFox22
    ✭✭✭
    Housing is the new End Game!

Seriously...

I've pretty sure I've spent approx 80% of my ESO game time the past two years in Homestead. xD
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    If you don't mind a lowly newb joining in your thread...

I've only been playing for about 2 years and managed to save up gold for my first house and get a larger crown house later. Then when the Summerset contest came and the Psijic Villa was a free bonus, I bought that chapter. Instead of being an exciting work-in-progress, it is an exercise in futility. I wasn't there before the Great Nerf, so it is almost impossible to find Alinor furnishing recipes now. I can farm 10 times a day and get maybe one blue recipe a week and one purple a month. I can afford to buy blue recipes from guild traders (and I've bought quite a lot), but the purple furnishing recipes are typically 400k up to 1.7 mil gold. It would take all the gold I have just to buy one recipe.

Murkmire follows with so few containers that I have 0 furnishing recipes despite completing all the quests and still doing daily quests.

What's in store for Elsweyr? Like SilentFox22, I'm really into the housing but the rewards are getting fewer compared to the time and gold invested in it. If you invest so much time in crafting you want to have the joy of discovering a good recipe and crafting things for your house(s).
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Redguard Stamina Dragonknight
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA