PVP Kill Quest Topic #42

Mange
Mange
✭✭
Because these seriously need to keep being made, why? Zenimax has patched a couple of times since that ridiculous daily quest nerf which happened in the blink of an eye. After seeing how quickly it was nerfed, why hasn't a fix come at anywhere near the same pace?

Try this Zenimax, leave the quest daily but give the players 5 choices when accepting the quest from the bounty board.

Kill 50 players, 3k alliance points + appropriate gold and xp + random green piece for your level

Kill 100 players, 6k alliance points + appropriate gold and xp + random green piece for your level

Kill 250 players, 15k alliance points + appropriate gold and xp + random blue piece for your level

Kill 500 players, 30k alliance points + appropriate gold and xp + random blue piece or purple for your level

Kill 1000 players, 60k alliance points + appropriate gold and xp + random purple for your level

Players can determine which quest they want to handle based on the time they have, and before you claim that 60k AP is too high, for one, killing 1000 players is no joke and on average probably won't be completed on a daily basis. Next you need to see the end game alliance point costs for gear, a random purple accessory is 625k by itself.

Next if you think the gear is to generous, you have no idea how easy it is to get purple or how random the gear you receive is, you might get something you don't even want to use still so its an even trade for getting quality items for your level. After all of the greens I've received in the mail over the last week+ I just realized that Cyrodil actually has set pieces. The chances of me collecting the set are crazy low at the moment. So yea just my 5 cents on the topic and I think the topic needs to keep being pressed until they do something about it and fix their progression halting PVP system. To be honest overall XP gained needs to be increased in just about everything in Cyrodiil, not so much for the PVE quests but even they aren't all that rewarding. You would be better off doing a quest line for your level in PVE and come out with a skill point, gear, and the same amount of XP of a Cyrodiil quest if not more.

"Do I want to level today, or PVP?"
Edited by Mange on April 7, 2014 9:41PM
  • ElSlayer
    ElSlayer
    ✭✭✭
    You've made same mistake as they did in "achieving Emperor title" design.
    The system you suggest rewards players that spend most time in game, not the players that have best results.
    @d0e1ow: There is no singular thing within a game's little ecosystem that will convince you that you hate the game, hate your life, and hate everyone around you faster than the game's official forums will.

@TaffyIX: Life is too short to get upset by a video game.
    Options
  • Mange
    Mange
    ✭✭
    The best results of what, zerging? Do you think individual player performance needs to stand out in 300v300? lol

No mistakes here, give the players that Cyrodiil almost exclusively a way to take advantage of the fact. It's that simple. I myself would probably go for the 250 quest and then go back to PVE.
    Options
  • ElSlayer
    ElSlayer
    ✭✭✭
    Results of achieving your alliance's victory in given campaign, namely - participating in capturing and defending objects.

Although, I don't see how such system of rewards can be done. Whole Emperor design is not worked out well.

Personally I agree with Zenimax's "ridiculous daily quest nerf". It should be done. In fact I'm surprised they have not done so during beta-test. It was obvious exploit and killed PvP. All you needed to be "successful" in terms of Alliance Points (the PvP score, The Measure) is to be AFK near your raid until you get 20 kills, run into enemy ranks and die, respawn at gates, collect the reward and take quest again. Rinse and repeat.
    @d0e1ow: There is no singular thing within a game's little ecosystem that will convince you that you hate the game, hate your life, and hate everyone around you faster than the game's official forums will.

@TaffyIX: Life is too short to get upset by a video game.
    Options